Economy Seven Energy reviews: Give your feedback

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Economy Seven Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This supplier uses the same licence as OutfoxTheMarket & Fischer Energy (& perhaps others)

i.e. Foxglove Energy Supply Limited
  • pmccann
    pmccann Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2018 at 1:22PM
    Economy Seven Energy came up as the cheapest non-fixed term tariff for me using the Cheap Energy Club tool.

However, it has not been possible to even get a quote or contact them. Therefore I will not be taking my application any further as this indicates a terrible level of service.

Their website looks like it was designed by a 6 year old. In order to get a quote you have to enter your postcode and select your address. My address wasn't listed (though others with the same postcode were). I clicked the link to "contact us". That brought up a web chat link which doesn't work.

I called the number provided. It rang for approx 60 seconds then cut me off.

I'll find another supplier!
  • Mebyon
    Mebyon Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2018 at 12:20AM
    Signed up for Economy Seven Energy through the MSE Cheap Energy Club but the initial correspondence is making me reconsider.

Linking from MSE Cheap Energy Club to the Economy Seven Energy website takes you to economyseven.co.uk. (MSE won't let me post links as a new user.)

The email welcome pack from Economy Seven Energy gives a website address of economysevenenergy.co.uk which has no information on it.

The email DD confirmation letter is in the name of Fischer Energy and has no mention of Economy Seven Energy.

I can find no reference to Fischer Energy on the Economy Seven Energy website or in the welcome pack.

Companies House have no record of a company called Economy Seven Energy. There is a company called Fischer Energy PLC registered as Company No 10281446 with a Nature of Business code (SIC) of 99999 - Dormant Company. The first accounts for the period to 22 June 2017 are due to be filed by 22 March 2018 (date today is 17/03/2018).

Will now be exercising my 14 day cancellation rights.
  • Thanks very much guys, I also got the best quote for this company but I am out now, not going to sign up.
  • w0z
    w0z Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2018 at 10:32PM
    Please see here, apologies for any duplication of info, I made the below post a while ago:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789524

Economy Seven's tariff is variable and their "nearest" competitor has just announced a price rise at 31st March. (Some you win, some you lose)
    I would be very surprised if they don't follow suit shortly.
    If not they would be very competitive.
    I agree with the comments about the website.
  • I have tried twice today to switch to this supplier. With the first attempt, there were no instructions about what information was needed in several boxes. By randomly entering different words I eventually worked out what was needed: the web-chat facility was most unhelpful.
    At the second attempt, I got as far as the fields requiring bank details for a direct debit - again, a number of boxes with no instructions. I have printed off a direct debit, but there is no reference or other identifier to link to the quote I've got.
    I also agree with other posts that the web-site is really unwieldy, there seems to be no way of speaking to someone (their reasoning is keeping costs down: absolutely admirable but means they are losing customers....).
    So, reluctantly, I am not pursuing this any further. I only wish they could see this feedback!
    MSE - please exercise your influence and see if you can give them a push in the right direction?!
  • Mebyon
    In addition to the Economy Seven Energy Direct Debit email letter saying that the DD will be in the name of Fischer Energy the Economy Seven Energy website terms and conditions state:
    'I want to switch to Outfox The Market, how do I do it?'

I asked Economy Seven Energy what relationship they had with Outfox the Market and if they were a trading name for Fischer Energy.

I have received the following reply today 26th March:
    'It is indeed a trading name for fischer energy. Out fox the market runs alongside us at economy seven in the same relationship with Fischer energy. Hopefully this gives you some clarity.'

Picking up on the plea above from Yoga Dee perhaps MSE will make clear the links between Fischer Energy, Outfox the Energy and Economy Seven Energy and pressure them to make their respective websites and correspondence display the information about the company required by legislation as set out in:
    gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material
  • bellasis
    bellasis Posts: 19 Forumite
    We joined Eco7 energy in January giving our then bank details for collection of regular Direct Debit payments. During the 14 day cooling off period we changed banks and gave Energy7 the new details which they confirmed and shows on our account details online. However, they have not taken a payment from our bank and although I have constantly been advised that the matter would be corrected and payments collection started, once again this month nothing taken from our bank.

In frustration I requested a change of supplier in the hope of receiving an up to date bill but the new supplier notified us that Eco7 had blocked the change, Now in a position of not being able to pay for our fuel and not being allowed to change supplier. Eco7 is one to avoid .:mad::mad::mad:
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hopefully you are saving the money that you would have been paying by DD for the day when a bill does finally appear.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Mebyon
    Eco 7 Energy has the worst energy billing system that I have ever had the misfortune to come across.
    Eco 7 Energy continued to take DDs and produce monthly bills after agreeing reads and supply transfer date with my new supplier. When I contacted them (took my eye off the ball) there was no proper final bill produced showing final meter reads and charges or how they had calculated the refund due.
    I had to calculate the charges to confirm that the refund was almost correct to a few pence in my favour.
    Only positive was they did respond quickly to emails.
    Do the regulators ever check that billing systems meet minimum standards before licencing new suppliers?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback