Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mbluffy
    • By mbluffy 7th Nov 18, 12:40 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mbluffy
    7 WOW
    Ikea Advent Calendar and vouchers
    • 7th Nov 18, 12:40 AM
    7 WOW
    Ikea Advent Calendar and vouchers 7th Nov 18 at 12:40 AM
    Ive just read the article regarding the Ikea advent calendars with at least a £10 voucher. I understand that there is a restriction of 4 calendars per customer, so I guess each customer can get at least £40 worth of vouchers. I just wondered if the terms and conditons on the vouchers restricted how many vouchers you could use in a single transaction?
Page 1
    • CupofTea
    • By CupofTea 7th Nov 18, 1:12 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 3,589 Thanks
    CupofTea
    • 7th Nov 18, 1:12 AM
    • 7th Nov 18, 1:12 AM
    Nothing to say it can't be stacked but certain stores have taken it upon themselves to say one per transaction. Maybe something to call head office about.
    Cup of Tea?
    • shortone
    • By shortone 7th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    shortone
    • 7th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    I have just been to my local store in Belfast. There is a notice above the saying due to a technical error the £5 voucher is missing & to ask for it at the till. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this & is there no voucher inside??
    • mbluffy
    • By mbluffy 7th Nov 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mbluffy
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:44 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:44 PM
    Doesnt appear to be a clear policy set by HQ on how many vouchers you can use per transaction, be awesome if anyone with a voucher can post the ts and Cs please.

So I guess there will be inconsistent decisions by the local stores. Seems that there is a restriction of 1 calendar per customer, but various blogs seem to indicate that there is local deviation in this.
    • gill5blue
    • By gill5blue 9th Nov 18, 7:29 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    gill5blue
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:29 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:29 AM
    I have just been to my local store in Belfast. There is a notice above the saying due to a technical error the £5 voucher is missing & to ask for it at the till. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this & is there no voucher inside??
    Originally posted by shortone
    The vouchers are £10 minimum in England not £5.

HTH
    Gill
    January GC £ spent £ Jan

No 19 Womble £0.22
    • 7decoeur
    • By 7decoeur 9th Nov 18, 11:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    7decoeur
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:03 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:03 AM
    The fact they give a separate voucher at the till suggests to me both can't be used in a single transaction, otherwise the could have saved paper and changed the values of the voucher inside the calendar. My question is would a voucher be valid for xmas trees. Could you purchase the calendar then a tree with just one trip to Hell?
    • WallaceEMann
    • By WallaceEMann 9th Nov 18, 11:48 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WallaceEMann
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:48 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:48 AM
    I went to the Warrington branch yesterday. They pilulked them from sale because people were buying 10-15 at a time despite there being a two per customer stipulation. People must have been going through the self-service counters and doing a few transactions a time. There’s always some who ruin it for the rest
    • Pixieju
    • By Pixieju 9th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pixieju
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    I was allowed to buy 2 at the wednesbury store so I have four vouchers yet I’ve been told by ikea head office they were wrong to do that and I can only use 2 vouchers per transaction. Yet the sun newspaper says you can use multiple vouchers! Need more clarity on this otherwise there will be bedlam at the tills come 1st December
    • melb
    • By melb 9th Nov 18, 6:15 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    melb
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:15 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:15 PM
    where is the voucher within the calendar itself please? is it behind one of the numbers?
    • AnonYay
    • By AnonYay 9th Nov 18, 8:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    AnonYay
    Just to clear a few questions up as I work in Ikea. On the back of the calendars there has been a misprint, so they were originally only meant to come with one voucher in and then a few here and there would get the extra vouchers. However, they messed up and wrote on the back that you were guaranteed a second voucher, this is why the signs are up saying to please ask for an extra voucher at the tills, they didn't intend for this to happen. As for the number of vouchers you can use, there is no limit. There is nothing on the rear of the vouchers to say that you can only use 1 per transaction and I have clarified with my managers that this is the case. As for the number you are allowed to purchase, UK informed managers within the stores that they could make a store decision as to how many could be purchased. Each calendar has a note on the back saying only one calendar per person, however, this was overruled in most stores as most set the limit to 4 per person. I have heard that there was an incident in the Bristol store where they removed the limit and a customer purchased around 40 boxes, 12 in each box, to purchase a kitchen. They then set the limit back to one per person because they realised they messed up a little. The vouchers come in the rear of the calendars, so you have to open them from the top and just put your hand down inside to grab the voucher. Also, they can be used to purchase Christmas trees. So the trees normally come in around the first week of December, so just go to the tills and say you would like to make a purchase with the vouchers. There is nothing on the back of the vouchers saying you cannot do that. Hope this answers everyone's questions.
    • Becksq
    • By Becksq 10th Nov 18, 4:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Becksq
    We went to IKEA Croydon today (10.11.18). They had a policy of 5 per transaction. We had 3 of us so did a transaction each. They gave you the £5 voucher at the till and there is a voucher in each calendar. So sounds like probaba different stores and even maybe different staff have their own rules?
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 13th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    Where are the advent calendars found ?
    Could one of you good folks tell me where exactly instore the advent calendars are kept ?

If they are classed as food - which I guess they are - I assume you have to pay for them in the IKEA FOOD section.

Or can you pay for them using the same tills as you would for furnishings etc ?

I asked because I have an IKEA FAMILY till voucher to spend, and wondered if the advent calendar (whatever quantity is permitted) could be added to my trolley so that I can redeem the voucher in 1 transaction rather than having to split my spend into 2 transactions.

My nearest store is Southampton.
    • southgirl
    • By southgirl 13th Nov 18, 7:35 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    southgirl
    I called the customer service today as didn't want to drive all the way to find them out of stock. I was assured that there are plenty in Wembley store.

On arrival I could not locate them and a member of staff was helping me sying they had plenty of them. None cpould be located and I was sent to the manager who said because of a typo on the box they had to pull them from the floor. Then customer services in the store came out with the sold out excuse. Such a wasted journey!

Was anyone been able to get any calendars today?
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 14th Nov 18, 2:16 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    No details on website
    As southgirl has said, it's a wasted journey if IKEA have no control of what stock is available. There's no details of these advent calendars on their website.

For me, it's a 60 mile round trip to my nearest IKEA !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,305Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Please show your son and any other student panicking over the 'huge interest' on student loans, this guide - it may? https://t.co/Zlqi3MVUJw

• I love this tweet. So many who are anti tuition fees think that by explaining current system, I'm somehow taking a? https://t.co/FQ3HugjTgq

• I'm often asked "if students don't repay who does". Yet its not quite as simple as that, if you're interested its? https://t.co/38g9dOPNgo

• Follow Martin