Help with nursery fees

I am a disabled mum who struggles at home with an extremely bright and demanding 3 yr old..She gets angry with me as I am often not able to entertain her and take her out...I get 15 hr funding for nursery but sh needs more....There are many days when I know she is angry as I cannot play or dance or take her out...She needs to be with other people and be learning things...I really need her to have 4 full days at nursery and when she does 4 days she is a much happier and loving child at home...I am now looking at paying £100 plus a week for these extra hours and it is killing me ...I use her maintenance as part of it but it increases again in January...Please does anyone know if there is help for us ...she is limited because of our condition I have to spend a fortune keeping house warm as we feel the cold...We have E.D.S...Our skin is thin and we can sublax our joints if not careful...If anyone knows how I can keep her in nursery please can you tell me...lots of help for disabled children but seems difficult to find help for disabled parents....

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ...she is limited because of our condition I have to spend a fortune keeping house warm as we feel the cold...We have E.D.S...Our skin is thin and we can sublax our joints if not careful...

If your daughter has additional care needs as a result of this condition, have you looked into Child's DLA?

Have you contacted your energy supplier to see if you are on the cheapest tariff / can get the £140 Warm Home Scheme?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure