Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 January 2017 at 3:09PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    Malc

Some clarification please. Your Price Protection Window satisfies 2 Standard Licence Conditions: the 49 to 42 days before the end of a fixed term contract, and the 20 days is the time minus 1 day to complete a switch after the cooling off period. Most suppliers make it clear that the gaining supplier has to notify them of a pending transfer before the end of the fixed term contract to avoid a switch to the supplier's SVR.

Are you saying, for example, that if I applied to switch to Iresa 3 days after the end of my E.oN fixed term contract, and Iresa did nothing for 14 days ( which is their way) but they notified you on the 19th day after the end of a fixed term contract of a pending transfer that E.oN would price protect until the switch goes through or are you only price protecting until the 20th day?

Afternoon Hengus and, yes, price protection applies up to the final loss date.

As you say, the Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff end date until 20 working days after. Provided the new supplier contacts us during this period to request the account, we'll make sure prices are protected and any exit fees waived up until the supply end date. In your scenario, if the account is requested on the 19th day after the tariff end date, prices will be protected until the switch goes through.

Should the new supplier fail to request the account whilst the window is open, our standard prices will apply from the tariff end date.

Hope this answers your question Hengus. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Raxiel wrote: »
    New tariff out today, 'Eon Saver Fixed 1 year v4' Same standing charge and marginally lower unit rates for electricity and gas to V21, still no rewards. Direct debit only (so £70 off the top EDIT: No saving if you already pay by monthly DD).

Works out about 1% cheaper than V21 but includes a £30 per fuel exit fee.
    Don't really see the point of it to be honest.

I spoke to someone on the phone* and the lady said they'd been told it was 'one of the best tariffs on the market' which is a bit overenthusiastic. It's not even the best among the big 6 (even if it is lower half).

*I calculated the £75 reward tariff discussed elsewhere on this board would effectively be £3 a month more expensive than switching, which would have been enough to make me stay, but they can't bend the rules if I wasn't one of the chosen few so my transfer continues uninterrupted.

Hello Raxiel and I'm sorry the advisor you spoke to was somewhat over the top in her comments. As you've done, always best to pop usage in kWh into the independent Price Comparison sites for a better assessment of how this new tariff stacks up.

Also sorry you don't qualify for the Reward tariffs I've been talking about elsewhere on this Forum.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    icharus wrote: »
    When I saw your post and mention of a new tariff, I hoped this was what all the EON exiters had been waiting for, but unfortunately not so. This new tariff is still £290 more expensive than the current V19 for me. I haven't been offered it but even with the £100 reward it doesn't come close to the Iresa tariff, so 13 days and counting to change of supplier!

Hello icharus and welcome to the Forums.

Totally understand you're switching away but just a quick note for clarity. This new tariff is available to both existing and potentially new customers. We won't be emailing specific groups, as with some recent products, but have made the tariff generally available through our website and over the phone too. Although, if you've signed up for Price Alerts, you'll more than likely receive an email to let you know about it unless you've switched by the time they go out.

Also, Rewards and Price Alerts aren't available with the new tariff.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hello Raxiel and I'm sorry the advisor you spoke to was somewhat over the top in her comments. As you've done, always best to pop usage in kWh into the independent Price Comparison sites for a better assessment of how this new tariff stacks up.

Also sorry you don't qualify for the Reward tariffs I've been talking about elsewhere on this Forum.

Malc

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining about her conduct, she just stated what she'd been told.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    I wondered if there would be a new tariff today, as the website was closed for maintenance, early this morning.

The E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v4 will save me 18p a month opposed to the E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v21 tariff.

A saving of £2.06 per annum between the two tariffs.

I don't understand the logic of having two almost identical tariffs? Slightly different worded tariff descriptions, (marketing) which means absolutely nothing, as the only overall difference is, one has exit fees, the other doesn't, neither have rewards, plus one tariff saves me £2.06 per annum.

To me, it's just a would be (failed,) clever marketing attempt, (and E.on now has 3 tariffs.) :rotfl:

PS - Busy day at the office again, Malc? :D

Hello fredandwilma and, yes, another busy day but that's the way I like it.

You're right, too, about the reason the website was unavailable this morning. Our digital team were uploading prices and details ready for the new tariff.

The two fixed tariffs now on sale (version 21 and the new Saver version 4) are a little different. The new Saver tariff is only available to customers who pay with a Monthly Direct Debit and have opted for paperless billing. Whereas, version 21 can be taken by customers who pay other ways and prefer paper bills.

As you say, another difference is the Saver tariff has exit fees (£30 per fuel) for changing supplier before the renewal period but version 21 doesn't. No Rewards or Price Alerts on either tariff though.

Hope this explains fredandwilma.

Malc
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining about her conduct, she just stated what she'd been told.

That's fine Raxiel, I understand. We all had briefings about the new tariff this morning and I'm sure some were more instructive than others if you know what I mean.

Malc
  • I received a letter from e.on today advising that rewards will be ending on 31st March. This is disappointing as these rewards allowed me to top up my clubcard points every year which I then used for Avios points.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Afternoon Hengus and, yes, price protection applies up to the final loss date.

As you say, the Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff end date until 20 working days after. Provided the new supplier contacts us during this period to request the account, we'll make sure prices are protected and any exit fees waived up until the supply end date. In your scenario, if the account is requested on the 19th day after the tariff end date, prices will be protected until the switch goes through.

Should the new supplier fail to request the account whilst the window is open, our standard prices will apply from the tariff end date.

Hope this answers your question Hengus. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc

Thanks Malc. Given my scenario, the fixed term contract will have ended; E.oN will not have been informed of a switch by the end of contract date so the customer will have been moved on to your SVR. Are you saying that this change of tariff will be reversed if a 'switch in progress' notification is received by the 20th day? I ask because E.oN seems to have a different view on the receipt of a switching notification than some other suppliers.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 January 2017 at 7:12PM

Also, Rewards and Price Alerts aren't available with the new tariff.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

Looks like Rewards will no longer be available with any tariff?

Disappointing, rather than interesting.

I received a letter from e.on today advising that rewards will be ending on 31st March. This is disappointing as these rewards allowed me to top up my clubcard points every year which I then used for Avios points.

On their website, too.

Our Rewards scheme is coming to an end on 31 March 2017

You'll still be able to redeem the points you've earned

We'll write to all our customers who are getting Rewards to let them know what happens next

Changes to E.ON Rewards

We may make changes to or withdraw E.ON Rewards at any time by giving you 30 days’ notice.

The points i would accumulate for the remaining term of my tariff equates roughly to £25 when redeemed. I know it's "only" £25, but it was still a bonus.

Not alerting customers to cheaper tariffs, either.

If E.on is making all these cutbacks / changes, it makes you think?

Why?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    edited 17 January 2017 at 1:16PM
    I received a letter from e.on today advising that rewards will be ending on 31st March. This is disappointing as these rewards allowed me to top up my clubcard points every year which I then used for Avios points.

Morning edinburghlad and you're right. We're withdrawing our Rewards scheme from 31 March 17. Customers won't be able to opt in from 1 April 17. Thought it might help to add a bit of information about what will happen.

Customers on our standard Energy Plan tariff will keep earning Reward points up to 31 March 17. They'll need to exchange them for either Tesco Clubcard points or High Street Shopping Vouchers by 30 June 17.

It's a bit different for customers on eligible Fixed Tariffs. Here, all the Reward points they would've built up during their fixed period will be given up-front. These customers have 2 years to exchange their points. They have longer as this was agreed in the terms and conditions of their tariff. We're writing to these customers at the moment to let them know.

We've also lowered the amount of points customers need to exchange for shopping vouchers. Previously, 500 points were needed to earn a £5 voucher. Now, customers can exchange for a £1 voucher when they reach 100 points.

Hope this puts some flesh on the bones. Let me know if any more information is needed as happy to help.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback