IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone Solicitors Claim form for parking ticket

Options

Comments

• Mattmay247
    Options
    OK, so a copy of everything and receipts gotcha.
    I called the court this morning asking and they said they've received Gladstones WS on the 2nd of September. They advised me emailing County Court for a copy of Gladstones WS but could take upto 10 days to get a response, which would be several days after my hearing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2019 at 11:25PM
    Options
    Email Gs now (no mentioning what the court said) and tell them as they have failed to serve a WS and evidence to you, then you will be seeking your costs on the indemnity basis at the hearing on xx/xx/19 and trust they received your WS and evidence and costs schedule? Ask for proof they sent theirs, and where did they send it?

If they fail to reply you will take this in the affirmative insofar as service of your own WS & evidence is concerned, because you have proof of emailing it on xx/xx/19.

Then print out that proof (sent email from when you served your WS & evidence to Gs) and print out this latest email to prove to your Judge that the Claimant's solicitors were informed that you had not been served with theirs, and that they did nothing to rectify that abuse of process.

Gather your evidence of wholly unreasonable conduct, as it can get you higher costs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mattmay247
    Options
    I emailed G yesterday and today they sent me proof that they sent it to my email. Very weird that it didn't get delivered but I suppose these things happen...

They also sent me there WS.. Can I post that on here via drop box?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mattmay247 wrote: »
    I emailed G yesterday and today they sent me proof that they sent it to my email. Very weird that it didn't get delivered but I suppose these things happen...
    Not likely. Maybe they forwarded the email to you and changed an error they had originally made in the email addy first time. You'd never be able to tell.

G's WS are always templates and they have been demolished on here before in lots of cases. You can find them an winning court reports, by searching the forum for another one bites the dust Gladstones and reading quite a few of the results, looking back to see how people countered the drivel served up by Gs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mattmay247
    Options
    Thank you, CM.

So my court date is tomorrow. Nerves are starting to creep up but feel I'm prepared. Thank you to all those that helped me on this endeavour, probably quite frustrating dealing with such a rookie at times, haha.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mattmay247 wrote: »
    So my court date is tomorrow. Nerves are starting to creep up...
    Perfectly understandable.

Have a look at this short video:
  • Mattmay247
    Options
    Oh, KeithP, oh KeithP.

If there was ever a moment to 'love' a post, it would certainly be now.

Thank you, for the video. :)

I'll write a follow up tomorrow after it's all over.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Such enthusiasm... I had to check that I linked to the right video. :D
  • Mattmay247
    Mattmay247 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2019 at 3:42PM
    Options
    OK. So I had my hearing today at 10:00 and here's a detailed discription of what happened:

I arrived at Royal Court of justice 40 minutes before my hearing time. If anyone that reads this that's got a hearing at this court I would Strongly advise getting here 45-60 minutes before the time. The building absolutely massive with multiple building all filled with court rooms. The Queue just to get inside was down the street, alongside being a court, its also a tourist attraction. Royal Courts of Justice With approximately 1000 rooms, 35 long corridors and 19 court rooms, the Royal Courts of Justice are known to be one of the largest courts in Europe. (The Great Central Hall alone is about 238 feet long, 48 feet wide and 80 feet high!). So yeah, basically make time for the queues and having to navigate to the correct building / room in order to get there in time.

As I checked in finally with the usher albeit 2 times got lost. I sat down just before 10am. Nerves was high. Waiting for the Claimant to arrive. This was the worst part for me.. Looking at everyone coming in hoping that they wouldn't show up. It was extremely busy. Crowded corridors and hallways. It got to 10:30 and still no sign of them, I asked the Usher if they had arrived or received any notice from them. Which she said no. The wait seemed like it lasted forever, honestly.

11:05 I got a text message from GOV saying to go to a different building for my hearing. Once I arrived there was 3 other people waiting aswell. the usher had informed us that because all of our claimants hadn't arrived that she would see us first.
    At this point I was fairly confident that they wasn't going to attend. I was expecting to go into a little office for my hearing, but because Luton County Court had rented the rooms ( as they was too busy). I had to enter a full scall Judge Rinder type court room, but was empty. With just me, The judge and the usher in I !!!! myself ( not literally). On first glance the judge looked annoyed., almost angry as I entered. As I sat down she said 'what a surprise, HX and gladstones not to show yet again'. She then asked me about my day in Southend, 'did you have a nice day? ', 'was it busy?'-' was it hot?' the Judge had said it with humour in her voice- I replied yes madam.

She then said as the Claimant hadn't bothered to show up or even let the court know, so the claim would be struck out in its entirity. I can assure you she was reaaaaaallyyy annoyed at them. The judge said she had 100s of these type of cases every month from them. She then went to compliment my defence and witness statement asking if I done it myself. Which I replied I had a lot of help from an online forum. The judge then chuckled and said " Ah, yes. It's nice there's some good people out there". And I agreed.

The judge said she believes the grace period starts at the time at when you're parked. Not when you first enter, and that the 10 minute grace period is a minimum as everyone is different. She said something briefly about abuse of process and had mentioned something like sar or sra?? tbh I can't really remember what she had said specifically as my adrenaline was pumping.

She then moved onto my costs. She said she will award me £95 for the day of work. She asked me how I got to the court, I replied train from Luton to Blackfriars station was £29.50, and said I can show you my train ticket for proof. The judge laughed &said she believes me and asked how I got to the train station,. Taxi, your honour. Which was £6. She could also award that. At this point she was smiling at me and tbh I didn't know !!!!!! was going on lol. A further more £20 for printing postage. Then she asked if there was anything more I would like to claim... At this point as you could imagine my mouth was pretty much on the floor. I just was looking at her dumb-struck for a second. I said not that I can think of???? She sat there smiling. Couldn't really think of anything else to claim but was extremely happy with what she had already awarded me.. She said it had been a pleasure meeting me and that the Claimant would be ordered to pay me my costs within 14 days & I left the court room.

In all I was probably in the court room for maybe 5 minutes. The judge definitely had a strong opinion of HX and gladstones. I kinda wish they had turned up so that she could of ripped them a new one.. Hehe.
    A big shout out to everyone on this forum, thankyou for helping people fight against these blood sucking parasitic supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies . 🍻 to no benefit to their own.

Now I'm off to have a nice cold pint, at the expense of HX and Gladstones. ����
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure