Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • revpeachy
    • By revpeachy 11th Jun 10, 9:48 AM
    • 269Posts
    • 2,023Thanks
    revpeachy
    0 WOW
    Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game
    • 11th Jun 10, 9:48 AM
    0 WOW
    Findmypast is FREE during every England World Cup Game 11th Jun 10 at 9:48 AM
    www.findmypast.co.uk/world-cup.jsp?utm_source=FB&utm_content=120610&utm_campa ign=WorldCup120610

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup – make it your goal to research your family history.
    You can view all the records* on findmypast for free during every England World Cup match – all you need to do is register.
    How it works:
    • 30 minutes before kick-off we'll stop charging for 3 hours, which should give you plenty of time to explore what we have to offer.
    • To get ready, make sure you've registered as you'll need to sign in to view the records. If you need help, take a look at our handy Getting Started guide and our video tutorials.
    When England play, you don't pay!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Rose; 15-06-2010 at 7:05 PM.
Page 3
    • KevinG
    • By KevinG 14th Jun 10, 3:51 PM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 4,660 Thanks
    KevinG
    just signed up now waiting for England to play next match...
    Originally posted by Tawny-Owl
    You may be well advised to wait for the afternoon match on 23 June as I suspect the Friday evening match will be just as bad unless they do something to substantially increase the capacity.
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 15th Jun 10, 1:11 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    butterflymum
    An apology, of sorts, is now on the FMP blogsite.....and 'promises' that things should run better on Friday:

http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/

Time will no doubt tell.
    butterfly )i(
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 16th Jun 10, 11:21 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    butterflymum
    OK, new rules in play (and time reduced by half!):

see http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/ for update
    butterfly )i(
  • Ezeeeeeeeeee
    GRO -Free 90mins of VIEWING per England Worldcup game. reg by midinight for tomorrows
    This is the site Findmypast dot codot ukslash world - cup. jsp
    (replace each dot with. and slash with/ and add 3ws. and remove the spaces to get the link)

You just have to register before midnight before the match. If England get through then just register anytime for later matches and you will get the benifits the next time round. I have only just found this, hence the late notice for tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Findmypast is free during every England World Cup match

If you're not football mad, there is something else to do during the World Cup make it your goal to research your family history. Here's our offer for the third England match on Wednesday, June 23.
    Every time England play in a World Cup match you can view all the records* on findmypast for FREE at a time that suits you just register by midnight (UK time) the day before
    How it works:
    1. Register on the website before midnight (UK time) on Tuesday, June 22. If you have already registered, you do not need to do this again.
    2. Return to findmypast.co.uk any time between 9am UK time on Wednesday, June 23 and 9am Thursday, June 24 and sign in: you can now even watch the match too!
    3. Once you have signed in you will have 90 minutes to search and view our records for free just choose the best time for you within the 24 hours. Remember that as soon as you sign in your 90 minutes will start be ready to begin your research then!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    • albionwarrior
    • By albionwarrior 22nd Jun 10, 7:48 PM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 3,492 Thanks
    albionwarrior
    already posted here but thanks anyway

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2525925

merge request sent.
  • Ezeeeeeeeeee
    It was not on the freebies board
    Thank you for putting my email in with the others but I did check the freebies listing, under family, home, internet and misc but did not see it so that is why I added it as I thought others should get a chance at this good deal. I also did a search of the site on key words and did not find the thread that way either.

Again sorry if I used the board wrong.

This would not allow me to post with the message I was replying to as that had a "quote" link in it!
    • peskie pixie
    • By peskie pixie 24th Jun 10, 6:26 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    peskie pixie
    Just bumping this, as available again on Sunday 27th.

They seemed to have ironed out the problems from the 1st couple of games as it was working fine yesterday and no crashing etc. I used it for the 90mins starting at about 11am (managed to save all the census records i needed) and also watch the game in the afternoon

It's particularly useful if you're interested in the 1911 census.
    "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." Franklin Jones
    • candjsmum
    • By candjsmum 24th Jun 10, 7:44 PM
    • 408 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    candjsmum
    Darn it, wish i had read it properly before. Watched the match yesterday whilst downlaoding 1911!! Never mind will have another 90 minutes on Sunday and will do it in the morning. Not sure my nerves will last again otherwise!!
    • crazyterrier2000
    • By crazyterrier2000 7th Jan 11, 11:23 AM
    • 4,702 Posts
    • 321,115 Thanks
    crazyterrier2000
    still going

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/free-trial.action
    No longer posting on freebies or comps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,833Posts Today

8,064Users online

Martin's Twitter