Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 28th Jan 09, 2:51 PM
    • 6,045Posts
    • 5,599Thanks
    PROLIANT
    Sub Prime Credit Thread Part II
    • 28th Jan 09, 2:51 PM
    Sub Prime Credit Thread Part II 28th Jan 09 at 2:51 PM
    Welcome to the Sub Prime Credit thread Part II

You can find a link to the old thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=922297

Thankyou to everybody who has made a contribution to the thread so far and keep up the good work.

Capital One Visa

Monument Visa

Vanquis Visa

Aqua MasterCard

MBNA Sub Prime Mastercard

Cash Plus Pre-Paid Master Card with 50 loan

Barclaycard Visa
    http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/creditbuilder/index.html

Lloyds TSB Basic Bank Account

Last edited by PROLIANT; 28-01-2009 at 4:48 PM.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
Page 502
    • duggie1982
    • By duggie1982 28th Apr 09, 9:37 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    duggie1982
    Heres a question. I just noticed on my cc credit file i have 2 defaults with wrong date of birth (just the year) should i ask call credit to look at these and can i ask for them to be removed? I also have on without a dob. Any advice?
  • Parki
    Duggie reading that bit on the bottom about improving my credit file I noticed about your 2 RBS current accounts. On my Experian credit report my RBS is not showing. Does yours show in Experian? Im glad mine doesnt show as im always overdrawn but just wondering why.
    • duggie1982
    • By duggie1982 28th Apr 09, 10:14 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    duggie1982
    Not sure mate just got callcredit report the now but expecting the others in the next week

But check out http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1033817

It says RBS report to all 3
  • Parki
    Yeah I read that but I havent sent for my Equifax or Call Credit reports yet. I intend to do that soon though. Just wondered why my RBS current account isnt on that. Hopefully it wont be on my others either. Ive had the account for about 20 years though.
  • thriftymomma
    Yeah I read that but I havent sent for my Equifax or Call Credit reports yet. I intend to do that soon though. Just wondered why my RBS current account isnt on that. Hopefully it wont be on my others either. Ive had the account for about 20 years though.
    Originally posted by Parki

The length of time you have held the account is why it is not shown. HTH
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09
  • Chocolate Button
    Morning all,

I received a letter from Ulster yesterday regarding my appeal - they have asked for 3 months bank statements. Just wondering if anyone has successfully appealed with Ulster and got a cc from them? Is it worthwhile me sending of the statements or am I likely to just get a big fat no anyway!?

Not heard from Citi yet regarding appeal with them...

thanks
  • Innocent_Guy
    Morning all,

I received a letter from Ulster yesterday regarding my appeal - they have asked for 3 months bank statements. Just wondering if anyone has successfully appealed with Ulster and got a cc from them? Is it worthwhile me sending of the statements or am I likely to just get a big fat no anyway!?

Not heard from Citi yet regarding appeal with them...

thanks
    Originally posted by Chocolate Button
    Proliant and Cif have successfully appealed.

They will only offer you the card if your bank statement show affordability.
    If you are in you O/D month on month there is no point sending them in

If not you stand a chance

Best of luck
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - 1000 o/d, HSBC - 200 o/d- First Direct - 500
    Credit Cards - [B]Barclaycard 2000 - Silver Card 1300 - Flybe 7500 - HSBC 1000 - First Direct 2500 First Direct Gold 3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • Chocolate Button
    Proliant and Cif have successfully appealed.

They will only offer you the card if your bank statement show affordability.
    If you are in you O/D month on month there is no point sending them in

If not you stand a chance

Best of luck
    Originally posted by Innocent_Guy
    thanks for this - don't have an o/d and my account is always in good order - healthy salary going in each month so keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • victor-meldrew
    Have you found out which card they have offered you yet?
    Originally posted by sutton111
    just got another pin through for card
    its a pin for visa electron card.still dont know what account is deffinatley.
    littlewoods/littlewoods direct/marshall ward/kays/greatuniversal/empire stores/addittions/grattans/next/ambrose wilson.barclay card/cap1/bos/vanquis gold/vodafone/3 .dell finance/currys finance
    Official SOS Club number 009 - Dry until 18.11.2009
  • victor-meldrew
    opened a studio account for o/h.just got invoice through.
    apr 44.9% but 29.5 if you pay by dd.thats a big difference
    littlewoods/littlewoods direct/marshall ward/kays/greatuniversal/empire stores/addittions/grattans/next/ambrose wilson.barclay card/cap1/bos/vanquis gold/vodafone/3 .dell finance/currys finance
    Official SOS Club number 009 - Dry until 18.11.2009
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 29th Apr 09, 11:44 AM
    • 6,045 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    PROLIANT
    Please read...
    Just a quick reminder guy's, this thread will be locked at some point today, as I stated in my last post you can decide between yourselves who want's to carry the thread on to Part III.

Regards

Proilant
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

541Posts Today

5,686Users online

Martin's Twitter