Cat food & Dog food special offers

Gatos
Gatos Posts: 126 Forumite
This is an idea of xe-cute who suggested that it would be a good idea having a dedicated thread for cat food and dog food bargains and special offers.

I am the owner of five cats now and always have to search various websites and stores for buy one get one free offers and sometimes it can be time consuming.

The idea is to post here great bargains, not 50p off from £3.69 to £3.19 but something like Pets at Home had recently where you could buy Science Plan cat dry food 375grams for 99p. That worked out less than £3 per kilo (normall £7.35 per kilo for the 2kg bag or £5.40 per kilo for the 10kg). The reason I did not post it was because I only realised the offer was in store half an hour before closing time on the last day of the offer. And they had plenty left at the time. Pets at home normally offers 3 for 2 for the various brands but every few months offers the even better buy one get one free offer which i opt for.

So lets all try to keep this thread updated and spot the various offers for pet food.
:beer:
Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...:rolleyes:

Carpe diem --> Seize the day :rolleyes2

Comments

• Great thread, Ive got 3 cats & always buy in bulk when I see good special offers. I used to buy Whiskas from Tesco but prices have gone up alot recently.
  • Gatos
    Gatos Posts: 126 Forumite
    funk_punk wrote: »
    Great thread, Ive got 3 cats & always buy in bulk when I see good special offers. I used to buy Whiskas from Tesco but prices have gone up alot recently.

I agree. I used to also buy Whiskas and Felix but my cats fell in love with science plan. Pets at home had an offer for the 2kg dry food bags and i have stocked up for the next 4 months saving me a fortune. I spend a bit more than if i was buying whiskas, but whatever makes my kitties happy makes me happy
    Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...:rolleyes:

Carpe diem --> Seize the day :rolleyes2
  • loobylou2
    loobylou2 Posts: 816 Forumite
    Hope I don"t get shot down in flames for this but I've just got back from doing a shop at Morrisons and they are selling 1kg bags of Iams adult cat food for 4.00. I know its not a huge saving but even so its nearly a pound cheaper than it would be usually. Hope this helps someone.
    loobylou2.Proud to be dealing with my debts and aiming to sort out the mess in 2013!!!!:eek:
  • meinnit
    meinnit Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Felix Adult Pouch As Good As It Looks Favourites Selection Cat Food 48 pack

£15.45 each or 2 for £20 at Pets At Home

http://www.petsathome.com/find/brand-is-felix/product-is-17716

Free delivery over £29

5% cashback at Topcashback
  • kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Not sure whether they are still selling it, but about 5 months ago B&M were selling Iams 3kg bags for £3.99, normally retailing around £13.00 in Supermarkets. I boughts 4 bags!
  • nikkit72
    nikkit72 Posts: 2,458 Forumite
    my local Jolleys pet shop, are doing 3 for 2 on whiskas 12 pack, £7.03 for 36 packs
    Dont forget that little Thanks button , only takes a sec
  • butler_helen
    butler_helen Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 August 2009 at 3:12PM
    kiddy_guy wrote: »
    Not sure whether they are still selling it, but about 5 months ago B&M were selling Iams 3kg bags for £3.99, normally retailing around £13.00 in Supermarkets. I boughts 4 bags!

B&M?... I like the sound of that offer but don't know where you mean!

unless you mean these people... http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • Naillig51
    Naillig51 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Sainsbury have the Felix pouches on offer at the moment - 2 boxes of 12 for £5.
    I bought some and will be stocking up over the next 2 weeks while its on .
    I have 5 cats too !
  • kazaimee
    kazaimee Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Post
    Asda have Whiskas in the boxes of 12 pouches at 2 for £6 (same as Tesco) but in their pet bonanza they have the boxes of 24 for £5!!

I have 2 cats.
  • I have 2 Catrs. That's one more than WHITEANDBLUE

So my cats would win hers in a FIGHT

However I wouldn't sent them up agains NAILLiG as hers would do a pincer attack movement and bite their ears off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure