EXPIRED Sainsburys wine 25% off from 19th oct.

1181920212224»

Comments

• I have only paid £7 per bottle.

My order total came to £72 and they only applied the 25% discount making it £54.

I had entered the £12 off voucher code but they didn't apply it at the depot– or the delivery charge.

I called customer services and they have refunded £12 back onto my card and waived the delivery cost.

In total I have paid £42 for 6 bottles, including delivery - I'm very happy. It even tastes really nice.

A few people are getting up in arms as they were unclear that the order had to be delivered by 28th - it was on the website and Martin's news letter made it very clear also, so it isn't a case of the company 'conning' customers.
    :j
  • I was having our 25th Wedding Anniversary party Saturday night and thought the offer was a great one to Toast our friends with, The order was had an accepted £12.00 a bottle plus £10 off as a first customer. We booked a evening delivery as it was the cheapest and at 5.30 it was delivered we thought the only problem might be they would forget to take the 25%off for the 6 bottles how wrong could we be ! They did not have the champagne we wanted and wanted to charge us an extra £100 more than the one we ordered for an alterntive. :mad: We refused delivery but that left use with out the toast champange, called customer services and explain our problem, they called the local Sainsbury's and they could not do anything to help :mad:. It was my first and last time of using Sainsbury's and the only thing i can say they sure do make your pary one to rembember .....tHank you for that Sainsbury's !!:(
  • gordon2254 wrote: »
    I have only paid £7 per bottle.

My order total came to £72 and they only applied the 25% discount making it £54.

I had entered the £12 off voucher code but they didn't apply it at the depot– or the delivery charge.
    I called customer services and they have refunded £12 back onto my card and waived the delivery cost.

In total I have paid £42 for 6 bottles, including delivery - I'm very happy. It even tastes really nice.

A few people are getting up in arms as they were unclear that the order had to be delivered by 28th - it was on the website and Martin's news letter made it very clear also, so it isn't a case of the company 'conning' customers.
    :j
    Glad someone had a good exprience, they seem far and few between ;)
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I had a email back from Sainsburys , I sent a complaint in and they sent the same reply to me as my friend got. They are now sending a £10 gift card after i called to complain. This most be costing Sainsburys lots!
    Jan Wins: .
  • Dave-o
    Dave-o Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got the same thing - ordered last week, Champys arrived this week with only 5% off. Still a good deal but not the deal I [thought] had been agreed. First customer service person said "really sorry, nothing we can do, you can speak with a manager but they'll just tell you the same". Spoke with manager who then looked at my account, probably saw that I shop regularly at Sainsburys and agreed to provide an e-voucher for the difference. Given that they hadn't responded to my email from Tuesday, this is a good result but Sainsburys customer service could have done better and should have expressly and clearly stated that the offer applies to date of delivery not to date order is placed.
  • pullenuk
    pullenuk Posts: 305 Forumite
    Dave-o wrote: »
    Got the same thing - ordered last week, Champys arrived this week with only 5% off. Still a good deal but not the deal I [thought] had been agreed. First customer service person said "really sorry, nothing we can do, you can speak with a manager but they'll just tell you the same". Spoke with manager who then looked at my account, probably saw that I shop regularly at Sainsburys and agreed to provide an e-voucher for the difference. Given that they hadn't responded to my email from Tuesday, this is a good result but Sainsburys customer service could have done better and should have expressly and clearly stated that the offer applies to date of delivery not to date order is placed.

Sorry. You are wrong.

It says very clearly on the main page and when you go onto the alcohol pages that "for delivery by 28th". You also agree the terms and conditions every time you confirm your order that you agree the price and offers shown are done on the day of the delivery, if it expired between ordering and delivery, you pay full price.

Dont get in an agurement with me. Even Martin said the date offer finished. I shop online myself, ALL offers tell you their expiry date. Its simply people not paying attention and try it on.

So your refund which cost the company, they will get it back off you anyway, every supermarket cover these costs in their prices. All you done is kept the prices up for yourself and everyone else.
  • ap156
    ap156 Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2012 at 10:04PM
    Like the previous poster said, offer was very clear on the Sainsburys site and also Martin stated you had to have delivery by a certain date.

Like many others I ordered this too, delivery arrived slightly early on the Saturday, only ordered 3 items, one missing and they substituted the champers with sparkling wine, delivery refused, yet to have refund applied to the account but in the mean time a stern e-mail will be winging its way to Sainsburys customer service.

First time I used Sainsbury's delivery / online, not impressed, driver very astute and told me what to do though!
  • Order arrived on 30th October without champayne ... apparently out of stock - why take order and payment if none left
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Order arrived on 30th October without champayne ... apparently out of stock - why take order and payment if none left

If there's no champagne in your order they won't have charged for it. Charge is applied only when the order is picked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure