Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 126Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 42
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 13th Oct 19, 11:13 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Anyone else not been able to register for the Utilita website following the transfer? Says my customer reference is not correct even though it is.
    Originally posted by tg99
    Yup! Same here!
    Let me guess - your reference number ends in 000?
    It appears they have given the same generic account number to everyone and it does not amount to anything.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 14th Oct 19, 12:20 AM
    • 544 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    HHarry
    Yup! Same here!
    It appears they have given the same generic account number to everyone and it does not amount to anything.
    Originally posted by the_mandarin

There seemed to be an issue registering with Utilita to do with your date of birth being a mandatory field, but they didn't have that information.

They sent out an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to allow Eversmart customers to register - just follow the link on the e-mail.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 14th Oct 19, 12:53 AM
    • 776 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    Yup! Same here!
    Not got the document with me but guessing it does then!
    • tg99
    • By tg99 14th Oct 19, 12:59 AM
    • 776 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    There seemed to be an issue registering with Utilita to do with your date of birth being a mandatory field, but they didn't have that information.

They sent out an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to allow Eversmart customers to register - just follow the link on the e-mail.
    Originally posted by HHarry
    I didn’t get the email regarding registration....perhaps because I was in the process of switching away (hence I got a ‘sorry you are leaving us email’ recently).
    • tg99
    • By tg99 14th Oct 19, 1:00 AM
    • 776 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    Anyone yet found out what the Utilita tariff we were put onto pre 1st October was?
    • collectors
    • By collectors 14th Oct 19, 8:10 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    collectors
    I haven't got my final bill from Eversmart / Utilita? But have just got an email from Utilita saying that we are sorry to see your leaving us.
    Now i did get intouch with Igloo Energy to move my account. So, it seems to be happening, thank goodness.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Oct 19, 9:00 AM
    • 21,539 Posts
    • 15,789 Thanks
    molerat
    Yup! Same here!
    I have a bill for my account ending 00000.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 14th Oct 19, 9:19 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Stratus
    Anyone yet found out what the Utilita tariff we were put onto pre 1st October was?
    For my region the Smart Energy tariff was 29.545p (rate 1) and 17.373p (rate 2).
    The tariff from October 1st is 28.138p (rate 1) and 16.546p (rate 2).
    Your region may be different,
    • collectors
    • By collectors 14th Oct 19, 11:59 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    collectors
    For my region the Smart Energy tariff was 29.545p (rate 1) and 17.373p (rate 2).
    The tariff from October 1st is 28.138p (rate 1) and 16.546p (rate 2).
    Your region may be different,
    Originally posted by Stratus
    Rate 1 is for the 1st 2kw used each day? "This means you have to boil a 2kw kettle 30 times before you get on to rate 2 each day" But there is no daily standing charge. Its still a rip off. Glad i am on the move.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 14th Oct 19, 12:49 PM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    Mister G
    Yes, my Utilita A/C ends in 0000 as well.

Luckily I left them on 18th September for Symbio. I was therefore only with them for the 7 days from when they took over Eversmart.

From my meter readings, I calculated that I owe Utilita about £31 plus the £107 I owed Eversmart (DD set too low).

Not sure if Eversmart's administrators or Utilita are going to chase me for that.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 14th Oct 19, 1:57 PM
    • 544 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    HHarry
    I didn’t get the email regarding registration....perhaps because I was in the process of switching away (hence I got a ‘sorry you are leaving us email’ recently).

Possibly - but I got my 'sorry you're leaving' email on the 24th Sept, and my register an account email on the 2nd Oct.

Have a look in your junk folder to see if it's floating around there?
    • halogen
    • By halogen 14th Oct 19, 3:06 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    halogen

All I've had is one text message. no emails
    • tg99
    • By tg99 14th Oct 19, 10:19 PM
    • 776 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    Possibly - but I got my 'sorry you're leaving' email on the 24th Sept, and my register an account email on the 2nd Oct.

Have a look in your junk folder to see if it's floating around there?
    Yep looked there but nothing. Not too bothered really as don’t particularly need online access given switch away.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 14th Oct 19, 10:25 PM
    • 776 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    Yes, my Utilita A/C ends in 0000 as well.

Luckily I left them on 18th September for Symbio. I was therefore only with them for the 7 days from when they took over Eversmart.

From my meter readings, I calculated that I owe Utilita about £31 plus the £107 I owed Eversmart (DD set too low).

Not sure if Eversmart's administrators or Utilita are going to chase me for that.
    Originally posted by Mister G
    Presumably Utilita provide your opening read with them to Eversmart’s administrators to allow the latter to calculate the final amount owed .........in same way as when you switch between two energy suppliers when there is no SOLR process involved? Thus meaning that the closing meter read at Eversmart and opening one at Utilita are the same with the same date ..... otherwise could end up being double charged if he administrators used a closing estimate for example.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 15th Oct 19, 10:56 AM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    Mister G
    Presumably Utilita provide your opening read with them to Eversmart’s administrators to allow the latter to calculate the final amount owed .........in same way as when you switch between two energy suppliers when there is no SOLR process involved? Thus meaning that the closing meter read at Eversmart and opening one at Utilita are the same with the same date ..... otherwise could end up being double charged if he administrators used a closing estimate for example.
    Presumably is the key word! I have photos of the meter on the two crucial dates of when Utilita took over from Eversmart and when Symbio took over from Utilita.

We shall see.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 16th Oct 19, 8:27 AM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 470 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Has anyone managed to switch away from Utilita, when they initiated their switch ASAP after Eversmart was closed?

My switch to Breeze eventually started on Monday 7th Oct - got my Welcome email from them on that date and got 'Sorry you are leaving' email from Utilita the day after.

Nothing since then.

Just wondering if anyone has got away yet.
    • collectors
    • By collectors 16th Oct 19, 8:52 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    collectors
    Has anyone managed to switch away from Utilita, when they initiated their switch ASAP after Eversmart was closed?

My switch to Breeze eventually started on Monday 7th Oct - got my Welcome email from them on that date and got 'Sorry you are leaving' email from Utilita the day after.

Nothing since then.

Originally posted by JohnB47
    I got a similar result with changing to Igloo energy. When i tried the first time we had to give Utilita 2 weeks. Igloo are now trying again, so we will see. But one thing that hasn't happened is i have not got a final bill from eversmart or Utilita.
    • JuneS
    • By JuneS 16th Oct 19, 9:24 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    JuneS
    Utilita only took over as SoLR on 11th September 2019 following Eversmart ceasing to trade.

Generally suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill after you have actually left them.

However, where a SoLR has been appointed, depending on a number of factors including (a) the state of the financial record keeping by the former supplier, which often is not as good as it should be, and (b) the number of customers affected, then it can take much longer.

Those who switch from the SoLR at this time may also experience a longer than normal, 6 week wait for their final bill as that may not be able to be finalised until the previous supplier account is finalised.
    Last edited by JuneS; 16-10-2019 at 9:32 AM.
    • Bendo
    • By Bendo 16th Oct 19, 9:27 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Bendo
    Glad I managed to get out just in time my switch to AVRO completed on the 12th Sept.
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 16th Oct 19, 4:56 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Stratus
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    I'm due to open with Symbio tomorrow. Just logged on to my Utilita account and my customer reference number is no longer recognised. I'm hoping this is a good sign.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

469Posts Today

5,916Users online

Martin's Twitter