NPower gas 'sculpting'

Options
1154155156157158160»

Comments

• outgoingzero
    outgoingzero Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this is answered previously in the thread - I've not read it all.

Simple question - if I don't use any Gas after March, and submit meter readings to confirm this (as I intentionally did on the last day in March) so Npower know I don't use Gas April - Oct, should I have to pay primary rates for those months? - and therefore less than 4572 primary unit in a year?

I've rang Npower and initially they said then the primary units would be allocated to another month - although that maybe was before I said my submitted meter reading showed months where I had used no Gas as they were arguing they couldn't tell when I was and wasn't using.

They are going to come back to me. We're only talking around £20 difference a year here - but it's £20 I'd rather have thanks.
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 June 2011 at 9:44AM
    Options
    No, you shouldn't be charged.

Edit: but, by the way, aren't you doing this the wrong way round? You should NOT try to limit all your readings to winter - if nPower overestimate a little and bleed an average over lower-capped months AND your useage is zero or minimum you should not be rushing up to correct them. It is only if they under-estimate your summer useage that you need to bother.

(Not that for a moment am I advocating deliberately and actively pursuing such a mischievous shenanigan.)
  • outgoingzero
    outgoingzero Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Right. They've come back to me after initially saying that they'd billed me correctly, and we've agreed they've charged me 462 primary units too many, which means a refund of £7.35 for my tariff (they are giving me £7.50).

I'll have to watch I don't get charged for summer/autumn units too which will be even more, but something to note for anyone in the same situation as me (probably not many people). Worth noting that if I hadn't submitted meter readings to show this at the right time I wouldn't have been able to argue my case.
  • outgoingzero
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    No, you shouldn't be charged.

Edit: but, by the way, aren't you doing this the wrong way round? You should NOT try to limit all your readings to winter - if nPower overestimate a little and bleed an average over lower-capped months AND your useage is zero or minimum you should not be rushing up to correct them. It is only if they under-estimate your summer useage that you need to bother.

(Not that for a moment am I advocating deliberately and actively pursuing such a mischievous shenanigan.)

Completely understand what you are saying - and if that were the case, I'd be keeping quiet as opposed to going out of my way to be charged more. However, in my case, all that happens is that primary rate units get allocated to Apr - Oct months and I'd still get charged maximum primary units in the winter months as the heating has to go on.

So this bill where they've been left to their own devices they overcharged me. If I can be charged less than the 4572 primary cap so much the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure