Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • himalayasalt
    • By himalayasalt 11th Sep 19, 9:29 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    himalayasalt
    New CH system - what documents should i ask for?
    • 11th Sep 19, 9:29 AM
    New CH system - what documents should i ask for? 11th Sep 19 at 9:29 AM
    Morning all, hope you are all having a great day.

So tomorrow a new central heating install is being completed (new boiler, rads, shower, some new pipework) and I just want to know what documents I should ask for from the company before handing over the final payment to them.

Building code documents... gas safety certificates... guarantee of their work being of good standard etc? Also, it's an intergas eco rf boiler with 10 year warranty... is it up to them to register that? I just want all the i's dotted and t's crossed Thanks so much for your advice.
Page 1
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 11th Sep 19, 12:21 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    • 11th Sep 19, 12:21 PM
    • 11th Sep 19, 12:21 PM
    Morning all, hope you are all having a great day.

So tomorrow a new central heating install is being completed (new boiler, rads, shower, some new pipework) and I just want to know what documents I should ask for from the company before handing over the final payment to them.

Building code documents... gas safety certificates... guarantee of their work being of good standard etc? Also, it's an intergas eco rf boiler with 10 year warranty... is it up to them to register that? I just want all the i's dotted and t's crossed Thanks so much for your advice.
    Originally posted by himalayasalt
    So its a LPG boiler? Gas safety certificates are for rental properties. Not private. Building codes? We do not have these in the UK. You can ask installer if they needed building warrant/any permissions from local council, electrical etc. Also they should register warranty but ask them as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,745Users online

Martin's Twitter