Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 41
  • 41 and i know it
    Very.....good
    I came home yesterday to find the second flyer from Very, first one I binned because I thought I wouldn't be accepted.
    My daughter wants a Meygana Bratzillaz doll I been looking cheapest on Amazon 22 but mostly 25. They offered me 15 off first order of 25 code 2BBTV, which I entered on checkout after registering, free next day delivery to a local shop. Result:- one of my daughters Christmas presents sorted, which I am chuffed about because I always get the wrong thing, for a tenner and its currently in the depot on the way to the shop, I just tracked it. Amazing, little things do please me by the way.
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 15th Sep 12, 9:22 AM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 11,999 Thanks
    samtoby
    A reducing limit looks bad doesn't it? I must say it says I can order up to 150 but saying that - it says my limit is 0. Rang to check I have a credit account and she advised I can spend up to 150. So surely my limit is 150?! The above now makes sense.
    DS 18.06.2004 --2013-- 2.05.2014
    E-Bay Power Seller - Amazon Seller, Etsy Seller
    April GC 36.56 so far
    0/ 4,533.47 0% 28th April 2014
    4kw Solar PV system with Immersun
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 11th Oct 12, 1:50 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 11,999 Thanks
    samtoby
    JD Williams is now 900 so gone from 150 to 900 in 6 months. Not bad, highest limit for years for me
    April GC 36.56 so far
  • JodiePearce
    I can't get accepted for any!!!

Stressing me out!!
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 7th Nov 12, 11:49 AM
    • 1,105 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    MrSilk
    I just got declined for Littlewoods, but accepted for JD Williams

Credit of 125.00, so won't use it much!
  • JodiePearce
    I can't even get jd Williams! I have really bad credit from years ago and most of it has fell off... I couldn't get accepted for a credit card with vanquish so I appealed and they sent me an invitation to apply for cashmax 6 month loan! I was accepted! Also have two mobile contracts that's are all paid up to date!

Studio have given me a cash account only but every now and then they send goods before I've paid and so I pay it quick sharp but they still won't give me an account! Anyone eles had this? When I asked them they reply my account us still a cash only!!! Annoying!
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 7th Nov 12, 12:04 PM
    • 1,105 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    MrSilk
    This time last year I couldn't even open a basic bank account..I currently have 1 CCJ and 5 defaults, however I built my credit history like this:

March 2012: Applied and accepted for 30 day SIM only on Three (Cancelled in June)
    March 2012: Opened NatWest current Account (No Overdraft)
    May 2012: Applied and accepted for Orange 24 Month Contract
    July 2012: Applied and accepted for Capital One secured CC (200 Deposit!!)
    October 2012: Took out additional line with Orange
    November 2012: JD Williams account opened (125 Limit)

Once the CCJ has dropped, I'll try my luck with Natwest for a CC (Credit my Current Account with around 1400pm)

I believe you need to start low and build up, I am aware my credit is still limited however, I'd like to have a mortgage in 6/8 years so it will help!!
    Last edited by MrSilk; 07-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 7th Nov 12, 12:11 PM
    • 1,105 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    MrSilk
    I can't even get jd Williams! I have really bad credit from years ago and most of it has fell off... I couldn't get accepted for a credit card with vanquish so I appealed and they sent me an invitation to apply for cashmax 6 month loan! I was accepted! Also have two mobile contracts that's are all paid up to date!

Studio have given me a cash account only but every now and then they send goods before I've paid and so I pay it quick sharp but they still won't give me an account! Anyone eles had this? When I asked them they reply my account us still a cash only!!! Annoying!
    Originally posted by JodiePearce
    make sure your contracts are paid on time and give it a little bit of time and re-apply I'd say wait around 4 - 6 months, hassle I know!
  • JodiePearce
    Yeah I think I've proberly applied to much! Thanks
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 7th Nov 12, 6:45 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 11,999 Thanks
    samtoby
    Try very next. They were the first to give me a credit line. I am nearly a year down the line and my limits are rising. I had 500 credit in jan and now have 3k spread across accounts available. Hardly any balances.
    April GC 36.56 so far
  • JodiePearce
    Tried very! Declined! I appealed and declined again although I did get email asking for more information but when I called then the lady said she didn't know why!!! Strange!
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 11th Nov 12, 9:50 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 11,999 Thanks
    samtoby
    Tried very! Declined! I appealed and declined again although I did get email asking for more information but when I called then the lady said she didn't know why!!! Strange!
    Originally posted by JodiePearce
    Are you on the electoral roll? Have you got any credit at all? X
    April GC 36.56 so far
    • bobbydub
    • By bobbydub 26th Feb 14, 7:59 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    bobbydub
    JD Williams has been a great credit builder for me, could not get any catolges beforehand due to being silly when I was 18. Since having the account I started with 1st month 125 2nd 225 3rd and 4th 325 5th 500 6th 700 and now just had my 7th statement 1000! Although I think it has gone up to easy and would never buy upto that much unless u can more so pay the balance off apr is abit steep but hey Its done well for me.
    • Candy53
    • By Candy53 28th Feb 14, 11:43 AM
    • 2,471 Posts
    • 2,831 Thanks
    Candy53
    I've had an account with Fifty Plus for about 10 years.

It's part of the JD Williams. My limit went up quickly, and in the second year it went up to 1,600, but, it has never gone higher. Don't want it to, but just wondered if that is the JD limit, or has anyone's gone higher than that?

I've never seen the point in JD having so many sites/cataloges, as they're all exactly the same, with the same products. The only one I found was abit different was Jacamo.

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • Tremour-88
    I got accepted for littlewoods in 2010 with a bad history and 2 defaults with a 200 limit and had a year of bad history with them (unemployed) but my history has been great since 2011.

My credit limit went from 200 to 4,500 in a year with littlewoods despite my trouble in the past, every time I order now my limit jumps by 400 or so, I recently asked them to reduce it to 3,000 as I have no need for such high limits. Most I've ever owed them is 900 on BNPL
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 28th Feb 14, 3:10 PM
    • 2,502 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    20aday
    I have had my fair share of financial trouble in the past (I have learned, the hard way, that buying people presents doesn't mean they'll like you anymore ) with two "Arrangement to Pay" credit accounts scheduled to leave my credit files in September of this year.

Very allowed me to open an account in December 2013. My initial APR was 44.9% Variable with a credit limit of 1,000.

Since then my APR has dropped 4% to 40.9% but I've halved my credit limit as 1,000 was far too much for me.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • fixingcredit
    I hate bringing old threads back to life, but I also hate starting new ones when an old one exists! After reading this thread last month, I decided to apply to JD Williams. My credit is a disaster. I've got defaults everywhere, a CCJ, and ended up bankrupt! However I kept my Virgin Media broadband as I'd never missed a payment on it, and it was affordable. That's been green dots for about 3 years, and in September they called me and asked if I wanted a mobile. I failed the credit check (as I told them I would), but next day they called and said they'd override the credit check as I was a good customer! Virgin Mobile has now been green dots since September!
    So, start of June, I applied for JD Williams. Got the initial 125 credit limit, so before it disappeared, I placed an order of about 73, wholly expecting it to be cancelled when they run the credit check. Order arrived, and I've had my first statement still showing the 125 limit. JD Williams have also added the account to my Equifax credit file (I assume the others as well) however they haven't done a credit search yet, according at least to Equifax!
    The minimum payment on the statement was 6, but I paid 15 and have set up a Direct Debit for 15 a month. I could just pay the balance off, however I want green dots from them!
    I have no doubt that they'll review the account after a few months to see if I'm behaving or whatever, notice they've not done a search, do one and swiftly close my account. We'll see how it goes though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,327Posts Today

6,433Users online

Martin's Twitter