When ebay offer £1 final seller fees

I've got a question about this and want to know before I put the time and effort into it.

Ebay offers £1 sellers final fee and I want to know if I have a few items to put on ebay can I save them on draft and then ebay offers the promotion I can place the item live?

If put an item say 'buy it now' at £XXX and it ends up being sold 30 days later, will the final fee still apply?

Thanks

Comments

• moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The £1 fvf only applies when the item is listed AFTER the offer is accepted. It will then last for 30 days.

When I get an offer I very often end my current listing and list it again under the £1 offer. (Don't "relist", do "sell similar")

Can't help on listing from a draft.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes I often list from a draft.

Accept the offer and then post your listing.

Check the t&cs first to make sure you have the correct requirements i.e. minimum listing time usually excludes 1 day listings for example.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The other way to do it is to complete the listing and schedule the start time for the future. Then when you get a £1 FVF offer , accept the offer and list the item, or reschedule to list it within the offer period.

If you don't get an offer, then just keep moving the scheduled date further and further into the future.

As usual though always read all of the terms and conditions of any offer. They occasionally change them and add extra requirements in, or limit it to certain categories.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2019 at 9:03AM
    If put an item say 'buy it now' at £XXX and it ends up being sold 30 days later, will the final fee still apply?
    The £1 fvf lasts for the initial listing period. If listed for 30 days and sells within the 30 days the £1 fvf will apply. If it ends and is relisted or automatically relisted full fvf will be charged.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I save new listings as drafts with photos and prices all set up. Then once I have accepted the offer (it's normally a Sunday morning), I blast through them all and list them.

As another poster has said, if I have other live listings, I end them and put them back on.
  • thanks for suggestion everyone, there is a 1FVF on offer so need to get listening but anything i have in the future I'll list it as a draft.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    The other way to do it is to complete the listing and schedule the start time for the future. Then when you get a £1 FVF offer , accept the offer and list the item, or reschedule to list it within the offer period.

If you don't get an offer, then just keep moving the scheduled date further and further into the future.

As usual though always read all of the terms and conditions of any offer. They occasionally change them and add extra requirements in, or limit it to certain categories.

I thought you had to pay to place an advert in the future if you are a non-business seller or have they changed the rules?

I looked (admittedly a few years ago) to do this but found it cost to list this way. Happy to be corrected if my assumption is wrong.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    TripleH wrote: »
    I thought you had to pay to place an advert in the future if you are a non-business seller or have they changed the rules?

I looked (admittedly a few years ago) to do this but found it cost to list this way. Happy to be corrected if my assumption is wrong.

As far as I am aware there is no charge for doing this.

Personally I cannot see the advantage of doing it that way.

Easier to just have a draft ready to list when the offer starts.
  • soolin
    TripleH wrote: »

It's actually the other way round , business sellers on basic shops (or without a shop) pay if a scheduled listing goes live. Private sellers do not pay to schedule at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    As far as I am aware there is no charge for doing this.

Personally I cannot see the advantage of doing it that way.

Easier to just have a draft ready to list when the offer starts.

Sellers are limited with the number of drafts though, but can schedule as many as they like. As long as you remember to keep rescheduling into the future the scheduled listings just sit there, totally complete until you need them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure