Pearce and Duffs Blancmange

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
First Post I've been Money Tipped!
I discovered by accident that one of my grandsons likes their chocolate one (he was at my house in the week and tried it from the fridge) I looked in My Supermarket site and it seems as only Sainsburys seemed to stock it .This morning after dropping another grandson to work I nipped in to the local one and low and behold they were doing packets with 4 flavours to a box for 60p. So I bought 5 boxes in case its being discontinued . I seem to remember last Christmas Mr T's were stocking the chocolate flavour only, wich I had bought a few boxes for him :). I have just made a bowl for him for tomorrows pudding and its chilling nicely in the fridge.At 60p for a box of four its 15p a packet and add a pint of milk (I use UHT or evaporated ) it makes a decent sized cold pudding for hot days that won't break the bank

Comments

• in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I love to make old fashioned milk based puddings. You are right though it is increasingly difficult to find them but Sainsbury's do seem to stock more than most.
    I keep looking for flaked rice
    I wrote to Whitworths and the answer was 'there is no demand'

*I also miss Instant Whip, Angel Delight is just not the same
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I remember liking the raspberries flavour as a child.
    I keep looking for flaked rice
    Try an Indian supermarket? Or Amazon.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • lucyhope
    lucyhope Posts: 496 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    The strawberry flavour is a must in our trifles
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    in pound stretcher this morning i noticed pearce and duff sachets of chocolate for 29p...no other flavour x
    onwards and upwards
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    lucyhope wrote: »
    The strawberry flavour is a must in our trifles

That's just wrong!
  • I discovered by accident that one of my grandsons likes their chocolate one (he was at my house in the week and tried it from the fridge) I looked in My Supermarket site and it seems as only Sainsburys seemed to stock it .This morning after dropping another grandson to work I nipped in to the local one and low and behold they were doing packets with 4 flavours to a box for 60p. So I bought 5 boxes in case its being discontinued . I seem to remember last Christmas Mr T's were stocking the chocolate flavour only, which I had bought a few boxes for him :). I have just made a bowl for him for tomorrows pudding and its chilling nicely in the fridge.At 60p for a box of four its 15p a packet and add a pint of milk (I use UHT or evaporated ) it makes a decent sized cold pudding for hot days that won't break the bank
    I've searched (almost) everywhere for this and can't find it.
    I tried Sainsburys (that used to stock it) and now get the answer "Blancmange ! What's that ?". After explaining they check their little ipad type thing and say it's not available. :(
    It looks like Pearce & Duff became part of Kerry Group (ROI) in 1995 but I can't find any reference to them on the Kerry website.
    I've asked them what's happened but I've not had a reply yet.
    Dose anyone know of any High street retailer that still stocks this ?
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2021 at 7:11PM
    MarkDerry said:
    I discovered by accident that one of my grandsons likes their chocolate one (he was at my house in the week and tried it from the fridge) I looked in My Supermarket site and it seems as only Sainsburys seemed to stock it .This morning after dropping another grandson to work I nipped in to the local one and low and behold they were doing packets with 4 flavours to a box for 60p. So I bought 5 boxes in case its being discontinued . I seem to remember last Christmas Mr T's were stocking the chocolate flavour only, which I had bought a few boxes for him :). I have just made a bowl for him for tomorrows pudding and its chilling nicely in the fridge.At 60p for a box of four its 15p a packet and add a pint of milk (I use UHT or evaporated ) it makes a decent sized cold pudding for hot days that won't break the bank
    I've searched (almost) everywhere for this and can't find it.
    I tried Sainsburys (that used to stock it) and now get the answer "Blancmange ! What's that ?". After explaining they check their little ipad type thing and say it's not available. :(
    It looks like Pearce & Duff became part of Kerry Group (ROI) in 1995 but I can't find any reference to them on the Kerry website.
    I've asked them what's happened but I've not had a reply yet.
    Dose anyone know of any High street retailer that still stocks this ?
    @MarkDerry
    Available on Amazon - search "blancmange powder" and you'll get Pearce Duff's is available. 
    So it's available even if not on the high street.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback