Does ALDI or LIDL do giftcards?

Oleander
Oleander Posts: 24 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi there

Does ALDI or LIDL do giftcards that I can buy online? I can't see anything on either of their websites.

I want to buy a giftcard for my daughter to thank her for something. She is hard up but refuses to allow me to give her money. The two supermarkets near her home are ALDI and LIDL.

Thanks!

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oleander wrote: »
    Hi there

Does ALDI or LIDL do giftcards that I can buy online? I can't see anything on either of their websites.

I want to buy a giftcard for my daughter to thank her for something. She is hard up but refuses to allow me to give her money. The two supermarkets near her home are ALDI and LIDL.

Thanks!

No .
  • Oleander
    Oleander Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks! I will rethink
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 May 2018 at 1:19PM
    Doent help you , but I believe both Aldi & Lidl do gift cards in most other countries , just not in UK
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Oleander wrote: »
    I want to buy a giftcard for my daughter to thank her for something. She is hard up but refuses to allow me to give her money.
    If I didn't know better I'd think you were my mum! I refuse her generous offers of help on account of the fact that a) I don't need it, and b) even if I did, I'd rather she enjoyed it herself rather than subsidising my lifestyle! Her generation has known financial hardships that I never have, and we need to grow up sometimes so maybe a payment in kind for something would be more acceptable, eg childminding, school stuff for her children (assuming she has them)?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Get her a prepaid credit card with some cash loaded onto it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure