Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MsN
    • By MsN 17th Aug 19, 10:46 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MsN
    0 WOW
    Problem with Lastminute.com
    • 17th Aug 19, 10:46 PM
    0 WOW
    Problem with Lastminute.com 17th Aug 19 at 10:46 PM
    Hi everyone. I booked my holiday with Lastminute 8 days ago. They took money out of my bank, but my holiday still not confirmed. (Wait while our team are processing your request).I tried to contact them 4 times and they just LIE to me that will update me in 24 hr and of course nothing happens. I am going very soon, just few weeks before my trip left and I am starting panicking as if in the end they will cancell it I will have to wait long to get my money back. They said that they are waiting for response from hotel and airline, but 8 days is too long. Does anyone been in the same situation?
Page 1
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 17th Aug 19, 10:52 PM
    • 23,853 Posts
    • 64,216 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 17th Aug 19, 10:52 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 10:52 PM
    No, I've not been in the same situation.
    But if you'd booked direct with the airline, you would have got immediate confirmation of your booking.
    Lastminute.com don't have live airline prices so don't be surprised if they come back to you and say the flight is unavailable at the price they advertised and they want more money.
    • MsN
    • By MsN 17th Aug 19, 11:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MsN
    • 17th Aug 19, 11:12 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 11:12 PM
    I will not be surprised at all. But I want to hear from them at least something.. no confirmations, no updates.. nothing 8 days already. By the way I think its illegal to advertise one price and claim more money after that. Will never use them again.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 18th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    Westin
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    Eight days is excessively long to wait for the holiday to be confirmed.

Presumably you have double checked that nothing from them has come into your junk email folder.

I think after such a wait you are justified in asking them to cancel the booking request and ask for a refund. Should they still try to seek time extensions then perhaps contact your credit card provider and get them involved.

Lastminute.com and similar shonky overseas online travel providers are best avoided. People think they are being smart looking for the cheapest advertised price but get caught with poor service and ultimately pay more.
    • MsN
    • By MsN 18th Aug 19, 5:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MsN
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:25 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:25 PM
    Another phone call to them today and another lies about update in next few hours. Checked all the folders in my email including spam.. nothing from them
    • _shel
    • By _shel 18th Aug 19, 5:46 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 4,447 Thanks
    _shel
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:46 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 5:46 PM
    At this point I'd be on the phone to my bank and getting a charge back and booking direct.
    • AnnS52
    • By AnnS52 2nd Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnnS52
    • 2nd Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    • 2nd Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    I also have a dispute with this company, which has been going on since 10th August. Within 30 minutes of making the original booking, which should have been for two people, I rang and spoke to customer service who said I would receive a full refund within 7 days. I also emailed them requesting they confirm this but within two hours, this email was returned, marked undeliverable. To cut a long story short, they have refused to make the refund as they say it is not within B.A. refund policy. I have now taken this issue up with my credit card company, who are looking into it for me. I emailed them last Friday and am still awaiting a reply, normally they send an email saying they will respond within 7 days. On their website it clearly states, that if you cancel the booking you will receive a refund back to the payment method used.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 2nd Sep 19, 11:09 AM
    • 12,446 Posts
    • 8,110 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 2nd Sep 19, 11:09 AM
    • 2nd Sep 19, 11:09 AM
    If the flights were booked then the airline fare rules would apply for cancellation. Majority of tickets sold by third parties are non-refundable (the cheapest fare buckets)
    BA do offer a 24 hour free cancellation for customers that book direct with them. LastMinute, in line with other third party ticket floggers do not.
    If your reason for having to cancel is covered by your travel insurance, best speak to them
    • AnnS52
    • By AnnS52 2nd Sep 19, 3:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnnS52
    • 2nd Sep 19, 3:07 PM
    • 2nd Sep 19, 3:07 PM
    This is what is on the website.

Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight?
    Yes, but the amount you'd be refunded would depend on your airline's cancellation and refund policy. As soon as your refunded amount is confirmed, it will be sent to you via the same method of payment you used to make your booking. However, please note that it may take several days for your reimbursement to appear in your account.

If you did not buy one of our Assistance Packages, you will be charged a Handling fee for the refund.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 2nd Sep 19, 3:55 PM
    • 23,853 Posts
    • 64,216 Thanks
    Pollycat
    This is what is on the website.

Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight?
    Yes, but the amount you'd be refunded would depend on your airline's cancellation and refund policy. As soon as your refunded amount is confirmed, it will be sent to you via the same method of payment you used to make your booking. However, please note that it may take several days for your reimbursement to appear in your account.

If you did not buy one of our Assistance Packages, you will be charged a Handling fee for the refund.
    Originally posted by AnnS52
    So was the BA ticket you bought from Last-minute.com refundable or not?
    There are lots of different fares.
    Some are changeable, some aren't.
    If you'd bought direct from the airline you would have clearly seen what you were buying and what the options were.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 2nd Sep 19, 7:18 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    Westin
    I very much doubt that Lastminute sold anything but a non refundable ticket. They will be selling the cheapest option as that is what their customers are searching for.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Sep 19, 6:41 AM
    • 23,853 Posts
    • 64,216 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I very much doubt that Lastminute sold anything but a non refundable ticket. They will be selling the cheapest option as that is what their customers are searching for.
    Originally posted by Westin
    I doubt it too.

And that's what AnnS52 needs to check and understand.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 3rd Sep 19, 9:06 AM
    • 13,392 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Within 30 minutes of making the original booking, which should have been for two people, I rang and spoke to customer service who said I would receive a full refund within 7 days.
    Originally posted by AnnS52

It is a good idea to decide whether or not you want to travel BEFORE you book and pay, rather than changing your mind within 30 minutes. Or was this a website problem?

The last time I used Lastminute, when I reached the final payment page I found that the travel dates had changed. Fortunately I noticed this BEFORE making the payment and so could correct matters, but if you are the victim of a glitch such as this you might get on better by asking them to take responsibility for their website.
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 3rd Sep 19, 7:49 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    koalakoala
    We booked a hotel through them and they left us stranded in Norway with no hotel booked!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Sep 19, 9:37 PM
    • 23,853 Posts
    • 64,216 Thanks
    Pollycat
    We booked a hotel through them and they left us stranded in Norway with no hotel booked!
    Originally posted by koalakoala
    Perhaps you'd like to share more details...such as:
    Did they resolve the issue?
    How?
    Did you get a refund?
    etc etc
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 4th Sep 19, 11:08 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    koalakoala
    No they did not resolve the issue. It was a weekend and we could not get through to anyone.
    We had to find another hotel and the credit card company refunded us the original cost.
    We called when we got home but they offered no reason, or apology.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 5th Sep 19, 7:04 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    Maybe they'll confirm at the last minute!
    • Blue264
    • By Blue264 7th Sep 19, 4:36 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    Blue264
    Originally posted by koalakoala
    They did the same to us last September with a hotel booking for Cyprus.

We were notified by email that the hotel we'd booked a week previously wasn't available. The main problem was that we were literally in the queue boarding our flight when the email arrived. I managed to get through to them on the phone and they offered another hotel. Our original booking was a beach front hotel and the substitute was on the main road facing a building site. I declined the substitute and told them to have another 3 hotel offers ready for when we landed in Larnaca. I think they panicked a bit because they heard the pilot's announcement to turn all phones off.

When we landed in Cyprus, they'd offered a beach front hotel of the same class and upgraded us to an executive room. Still wasn't as pretty as the original hotel we'd chosen, but these things happen.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,797Posts Today

5,486Users online

Martin's Twitter