Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 November 2018 at 7:34PM
    matelodave wrote: »
    I dont think they are much worse than IRESA to whom I gave monthly readings which they ignored for the whole time I was with them.

I was advised, via a post on this forum, to give IRESA a reading on the last day of the month - no earlier. Once I started doing this, the readings they quoted in the bills was correct. Never had any other problem with IRESA.

Just one of those things in life I suppose. Every energy supplier must have some customers for whom they just can't get things right. I've never had any real problems with any energy supplier over many years of chasing good fixed deals. It seems like my luck has finally run out!

Next time I'm going to take screen shots of everything I see on the way to signing up to a new deal, plus of course copies of all communications. I just never thought I'd need to take screenshots of the offer web pages. A poster (netloser) on the other Eversmart thread has a screenshot of the 'Fixed' offer screen but can't post it. I've offered some help as to how to do that, so let's see. It might come in useful if/when Eversmart say 'we never offered a fixed deal'.
  • billp42
    billp42 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'd be more than a bit aware of the so-called Family Saver offer. Pay a year up front , then you'll really have a problem if they go bust next month.
  • Have just tried to ring them to speak to the person who was “helping” with issues around my closing bill as I hadn’t heard from them since 29/10. I left them at the end of August. I can’t stress enough that I could not recommend them in their current state and would also be very wary about any deal that requires payment a year in advance. Their administration is a shambles. I would be very surprised if they are still in business in a year’s time.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Ferengi47 wrote: »
    Have just tried to ring them to speak to the person who was “helping” with issues around my closing bill as I hadn’t heard from them since 29/10. I left them at the end of August. I can’t stress enough that I could not recommend them in their current state and would also be very wary about any deal that requires payment a year in advance. Their administration is a shambles. I would be very surprised if they are still in business in a year’s time.

Almost six weeks since I left them and no sign of a final bill and they are still taking payment via direct debit. Will be lodging a complaint soon.
  • JohnB47
    thelight wrote: »
    Almost six weeks since I left them and no sign of a final bill and they are still taking payment via direct debit. Will be lodging a complaint soon.

Why not stop the DD? Or would your credit rating be somehow badly effected?
  • Fontana
    Fontana Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    thelight wrote: »

They are hopeless. They couldn't organise a [STRIKE]gang[/STRIKE] sorry proverbial in a brothel.

I have the opposite problem with our friends at Eversmart. I'm still a customer and they cancelled my direct debit. I've contacted them three times about this. They promise to reinstate it but nothing happens. Last month I had to phone them and make a card payment. It was due again today. It didn't happen.

They need to get that Nigerian guy from Iresa in as a consultant. He's a consummate professional compared with this lot.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Why not stop the DD? Or would your credit rating be somehow badly effected?

From what I've read in other supplier threads this can disrupt the refund process if I ever do get a final bill so I'll just make sure I have enough money in there to pay it till its sorted.
  • googled in Eversmart, for news, and found this about its "ambitious" founder Barney Cook

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/eversmart-energy-manchester-barney-cook-14694195

like I posted previously, only paying 2/3rds of what the big six charge so relatively happy
  • earlsgate wrote: »
    googled in Eversmart, for news, and found this about its "ambitious" founder Barney Cook

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/eversmart-energy-manchester-barney-cook-14694195

like I posted previously, only paying 2/3rds of what the big six charge so relatively happy

...“expansion plans are to reach 500,000 domestic customers by 2021” :eek:
  • JohnB47
    ...“expansion plans are to reach 500,000 domestic customers by 2021” :eek:

By offering 'Guaranteed Price' tariffs, then attempting to renege, claiming that they made a mistake.
    :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport