What charges are there for topping up Revolut standard account with Barclaycard 0% Visa

Options
I just topped up to check with £10 but mybarclycard is showing pending transaction of £10 only.....is this correct? I am hoping I do not get stung with more charges...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You’ll get charged a cash advance for the transfer and daily interest as well until it’s paid off.
  • CuriousGirl
    Options
    Are you sure !!! ? I have topped my Revolut with my Halifax, Post office and Capital One credit cards on a few occasions, never been charged - no fee, no interest.
  • Sad_Dad
    Sad_Dad Posts: 878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So far I've topped up my Revolut card with my Creation, Nationwide and Santander Zero cards and not been charged any fees or interest.

Anyone know any others that are fee free or ones that will charge?
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It will all come down to how your CC provider treats the transaction - if it gets treated as cash transaction then there will be fees, but every lender is different so it may vary between providers. You could contact them to see what they say, or just wait a few days until it clears to see if cash fees are charged on your £10 top up.
  • FIRSTTIMER
    FIRSTTIMER Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    ok thanks. just wanted to know if anyone had experience of barclaycard
  • kevChan
    kevChan Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    hi Sad_Dad, you sure Creation Credit Card doesn't charge?
    I heard others using ASDA credit card (issue by Creation) gets charge, but I haven't tested with my Creation Everyday Credit card yet.

Thanks for informing!
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    FIRSTTIMER wrote: »
    I just topped up to check with £10 but mybarclycard is showing pending transaction of £10 only.....is this correct? I am hoping I do not get stung with more charges...

Try asking Barclaycard.
    Life in the slow lane
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Try asking Barclaycard.

Given that it's been 3 weeks you would hope that's been done already...
  • The_Urbanite
    Options
    Best thing to do is check with the credit card issuer if transactions with merchants under the MCC 6012 attract fees and interest. Some issuers will charge, others won't.
  • Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have used revolut with barclaycard and there were no fees. If i remember well only tesco credit card charged fees.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure