Real life MMD: Do I punish the cleaner?

1161718192022»

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    poet123 wrote: »
    With regard to the toiletries, the bag was a gift, for a significant birthday, and I buy Jo Malone via Ebay generally, or receive it as gifts because friends and family know I like it.

Xmas & birthdays are ideal for luxuries.

No one wants something they normally buy themselves, presents are for stuff you would like but it seems a little extravagant.

For example Jo Malone shower gel instead of Dove & a Mulberry toilet bag instead of a Boots one:D

Or a Mulberry bag:smileyhea
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    neilpost wrote: »
    Some (not yours) people's sniffy underlying opinions that many Housekeeping staff are likely theves is way off mark. About as likely as your binman rifleing through your recycling, so they can steal your identity and make off with ££thousands.

I honestly wouldn't expect it to be stolen from my room.

Hence I wouldn't dream of putting my perfume or face cream in the safe or a locked case.
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    neilpost wrote: »
    Although I'm not not religious, for those who are, Extravagance isone of the 7 deadly sins.............................:D
    Is that a new religion :D Extravagance is not a sin; it can be vulgar though but then again it depends on the life you lead ie if you're charitable etc and your capacities. What matters to me is that if I've subscribed to being a liberal, then I need to realise that it's not me to judge what constitutes extravagance for someone else.

I genuinely dislike it when mse'rs try to decide what is money saving for me - you don't know my capacities or principles I live by. One of my principles is to be dteached to money and possessions as practicable as possible; so I'll spend as I please and refuse to weep over loss, likewise I expect no one to weep over it as well. Am done on this one - this going round in circles is making me giddy :D
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    I dont think anyone would expect toiletries to be stolen, and it would certainly not occur to me to lock them in the safe!

Nor do I think the general consensus was that the items had been stolen, or that most housekeeping staff are lightfingered, rather the idea that if they had been stolen, it was no more acceptable for it to have happned in Turkey than it would be if it happened here. Honesty is honesty and should be expected wherever you holiday.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    MrsE wrote: »
    Its lovely:D

I need this for work

http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5488/496/category/

I think its a birthday or xmas jobbie:)

Have I told you where to get Mulberry cheap(er)?;)

Lovely bag, you need it do you ?:rotfl:I am sure that having a daughter you can be more subtle than I am able to be when "suggesting " xmas/birthday gifts. If I am not explicit (usually via my sil) then the wrong thing turns up:D five men need a lot of help in that direction!

Factory shop in Somerset? I will get down there in the summer I think.
  • MrsE_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    poet123 wrote: »
    Lovely bag, you need it do you ?:rotfl:I am sure that having a daughter you can be more subtle than I am able to be when "suggesting " xmas/birthday gifts. If I am not explicit (usually via my sil) then the wrong thing turns up:D five men need a lot of help in that direction!

Factory shop in Somerset? I will get down there in the summer I think.

Factory shop in Somerset is the best & Bicester is good too.
  • Lorac29_2
    Lorac29_2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Well am almost a month late with my reply, but what a great thread, it has everything! Slanging matches, abuse, racism, judgements.......highly entertaining :rotfl::rotfl:
    Have no idea what I would do about the toiletries though! Would depend how I felt at the time ie: ripped off or full of pity.
    Sorry am not helpful, just wanted to add something :)
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport