Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ash Pole
    • By Ash Pole 18th Oct 19, 7:44 PM
    • 159Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Ash Pole
    Microwave Convection Oven Doesn't Seem too Hot?
    • 18th Oct 19, 7:44 PM
    Microwave Convection Oven Doesn't Seem too Hot? 18th Oct 19 at 7:44 PM
    De'Longhi 900W Combination Microwave D90D

Bought this in August. Seemed good to start with but I thought the convection oven seemed to be taking longer to cook things. Not too sure if I was just being paranoid though.

So I bought an oven thermometer and it's reading 170C when the oven's set to 200C.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this? It will still be under guarantee but if there's something simple I can fix myself all the better.
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 18th Oct 19, 8:39 PM
    • 2,533 Posts
    • 3,003 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:39 PM
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:39 PM
    If it's under guarantee use that as it will probably be invalid if you try and fix it yourself.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 18th Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    • 13,711 Posts
    • 10,240 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    • 18th Oct 19, 8:40 PM
    De'Longhi 900W Combination Microwave D90D

Bought this in August. Seemed good to start with but I thought the convection oven seemed to be taking longer to cook things. Not too sure if I was just being paranoid though.

So I bought an oven thermometer and it's reading 170C when the oven's set to 200C.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this? It will still be under guarantee but if there's something simple I can fix myself all the better.
    Originally posted by Ash Pole
    Try testing your thermometer in a different source (ie, a conventional oven) to see how accurate it is.
    • datostar
    • By datostar 28th Oct 19, 7:10 PM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    datostar
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:10 PM
    • 28th Oct 19, 7:10 PM
    Does it have top and bottom grill elements? We have a Sharp 900w Combination Microwave Oven. The 'convection' oven setting uses both grill elements to initially bring it up to temperature then just the bottom element when cooking, with a fan running as well. I've never trusted the temperature settings on it because cooking always takes longer than in our conventional electric cooker oven, albeit using less electricity. If it's set to recommended 'fan oven' temperatures as in recipes etc. it's even worse so we ignore them and use the higher normal oven settings and expect it to take longer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

633Posts Today

7,387Users online

Martin's Twitter