Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• davholla
    davholla Posts: 523 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    My wife and son were delayed by 4.5 hours going to Colombia with Iberia.
    I emailed
    [FONT=Arial, serif]infoib@iberia.es to ask for compensation but I think this is the wrong email address as other people have had problems with this address.
    Does anyone know the right email address for Iberia? I did spend 30 minutes looking for it.
    [/FONT]
  • thalia22
    thalia22 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi Their all,
    I shall post on this main site the following details all of which are depicted on this main forum website, but I shall also post for reference on the Iberia forum website.
    I have finally won my case after 2.5 years against Iberia, first initiated in December 2010. I finally received my cheque today, (23/5/2013), after the District judge finally approved the Tomlin Order on the 7/5/2013. Part of the Order was non disclosure, however all the information is already in the Public Domain on the website, including my final offer for settlement on page 268 #5346. So the full details are their to be viewed, and all prior to the Court approved, signing of the Tomlin order on the 7/5/2013. So after all that they settled without a full Court Hearing after receiving my very comprehensive case file.
    For those wishing to read the full case history, I list all the following pages for reference:- Page 101,#2106, Page 110,#2187, Page 165,#3285, Page 168, #3345, Page 196 #3917, Page 208 #4512, Page 241 #4819, Page 250 #4983, Page 265 #5286, Page 266 #5303, Page 268 #5346, Page 312 #6239.
  • davholla
    davholla Posts: 523 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    thalia22 wrote: »
    Hi Their all,
    I shall post on this main site the following details all of which are depicted on this main forum website, but I shall also post for reference on the Iberia forum website.
    I have finally won my case after 2.5 years against Iberia, first initiated in December 2010. I finally received my cheque today, (23/5/2013), after the District judge finally approved the Tomlin Order on the 7/5/2013. Part of the Order was non disclosure, however all the information is already in the Public Domain on the website, including my final offer for settlement on page 268 #5346. So the full details are their to be viewed, and all prior to the Court approved, signing of the Tomlin order on the 7/5/2013. So after all that they settled without a full Court Hearing after receiving my very comprehensive case file.
    For those wishing to read the full case history, I list all the following pages for reference:- Page 101,#2106, Page 110,#2187, Page 165,#3285, Page 168, #3345, Page 196 #3917, Page 208 #4512, Page 241 #4819, Page 250 #4983, Page 265 #5286, Page 266 #5303, Page 268 #5346, Page 312 #6239.
    How did you contact Iberia in the first place did you email them or phone them?
  • Little Planet Airlines
    Hello,
    I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place, but I have had awful login problems & then lostvtheborigional thread I was going to post on
    My daughter & her boyfriend were flying out to Sidari from Manchester with Small planet Airlines in Aug & they had a 24hr & 30 min delay at Manchester in that time they were mostly kept @the airport with no offer of vouchers for food or drink, not enough pillows or blankets.They were eventually taken to a hotel over night.
    They have tried to claim from insurance, got offered £40, & Olympic Holidays offered them a £100 between them which was rejected.
    Small Planet too told them to go to their insurer.
    There is as you can imagine a lot more to this, we'll about three a4 pages, but all in all can the claim & is it to Small Planet
    I have put this on another board too but had no replies, so would be so grateful for any help please
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Small Planet consists of two airlines with the same name, one is based in Poland, one in Lithuania, I suspect there is no address in the UK at all. The law does not make operators liable for these claims, although there is something to be said for doing so. It is alleged the man behind the airlines has previously been involved in other airline failures and the chances of getting even so much as a written reply are I suspect very poor. You might like to write to Small Planet if you have an address and say you will sue but if they follow the usual pattern they will close down at the end of October and your money will be wasted
    -
  • NP180
    NP180 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 August 2013 at 10:20AM
    Are TAP covered by compensation claims. 4 of us flew 6 years ago in 2007 from Gatwick to Faro and scheduled flight cancelled. Flew about 12 hours later but first to Lisbon where we had to change planes and wait for local connection to Faro. Don't have any paperwork now nor flight numbers
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NP180 wrote: »
    Are TAP covered by compensation claims. 4 of us flew about 7 years ago from Gatwick and flight cancelled. Flew about 12 hours later. Don't have any paperwork now nor flight numbers

YES but 6 year rule applies ie if 7 years ago you are out of time.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    NP180 wrote: »
    Are TAP covered by compensation claims. 4 of us flew 6 years ago in 2007 from Gatwick to Faro and scheduled flight cancelled. Flew about 12 hours later but first to Lisbon where we had to change planes and wait for local connection to Faro. Don't have any paperwork now nor flight numbers

Start with the FAQs on the first page
    There will be information there on how to get the flight details assuming you know the date of the flight
    Also you will find information on the 6 year ruling to see how quickly you need to act
  • Not posted on a forum before so apologies if I'm putting it in the wrong section?!
    We booked a 2 week package holiday with Olympic Holidays in Agios Nikolaos Crete (30th July to 13th August 2013). Arrive at Gatwick (supposed to be flying with Small Planet) to find Small planet saying they had not been chartered to fly that particular flight (even though our tickets told us so, and staff at Gatwick thought they were too). Then followed several hours of discussions and phone calls before a flight was finally agreed with a different airline. We then had to wait for that plane to be bought over from Milan. We were originally supposed to fly at 09:55 and eventually took off at 14:16. I'd paid extra for earlier flights (easier on my young kids) and had paid extra to reserve seats - none of which stood.
    Who do I complain to? Due to the change in carrier, I'm unsure how best to submit a complaint! Can anyone help?!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    SarahLiz wrote: »
    Not posted on a forum before so apologies if I'm putting it in the wrong section?!
    We booked a 2 week package holiday with Olympic Holidays in Agios Nikolaos Crete (30th July to 13th August 2013). Arrive at Gatwick (supposed to be flying with Small Planet) to find Small planet saying they had not been chartered to fly that particular flight (even though our tickets told us so, and staff at Gatwick thought they were too). Then followed several hours of discussions and phone calls before a flight was finally agreed with a different airline. We then had to wait for that plane to be bought over from Milan. We were originally supposed to fly at 09:55 and eventually took off at 14:16. I'd paid extra for earlier flights (easier on my young kids) and had paid extra to reserve seats - none of which stood.
    Who do I complain to? Due to the change in carrier, I'm unsure how best to submit a complaint! Can anyone help?!

Contact Olympic first to find out who the (Italian?) airline were that actually flew you out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback