Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 855
    • grandma247
    • By grandma247 7th Mar 15, 10:50 AM
    • 2,391 Posts
    • 33,223 Thanks
    grandma247
    Mardatha you can get gluten free stuff from @m@azon. If you check carefully a lot are free postage.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Mar 15, 11:34 AM
    • 5,291 Posts
    • 59,902 Thanks
    Jazee
    Mar, Mrs LW and others. Come and join us fencers on the new thread if you haven't already.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 July 484.42 Total 2019 - 3270.01/5k
    • pondskater
    • By pondskater 7th Mar 15, 1:14 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    pondskater
    I am bit confused, this thread was locked this morning, now it is open again, whatsa happening?
    Haters are gonna hate - you're not obliged to participate
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 7th Mar 15, 5:58 PM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 47,210 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Dunno, but as Pops' real life friend, for those of you who don't read his blog, I can confirm he is doing just great, has built up a good social life with a new network of friends. It's all good.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • mama67
    • By mama67 7th Mar 15, 7:13 PM
    • 1,318 Posts
    • 16,230 Thanks
    mama67
    Maybe one of the board guides could lock this thread so no more posts are made on it.

Thanks
    2 adults, 2 boys ( sportsmad-big eaters) (21 & 18)
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 7th Mar 15, 7:47 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 29,793 Thanks
    tessie bear
    Dunno, but as Pops' real life friend, for those of you who don't read his blog, I can confirm he is doing just great, has built up a good social life with a new network of friends. It's all good.
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    thankyou for posting...very pleased to hear that
    onwards and upwards
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 7th Mar 15, 9:21 PM
    • 1,322 Posts
    • 7,377 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    its good to hear he's getting on ok, he always seemed a bit lonely
    • nobodyspecial
    • By nobodyspecial 8th Mar 15, 12:21 AM
    • 353 Posts
    • 1,437 Thanks
    nobodyspecial
    I was a lurker who was disgusted at the hounding Pop's took, but please tell him how pleased I am that he is doing so well. He was a Gentleman who never responded in kind to the nasty comments that were made by some who now claim victim status, and that's without the ones who made it clear they had him on ignore. Some of us have long memories, I hope the culprits have the grace to feel embarrassed and ashamed. I'm afraid I never knew the location of his blog so am unable to wish him well in person. Please give him my very best wishes.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 8th Mar 15, 7:37 AM
    • 5,666 Posts
    • 45,169 Thanks
    DawnW
    That is good to hear. Thank you

• Ladyshopper
    • By Ladyshopper 8th Mar 15, 12:45 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 28,351 Thanks
    Ladyshopper
    The way you befriended Pops in real life was lovely. There is a clearly a lot of people on here who miss his postings, so please pass on to him that he is missed, and that lots of posters have been wishing him well.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Mar 15, 12:48 PM
    • 13,394 Posts
    • 183,469 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Please what is the correct procedure to ask for a closure of a thread? I'm not sure how to go about it but it seems that it might be in everyones interest to do so. Might we ask the board guides to consider closing this one, there is a new Garden Fence thread already in existence to replace this one and most folks are already posting on it, Thank you, Lyn x.

Hope this is not out of order, and yours is of course the only decision that can be made.
    You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself!

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 8th Mar 15, 4:31 PM
    • 4,902 Posts
    • 45,689 Thanks
    Floss
    Please what is the correct procedure to ask for a closure of a thread? I'm not sure how to go about it but it seems that it might be in everyones interest to do so. Might we ask the board guides to consider closing this one, there is a new Garden Fence thread already in existence to replace this one and most folks are already posting on it, Thank you, Lyn x.

Hope this is not out of order, and yours is of course the only decision that can be made.
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    Mrs L, I asked for it to be closed on Friday - it was closed by Zippy but has somehow been re-opened. I have asked Zippy again to close it.
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 8th Mar 15, 5:50 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    Ladies and Jellyspoons, I'm going to close this now (and refer it to the team as part of the natural process)

our replacement thread is here

New thread new start sounds good to me.

Enjoy your Sunday all

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

791Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter