Who DON’T you want to win the election?

Comments

• janeypie
    janeypie Posts: 5 Forumite
    I really dont want the Tories in power, I dont trust David Cameron. Nick Clegg really doesnt have a clue. I trust Gordon Brown to get us totally out of the recession and I dont want anyone else messing up the economy.

??!! Gordon didn't need a recession to mess things up but he's lucky it came along because alot of people have been fooled into thinking everything would be fine without it. The man is totally clueless and been a disaster for the economy. Have people forgotten that this is the man who sold off Britain's gold at the lowest rate ever - even though the Bank of England begged him not to? It cost us over 3Billion.

How can there still be anyone out there who havn't noticed the mess he has got us into?:eek:
  • Perhaps Harrow East is not indicative of the rest of the Country.
    We have Tony McNulty MP standing for re-election! Yes, that's
    right, the same Tony McNulty who had around £70,000 of expenses
    which were for such items as, yes, around £180 a night to stay at
    his parents house in Harrow! He only lives 8 miles away from them
    anyway. He was ordered to pay back £13,000 - there has been no
    publicity to say if he has or not yet. However, how can he have the
    gall to stand for re-election when he has done nothing but live the
    life of Riley on expenses? To add insult to injury, his mother is
    also standing for local council elections - is one lot of expenses not
    enough? Harrow East needs someone interested in its residents
    not rich business which has been supported by our MP in the past.
    He has sold our green belt land down the river by "strongly supporting"
    millionaires homes on it - no social housing whatsoever - what about
    the Labour policies on that? Anyway, hoping other areas have
    better MPs than ours but, if so, why is the Country in such a state?
  • PhiltheBear
    PhiltheBear Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Post
    Firstly, Brown was Chancellor before he was PM. In that time he raided personal pensions, screwed up the personal tax system (remember cutting the 10% band?) and borrowed heavily - and that was BEFORE any crisis caused by banking.

Secondly, Labour is turning the UK into a Stalinist nightmare. There are hundreds of people who now have access to your home, personal records, etc. - most of these little bits of intrusion were added on to bills which have nothing to do with the subject - just secretly smuggled through to enable you to be spied upon.

Third, Labour have poured money into unrealistic and unwanted IT projects at the cost of billions - ID cards, joined up NHS,.... None of these work. All are over budget and well over time.

I don't care if Cameron wins - or Clegg wins - or even if Plaid Cymru wins. Just anybody except Labour. If they win I am seriously going to try and leave this country.
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hear, hear, Janeypie.

If Brown gets back in, it won't be two minutes before we are are in as much financial trouble as the Greeks already are, with other countries telling us how to run our affairs. Brown is a liar. He heads a party which took the people of this country into war on the basis of downright lies, surely the most unforgiveable thing any government can do, and the body bags just keep coming back to this country week in, week out.

Similarly he knows full well where the economic bodies are buried, and just how much of an economic mess we are in, but he's not being honest about it. (The other two parties are having to guess just how bad things are, because the Labour government has bottled doing the spending review).

Whoever wins, this country is going to have to face some severe economic pain to get us out of this mess, and Labour and the Lib Dems are being disingenuous and dishonest in pretending this is not the case.

I don't understand - some of you are clearly on the ball when it comes to your own personal finances ( you're MSE-ers!), yet somehow don't believe that exactly the same principles apply to the country's finances?? Long term, you can't keep spending more than you have coming in - just think about it, please!
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have to say, i voted on this poll for labour to NOT be voted in again. This country is going to wrack (sp) and ruin. Gordon Brown is just spend spend spend. I don't trust him an inch. He's wreckless with taxpayers money. Backs 'white elephants', wasteful, non sensical, I could go on...but i won't. I'll be voting tomorrow...voting for change. Voting for Cameron.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Twosheds
    Twosheds Posts: 89 Forumite
    anyone who is old enough to remember what thatcher did to this country will never vote conservative. if cameron & osborne get into downing street you can kiss goodbye to the continuing investment in the NHS, schools, police, tax credits and all the good things the labour party have done in the past 15 years.
    cameron is a child of thatcherism - don't forget that tomorrow!
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nobody has ever disputed that Labour are very good at spending other people's money - that's the problem.
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • Wow
    Wow Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Twosheds wrote: »
    anyone who is old enough to remember what thatcher did to this country will never vote conservative. if cameron & osborne get into downing street you can kiss goodbye to the continuing investment in the NHS, schools, police, tax credits and all the good things the labour party have done in the past 15 years.
    cameron is a child of thatcherism - don't forget that tomorrow!

I wish Thatcher was back.;)
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The bottom line is if you continuously spend more than you earn you will go bankrupt-that's a hell of a legacy to leave our children to pick up the tab. because it's our children who will end up paying for it.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Twosheds
    Twosheds Posts: 89 Forumite
    Wow wrote: »
    I wish Thatcher was back.;)

presumably, along with her 15+% inflation, closed schools, 18 month waiting lists for an outpatients appointment....

be careful what you wish for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport