Missold PPI via Resolver claim

Hi there

I have been diligently putting in my PPI claims since January via resolver. Had some successes and fortunate to have received over £9k. I submitted a flurry at the end of July and some mid-August (about 30) but haven't received responses from Santander, GE Money. Kensington Mortgages, Intelligent Finance, Hitachi and Prestige. I have chased via resolver but am thinking it might be wort my time to put a couple of hours work in to do an individual claim via these company's websites so I don't miss the deadline.

Overkill or worth it?

Hope everyone is enjoying the long-awaited sunshine!
DFW. LBM £46,490 on 23/2/17.
£43,468 as at 15/1/19

Determined to clear the debt and grateful for any advice and support along the way.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Resolver is very hit and miss with regard to forwarding your complaints.

It's always best to send your complaint directly, rather than hoping that a third party will get round to doing it for you.
  • I put in a claim at the end of June and as I wasn’t sure what I was entitled to and was still paying for my policy now I put in a claim via Resolver under Plevin. I heard very little apart from an acknowledgement until this week. I received a phone call asking a couple of questions about how I bought the policy and I explained that when I took out my mortgage I was told I had to have ppi it wasn’t an option. I received a letter yesterday offering me £12650! I was really happy as wasn’t expecting any more than maybe a few thousand at the most.
    I would highly recommend using the tool as I did very little work and didn’t pay any of my money to a third party.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I would highly recommend using the tool as I did very little work and didn’t pay any of my money to a third party.

At this very late stage, I wouldnt risk resolver. I would go direct. Resolver does have a failure rate in respect of complaints not actually making it to the bank.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Resolver is renowned for utilising incorrect email addresses... despite being advised of this over and over again.

Also exceptionally glitchy, always go direct!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have been diligently putting in my PPI claims since January via resolver. Had some successes and fortunate to have received over £9k. I submitted a flurry at the end of July and some mid-August (about 30)
    You must have had an enormous amount of debt if you were able to put in "about thirty" PPI mis-selling complaints?
    . I have chased via resolver but am thinking it might be wort my time to put a couple of hours work in to do an individual claim via these company's websites so I don't miss the deadline.

If you've already received £9,000 in redress, why are your other complaints being made only now?
    I'm certain you won't be the only one sending the same complaint via multiple portals, but thirty?
  • Debs_1870 wrote: »
    I put in a claim at the end of June and as I wasn’t sure what I was entitled to and was still paying for my policy now I put in a claim via Resolver under Plevin. I heard very little apart from an acknowledgement until this week. I received a phone call asking a couple of questions about how I bought the policy and I explained that when I took out my mortgage I was told I had to have ppi it wasn’t an option. I received a letter yesterday offering me £12650! I was really happy as wasn’t expecting any more than maybe a few thousand at the most.

Really pleased to hear of your success
    £43,468 as at 15/1/19

Determined to clear the debt and grateful for any advice and support along the way.
  • Hi there

Thanks for your judgement rather than advice that I was actually seeking.

Regards
    £43,468 as at 15/1/19

• Thanks, taking your advice,
    £43,468 as at 15/1/19

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure