Long time virgin media customer

KaranD9
KaranD9 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 19 May 2019 at 1:02PM in Broadband & internet access
[FONT=&quot]Hi all,

I am currently a Virgin media customer in London, Paying £46 a month for 213 mbps and weekend talk. I have experienced many problems with the internet connection, both wired and wireless, over the last 12 months. I have called about 10-15 times over this duration. They were not willing to cut my bill or anything. They were willing to let me go, I was transferred to the cancellation department without hesitation...
No other Company provides fast internet at a good price. I am halfway into my contract meaning I would have to pay a hefty fee to cancel.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As a new customer you can get 213mbps for £34 for 12 months and 364mbps for £39.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Thanks
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edit:
[/FONT]
Possibly cancelling and getting a new cheaper contract. not exactly sure.

Have alot of devices connected, so having better speed is required

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    A contract is a contract , they were willing to let you break it

You don't "need" 213 mb or faster broadband , fibre broadband is fine for 99.9% of day to day things like gaming and streaming TV.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm confused by your inclusion of new customer prices, are you looking to leave or just lower the price for a service that you say is not worth staying with?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Its looks like multiple complaints.

new users get cheaper .

Wireless problems ( usually nothing to do with the ISP )

Internet connection problems ( not described nor what VM have said regarding them )

OP cancel and pay the contract off get a cheaper service . But first price up other services speed for your location .
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    no point you paying to leave them is there!

wait until the minimum term ends or they put the price up (leave within 30days usually).

in the mean time keep complaining when you have an issue
  • My parents moved into a new build estate. No other provider has fibre broadband in the area. Move on 5 years went to complain about how new customers are paying half what we were.

They offered minimal discount.

Tried every trick in the book, asking for phone PAC code etc etc, downgrading (price went up!)

But they wouldnt shift on price. They said 'You got your new customer deal when you joined with us'

Tragic
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Tragic
    To be fair, you did get a new customer deal when you were a new customer ..
  • You won't be able to cancel and then rejoin at the cheaper price - you'll be classed as a returning customer not a new customer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure