catalogue accounts

1767778798082»

Comments

• samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Tried very! Declined! I appealed and declined again although I did get email asking for more information but when I called then the lady said she didn't know why!!! Strange!

Are you on the electoral roll? Have you got any credit at all? X
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • JD Williams has been a great credit builder for me, could not get any catolges beforehand due to being silly when I was 18. Since having the account I started with 1st month 125 2nd 225 3rd and 4th 325 5th 500 6th 700 and now just had my 7th statement 1000! Although I think it has gone up to easy and would never buy upto that much unless u can more so pay the balance off apr is abit steep but hey Its done well for me.
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've had an account with Fifty Plus for about 10 years.

It's part of the JD Williams. My limit went up quickly, and in the second year it went up to £1,600, but, it has never gone higher. Don't want it to, but just wondered if that is the JD limit, or has anyone's gone higher than that?

I've never seen the point in JD having so many sites/cataloges, as they're all exactly the same, with the same products. The only one I found was abit different was Jacamo.

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • I got accepted for littlewoods in 2010 with a bad history and 2 defaults with a £200 limit and had a year of bad history with them (unemployed) but my history has been great since 2011.

My credit limit went from £200 to £4,500 in a year with littlewoods despite my trouble in the past, every time I order now my limit jumps by £400 or so, I recently asked them to reduce it to £3,000 as I have no need for such high limits. Most I've ever owed them is £900 on BNPL
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I have had my fair share of financial trouble in the past (I have learned, the hard way, that buying people presents doesn't mean they'll like you anymore _pale_ ) with two "Arrangement to Pay" credit accounts scheduled to leave my credit files in September of this year.

Very allowed me to open an account in December 2013. My initial APR was 44.9% Variable with a credit limit of £1,000.

Since then my APR has dropped 4% to 40.9% but I've halved my credit limit as £1,000 was far too much for me.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • I hate bringing old threads back to life, but I also hate starting new ones when an old one exists! After reading this thread last month, I decided to apply to JD Williams. My credit is a disaster. I've got defaults everywhere, a CCJ, and ended up bankrupt! However I kept my Virgin Media broadband as I'd never missed a payment on it, and it was affordable. That's been green dots for about 3 years, and in September they called me and asked if I wanted a mobile. I failed the credit check (as I told them I would), but next day they called and said they'd override the credit check as I was a good customer! Virgin Mobile has now been green dots since September!
    So, start of June, I applied for JD Williams. Got the initial £125 credit limit, so before it disappeared, I placed an order of about £73, wholly expecting it to be cancelled when they run the credit check. Order arrived, and I've had my first statement still showing the £125 limit. JD Williams have also added the account to my Equifax credit file (I assume the others as well) however they haven't done a credit search yet, according at least to Equifax!
    The minimum payment on the statement was £6, but I paid £15 and have set up a Direct Debit for £15 a month. I could just pay the balance off, however I want green dots from them! :D
    I have no doubt that they'll review the account after a few months to see if I'm behaving or whatever, notice they've not done a search, do one and swiftly close my account. We'll see how it goes though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure