Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 12th Nov 12, 9:14 PM
    • 340Posts
    • 439Thanks
    miketaff1408
    Amex Foursquare promotion
    • 12th Nov 12, 9:14 PM
    Amex Foursquare promotion 12th Nov 12 at 9:14 PM
    Amex seem to have brought out more deals for cardholders checking into stores with foursquare. Currently on are:

10 off a 10 spend in GAP

25 off a 25 spend in Harvey Nics

5 off a 20 spend in Argos.

My question is thus:

I originally used this back in the early summer when they had offers in Primark, Nandos, Tescos etc. Back then I was using an MBNA Amex. I now have a platinum cashback Amex. Can you Sync more than one card to the same foursquare account? When I try to add the card details to foursquare it just says "good news, account already synced". I am presuming this means the account is already synced to the MBNA card. So is there a way of adding the other cards? (Mrs Miketaff also has a card and so could add that card as well.) Or would I have to create three more foursquare accounts!!!!

(so that each of my 2 amex cards and the wife's will be synced.)

Going to London in a few weeks time so 4 x 25 in Harvey Nic's - thank you VERY much Amex!!!!
Page 3
    • SCO
    • By SCO 25th Nov 12, 2:35 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    SCO
    what is foursquare like to use?

Never heard of it before, is it just another spying device for large companies.
    • Altarf
    • By Altarf 25th Nov 12, 4:35 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 1,700 Thanks
    Altarf
    what is foursquare like to use?
    Originally posted by SCO
    Dreadful

Never heard of it before, is it just another spying device for large companies.
    Originally posted by SCO
    Depends how you use it, and the information that you give it.
    • tyroleandancer
    • By tyroleandancer 25th Nov 12, 5:21 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 29,834 Thanks
    tyroleandancer
    Could somebody help please?
    Is there anywhere I can check what card I have synched please or do I need to ring Amex?
    We have 2 BA cards(same account) different numbers. Are you saying as long as we have our own Foursqaure accounts we can both take advantage of the 10 back for 50 Tesco spend?
    Lastly is Tesco a one off or can I do this offer several times?
    Thank you
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 25th Nov 12, 5:48 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    Is there anywhere I can check what card I have synched please or do I need to ring Amex?
    We have 2 BA cards(same account) different numbers. Are you saying as long as we have our own Foursqaure accounts we can both take advantage of the 10 back for 50 Tesco spend?
    Thank you
    Originally posted by tyroleandancer
    Tesco offer is a one off offer per card. So if you have two different numbered cards, you will be able to do it twice.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 25th Nov 12, 6:37 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    Thank you
    Originally posted by tyroleandancer
    You can check by trying to register or synch it again. Quicker than calling and it will give you a message saying already registered
    • tyroleandancer
    • By tyroleandancer 25th Nov 12, 7:01 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 29,834 Thanks
    tyroleandancer
    Thanks both. Nice easy 20
    • michaels
    • By michaels 25th Nov 12, 10:42 PM
    • 22,901 Posts
    • 104,732 Thanks
    michaels
    I think I did the tesco offer right (my first ever foursquare/amex) but didn't get an email confirming it worked - how can I tell?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 25th Nov 12, 11:17 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    I think I did the tesco offer right (my first ever foursquare/amex) but didn't get an email confirming it worked - how can I tell?
    Originally posted by michaels
    You don't get an email. For three lots of GAP x 10 and for a Tesco I got a message on the foursquare app thanking me. However, for two lots of 5 at Argos, there was no message on the app, but I still got the cashback a few days later
    • sfax
    • By sfax 26th Nov 12, 7:39 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    Found a NEW foursquare promotion, handy for XMAS!!!!!

Spend 50 in TESCO and get 10 credit.

You could combine this with the current spend 20 get 5 voucher off your next shop that is running at Tesco's at the moment. However this offer does end today. (the 5 offer that is)
    Originally posted by miketaff1408
    Do you have to check in for this to work? Tesco doesn't even appear on my foursquare app despite being the largest Tesco in probably a 30 mile radius!
    • Sue S
    • By Sue S 26th Nov 12, 9:41 AM
    • 275 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    Sue S
    Do you have to check in for this to work? Tesco doesn't even appear on my foursquare app despite being the largest Tesco in probably a 30 mile radius!
    Originally posted by sfax
    Foursquare doesn't work very well, sometimes the Specials show up but often they don't. Usually if you search for Tesco it will find it and display the deal. Yes, you have to check in.
  • boddene
    Amex foursquare promotions
    Has the Gap offer finished i can't seem to find it ? i have a local Gap In uxbridge but this doesn't show the special offer ?

I registered for the VIP london shopping weekend 25 credit last week and spent 70 pounds in BHS i also received a ''thanks for shopping small email'' your 5 credit will be with you shortly ??

no other email from Amex as yet ??

Will be visiting Harvey Nicks tonight ! to stock up on some stocking fillers ! Thanks Amex!
  • boddene
    make sure you load the deal to card also !
    Foursquare doesn't work very well, sometimes the Specials show up but often they don't. Usually if you search for Tesco it will find it and display the deal. Yes, you have to check in.
    Originally posted by Sue S
    just thought i'd add that u need to load the special to card i was caught out once there are a few steps until it says the special has been loaded, u need to open the special AND load to card......
    • sfax
    • By sfax 26th Nov 12, 10:42 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    just thought i'd add that u need to load the special to card i was caught out once there are a few steps until it says the special has been loaded, u need to open the special AND load to card......
    Originally posted by boddene
    How much time do you have after loading before you have to pay? E.g. Can you check in and load when you arrive, spend 1/2 hour shopping and then pay? Reason I ask is no mobile phone service at tills!
    • sfax
    • By sfax 26th Nov 12, 10:49 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    And has anyone used Harvey Nichols to buy gift vouchers and got the 25 cashback? I assume they count.
    • sir monster
    • By sir monster 26th Nov 12, 11:49 AM
    • 677 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    sir monster
    Apparently Harvey Nichols in London are doing a shopping event tomorrow with Amex which will give you from 10% to 50% off your shop - is a lottery (that's what SA told DH when he went to get his magnum of prosecco). So could potentially save/buy even more.
    Thomas born 28/08/2010 weighing 5lbs and 4ounces, small but perfectly formed Now weighs 19lbs and 5 ounces
    • debsjc
    • By debsjc 26th Nov 12, 12:51 PM
    • 3,175 Posts
    • 33,981 Thanks
    debsjc
    Has the Gap offer finished i can't seem to find it ? i have a local Gap In uxbridge but this doesn't show the special offer ?

I registered for the VIP london shopping weekend 25 credit last week and spent 70 pounds in BHS i also received a ''thanks for shopping small email'' your 5 credit will be with you shortly ??

no other email from Amex as yet ??

Will be visiting Harvey Nicks tonight ! to stock up on some stocking fillers ! Thanks Amex!
    Originally posted by boddene
    I think GAP has finished. It's no longer showing, and I was just about to go down there right now. Really disappointed.
    • xshootingstarsx
    • By xshootingstarsx 26th Nov 12, 1:22 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 2,422 Thanks
    xshootingstarsx
    How much time do you have after loading before you have to pay? E.g. Can you check in and load when you arrive, spend 1/2 hour shopping and then pay? Reason I ask is no mobile phone service at tills!
    I checked in around 90 minutes before buying something in Gap yesterday and it worked.
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 26th Nov 12, 2:25 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    Well as I have mentioned before, Mrs MikeTaff went to argos and split the cost of a steamer over two Amex cards but FORGOT to check in to foursquare!!!!

I went on foursquare that evening (about five hours after the purchase) - checked in to argos and loaded the offer onto the card. (used two different foursquare accounts).

Two days later - BOTH 5 credits have come through. So it is not the end of the world if you can't or don't check in at the till.
    • sfax
    • By sfax 26th Nov 12, 2:51 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    sfax
    mrs sfax checked in but didn't load the offer at Tesco today. Perhaps all is not lost....
    • miketaff1408
    • By miketaff1408 26th Nov 12, 3:03 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    miketaff1408
    mrs sfax checked in but didn't load the offer at Tesco today. Perhaps all is not lost....
    Just load it up TODAY I would say, just to be on the safe side
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,347Posts Today

9,852Users online

Martin's Twitter