PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Quite the opposite.

They HAVE to destroy the records in accordance with the DPA, but would welcome you providing your own evidence, as you were the only one allowed to keep it.

Then they can review your complaint.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When the PPI claim companies have no more work - what will they try to con us with next ?
  • [Deleted User]
    They're already started.

Interest only mortgages.
  • They're already started.

Interest only mortgages.

And fees, and charges, and terms,,,,,,and anything else they can think of! They are literally throwing all kinds of **** at the wall at the moment to see if anything sticks!

And as for those who sell Litigation Funding as an "investment" to fund these spurious cases, well don't get me started!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • [Deleted User]
    And, I hope, "were you mis sold by a PPI claims company? Let us claim for you!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And, I hope, "were you mis sold by a PPI claims company? Let us claim for you!"
    Ha Ha
    Maybe they'll want to charge a fee for originally charging a fee? :D
  • Looking for some advice please from folk who have been successful in claiming back missold PPI premiums. When requesting a refund for missold PPI, have people detailed how much they are claiming and does that help or hinder the case? Or does the bank work it out ?assuming they uphold the complaint.

In addition, is there then a case for reclaiming bank charges which would not have occurred had the money been in the account rather than paying PPI premiums (specifically taking about a case where the bank account is held with the same bank as the mortgage PPI policy was taken out with. Would this have to be detailed in the original complaint or would this come after?

Was basically told had more chance of getting the mortgage if bought the PPI and also tick about another 5 boxes on the list of reasons for misselling on the ombudsman site but want to make sure I include an appropriate level of detail at the right point. Any help from someone who’s done similar would be HUGELY appreciated!
  • [Deleted User]
    You don't determine the amount. It's calculated according to a regulated formula.

There's nothing for bank charges - that is a separate area.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    In addition, is there then a case for reclaiming bank charges which would not have occurred had the money been in the account rather than paying PPI premiums (specifically taking about a case where the bank account is held with the same bank as the mortgage PPI policy was taken out with. Would this have to be detailed in the original complaint or would this come after?

Theoretically, yes. However, you dont see it often being used on things like MPPI as the regular premium is typically relatively small and is likely to be less than the amount you are over your OD limit.
  • Hi,

I asked a question a little while ago about making a Plevin only claim because the resolver tool was very convenient to use to complain against financial institutions. While some of the banks etc, I emailed, the resolver tool either created an email with High Commission only as the subject or it was a PPI claim.

I was told that if you make a complaint for Plevin, the bank should investigate the whole of the PPI policy. However, I complained to PSA about a car HP policy (subject was Plevin - High Commission only claim) and they wrote back advising they owed me just under £100 for the high commission. However, I don't believe they have investigated the rest of the PPI policy as I believe they owe me a lot more than that for the misselling.

Should I create another complaint against them specifically mentioning PPI Misselling or should I go back to them and ask if they have investigated the rest of the PPI, or should I forward it to the Ombudsman?

Even though the original complaint was for Plevin (High Commission only), I did detail in the email itself about being missold PPI. Would this be enough for them to have looked at the whole PPI policy properly or can they just say "well you just asked for the high commission part"?

Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure