Sub Prime Credit Thread Part III

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    just being nosey.hopefully you will get it
    I hope so too but I wouldn't be terribly cut up about it if I don't.
  • cifpower
    baz29 wrote: »
    Thank you for your application for a Classic Card, barry One of our team will now perform additional checks, which typically take
    7 working days.
    In a small number of cases we may need more information to complete your application - if so, we'll write and let you know.

What do I do now?
    We will contact you by post with further details of our decision. If we require additional information from you to approve your application, we'll explain this in our letter.

Whilst you are waiting for our decision, please do not re-apply for a Capital One card.

Does this mean i might get accepted?

I got the same message. You can't read too much info into it - its a maybe
  • cifpower wrote: »
    I hope so too but I wouldn't be terribly cut up about it if I don't.

would be handy to replace your vanquis,if you wanted to
    littlewoods/littlewoods direct/marshall ward/kays/greatuniversal/empire stores/addittions/grattans/next/ambrose wilson.barclay card/cap1/bos/vanquis gold/vodafone/3 .dell finance/currys finance
    Official SOS Club number 009 - Dry until 18.11.2009
  • cifpower
    would be handy to replace your vanquis,if you wanted to
    True but I still have my Ulster Bank card
  • cifpower wrote: »
    True but I still have my Ulster Bank card

your showing off now.lol
    ive payed two of my cards off.vanquis is the highest apr ive got.ive left a balance on that as an insentive not to spend too much.ill never get mainstream if i dont cut down.
    littlewoods/littlewoods direct/marshall ward/kays/greatuniversal/empire stores/addittions/grattans/next/ambrose wilson.barclay card/cap1/bos/vanquis gold/vodafone/3 .dell finance/currys finance
    Official SOS Club number 009 - Dry until 18.11.2009
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My CapitalOne PIN number turned up today. I didn't get a 'You've been accepted' letter. Looks like you apply, if you're accepted they just send you the card and PIN. If you're declined, they'll send a letter out.

For anyone that's applied for CapitalOne, if you phone their number, they'll tell you whether you've been accepted or declined, and your credit limit and APR if you've been accepted. It seems like they don't tell you your credit limit or APR... maybe it's on the letter with the credit card, which I'm still waiting for (Hoping it'll be here tomorrow or the next day).
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just thought I'd let everyone know for information, that my mother applied for a Gold card with her bank (First Direct), and they said no, because she has a 2k overdraft which she's 1.5k into (She seems to live of her overdraft until payday, which takes her just in the green, then back into it for the months living).

Pretty glad she got turned town to be honest, as she said 'She wanted a holiday and wouldn't be able to afford to pay for one out right'. I was furious and told her that's not what credit cards are for.

She said 'Can I apply for one with another bank and get accepted'. While I said yes, I strongly advised her not to. I don't want her to get in any more debt. She's already got 6k left on a loan and a 1.5k overdraft. She's got 999 credit score on experian and has never missed a payment on any agreement, therefore her credit rating is very good.

Hoping she doesn't apply and just loses interest.
  • cifpower
    You're a good son
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Swine flu CONFIRMED in London!!!!!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • cifpower
    Swine flu CONFIRMED in London!!!!!
    We all don't live in London you know! And I would say most of us don't give a damn :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure