PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, can I be put down for my usual £80 for the month. I keep it at that, as I can work out at the end of the year, what the yearly total was, by deducting the underspend, which gets allocated to a bulk fund. I'm still on April 'till the end. Good luck everyone.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would like to try for €500 this month, seem to be spending a fortune since 4 of my adult children, one son in law and 3 grandchildren are back living with us on a temporary basis.......not sure how temporary and they are paying rent etc., but I never seem to have a cent anymore.....only way is to check each spend made.

Thanks

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Could you put me down for £400 please. That's for the whole 31 days and includes 2 birthdays and an anniversary.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Hello everyone! Could you please put me down for €400 that will last from May 1st – 31st. Thank you and have a good weekend all!
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    Hiya
    can I be put down for £350 this month please?
    its a five week month for me, 26th april - 31st may :(
    I managed to keep at about £65 a week in april so im being a bit generous but ive got a family meal to organise in may :)
    ive just had a slight salary increase of around £700/yr so hopefully this month wont be as tight as usual!
    that's for me and my 3 older teenagers (all at college).

good luck at sticking to your budgets everyone!
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    GC for Highland Fling will be £160
    Thank you
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would like to be in for £200 again please.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 April 2018 at 9:22AM
    Options
    I'm in for £200 again.
    May for me runs from 26th April - 24th May so a nice 4 week month to try and get a handle on my spending again!

Thanks for keeping the budgets up to date Coxy

First commitment already made for an Ocad0 shop - £50.22. I did my usual trick of doing a live chat and asking if I have any vouchers, yet again they gave me a £10 voucher which definitely wasn't emailed through to me, so this is always worth doing!

Could've skipped doing an Ocad0 order this month but needed toothbrush heads and they do them 1/3 off and with a voucher it works out free for me. Just used the rest of the shop to buy more things for my household stocks - nothing urgently needed but like I said I will use it all and needed the toothbrush heads.

Also actually needed plughole unblocker - my bath is TERRIBLE and frequently gets clogged - not with hair or anything that I can tell, it's certainly not around the plug, but as a relatively modern house I think it's small pipes with a funny bend - anyway I have to make the one exception to my eco friendly cleaning rule for it as the eco stuff doesn't touch it sadly. Anyway it was on offer for £3 so I got a couple so I can have one in the cupboard for next time.
    Also got what I think will be all the tofu I need for May, plus stock cubes, kitchen roll, 27 loo rolls (I stock up while on 3 for 2 offer!) and so on - all the random things you go through without thinking about it!

I will need a small Sup3rdug shop for the remaining few toiletries bits but that's me good for the month then - should be less than a tenner in there. This will leave me about £35 a week for my food shop which sounds more then do-able. And it is - AS LONG AS I PLAN.

...............................£200 Budget
    Date.......Shop......Amount....Remaining
    26 Apr.....Ocad0.....£50.22....£149.78(STOCK)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    I had a smiliar problem with my sink elsiepac - theres some sort of valve in the outlet pipe that sticks so the water doesn't drain properly .. I find just pouring boiling water down the plughole solves the smell/slow empty ... and about once a month I bung some bleach down there if I don't have any vinegar and bicarb :)
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    I have been starting and stopping the grocery challenge for a while now. Do really well for so long and then flip back into excessive spending. Having just added up receipts, I am shocked at how much I spent last month for three (sometimes four of us) and two dogs :eek:

I need to try and get a handle on this for May as we have a couple of large bills coming in so, £300 for the coming month, please.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure