Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penelope Penguin
    • By Penelope Penguin 17th Sep 10, 5:16 AM
    • 17,087Posts
    • 132,754Thanks
    Penelope Penguin
    Shabby Chic; Volume III
    • 17th Sep 10, 5:16 AM
    Shabby Chic; Volume III 17th Sep 10 at 5:16 AM
    Good morning I've had a request to start a new thread, so here it is - enjoy

This is a new thread dedicated to all things shabby chic. Think traditional english style mixed with new england, Cath Kidston, Laura Ashley and reusing/repainting old furniture to fit in with this style.

The old thread is here; I'll close it once everyone has found this one.

DD and I have been restoring a Freecycled ottoman chest, for her to put her sewing stuff in. I'll see if I can add photos

Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert: Thanks to Penelope Penguin for starting the latest shabby chic discussion. Click reply below to take part. If you haven’t already, join the forum. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 21-05-2013 at 4:02 PM.
    Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding
Page 324
    • Tinydancer
    • By Tinydancer 3rd Jun 18, 2:48 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    Tinydancer
    Hi all, I used to be on here many, many moons ago and posted under a different name.
    I remember Bibbitybob........she says, waving frantically.
    Pollyanna gave me the heads up to pop over and have a look.

Have recently acquired an pine table for the kitchen, so I sanded the top back to bare wood and painted the legs. Gave it a new lease of life. Also painted an MDF shelf that looks more like a mantle. Goint to put that above a sofa with bits and bobs on. I got DH to put it up yesterday using Velcro type hangers which are supposed to be able to carry a heavy weight.
    I dressed it beautifully with candle, candlesticks, propped up picture etc etc.....and it looked lovely.
    For half an hour!!! We heard an almighty crash and the lot was on the floor, complete with shattered candle glass. Aaaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!
    • cbsexec
    • By cbsexec 5th Jun 18, 10:29 AM
    • 370 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    cbsexec
    Oh No. I was thinking of using those types of hangers but maybe not!

Hoping to get some painting done tho.
    • Tinydancer
    • By Tinydancer 6th Jun 18, 3:21 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    Tinydancer
    They work on pictures. We have used them quite a few times.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,103Posts Today

9,809Users online

Martin's Twitter