Water leaking down outside walls

Options
Not sure what's causing this but would like to get fixed asap, who should I call out for this? Or is it fixable by using some sealant but not sure where its leaking from

Pic:
https://i.imgur.com/KPZLmgj.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• JimmyChanga
    Options
    Small section of flat roof over the bay window should have guttering. Otherwise it's just going to come off the sides like that.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Small section of flat roof over the bay window should have guttering. Otherwise it's just going to come off the sides like that.

Its just one side, not a single mark on the other side.
  • JimmyChanga
    Options
    Its just one side, not a single mark on the other side.

Because the surface is unlikely to be perfectly level. So water is going to go pool to the lowest part.

When it's raining, pop out and have a look.
  • Futuristic
    Options
    Because the surface is unlikely to be perfectly level. So water is going to go pool to the lowest part.

When it's raining, pop out and have a look.

Thanks will do, I don't really want another pipe coming all the way down. Is it possible to have the bay guttering (if needed) routed to that pipe around the corner to the left?
    https://i.imgur.com/eNlb15X.jpg

I guess this should be pretty cheap fix to have someone do?
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    How long have you lived there for? If it’s never happened before it might not happen again. It’s been phenomenally wet and a proper deluge with the wind in just the right direction can do freakish things.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The bay certainly needs guttering. You can get some small profiles that won't look too out of place (thinking, some rectangular mini guttering in white). A downpipe will still be needed. Routing round the corner to hook up with existing one will look silly in my opinion.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It's possible that the roof has dropped slightly at that corner if the gutter is on another aspect. Whatever the cause it does need to be sorted.
  • Futuristic
    Options
    Thanks for the help, so I had one quote and they want £340 to gutter that top bay window, like you guys he said there's no other way as that roofing above window is rock solid and doesn't bend so he couldn't' even try move water out of the way of the windows.

Also didn't realise neighbours next door have same issue, we might talk to them and see if we can get developers to fix this
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    Also didn't realise neighbours next door have same issue, we might talk to them and see if we can get developers to fix this

Are you saying it's a new house? In which case, yes get the developer to put it right.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Futuristic
    edited 2 October 2019 at 3:07PM
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Are you saying it's a new house? In which case, yes get the developer to put it right.

Sorry I should have mentioned, I already contacted them and they refused as its been over 2 years period they cover (2.5 yrs to be precise) so they just don't care anymore. However if its a structural defect (is it?) then maybe I can seek action to recoup my costs.

I will also see if the 10yr premier guarantee covers this, but I assume its not as its not major structural damage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure