Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 8:51PM
    M has been changing its frozen ready meals (as you've now gathered).

I think all versions of M frozen ready meals that have a "new" version will have an old one somewhere at RTC prices (generally around 74p-77p). I do know that, unfortunately, most Ms for me now have stocks of only new product and the freezer sections now do look very expensive in those stores (the majority of stores) to me:rotfl:. There is still stock of old product in some stores (you'll just be lucky as to what you have, if you have anything at all) but it is diminished in some and has gone from most that I've seen. That said, I had quite some stock of old-style Beef Slices in Gravy still left in one store:rotfl:. Some of these items, freezer items, may stick around for several months if they are not bought (even if they are gone from most stores). I still had the old product of that, together with new-style stock of the Curry products with 77p "RTC" SELs:rotfl:.

I've just checked msm - no Curry & Rice 400g on there at all in M:rotfl:. There is the fresh M Savers:rotfl: product that comes up if you put the store's name in the search box but none of the relevant products at all. So, I can't tell from that method if there are other old versions at suspected 77p. (I was looking to see if the new products at £1.45 - whatever price they are - were on there, in order then to imply the existence of an old one at RTC prices.) The old ones will not be on there since they have gone onto clearance and then gone offline (probably cleared out of Leamington entirely, so drop offline at that point) and the new ones are too new to have been put onto m.com yet.

There are some branded products that have been (are?) on known or suspected RTC as well. They include a small number of the Bisto meals, but they have cleared completely for me - I've had 13 stores no trace since I saw those and only ever caught a brief sight of an indication of them (SELs still up but all product gone). I am starting to think they won't be anywhere now (which is probably a fantastically good sign:rotfl:... I always find something immediately after I think M won't have it anywhere at all!!) - but that 77p on the few Bistos (I only know for sure that two of them were/are, but I suspect five in total as the three others have vanished without trace from every store I've been to) did seem to have been very popular as soon as it was put up on the shelves and seems to have cleared them out. The Low Low meals - I probably do not have all of them on my list! - I also now suspect to be RTC as they were also 77p (although no indication of any RTC) in one of my stores although I've now lost them completely from everywhere:rotfl:. (So, I was going to say "I... suspect to have been RTC..." - as they've gone for me, for now - but I am "sure" that they will be in a small number of Ms still - even if in none of the stores I've visited - and therefore still are RTC.)
  • Just been corrected he's 3. It is quite daunting as he's bigger than the hereford bull. I'm not that comfortable with the cows as they are so big. But they love OH.
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Good evening Elite folk

I have been MIA for a while.

DS1 has gone back to the far east today to live, so rather piddled off... why can't kids just keep living at home (it has been lovely having him home for 3 months!)

I will have to try to catch up x
  • Sunshinemummy
    finlay wrote: »
    You can't drink duty free you have purchased in the airport at the airport.
    tbw wrote: »
    I have no idea if you would be allowed to open a bottle in public - but you could take it into the loo and decant it into an empty juice bottle or similar (like fruit shoot bottles). Not quite the same as in a nice glass but OK at a pinch. I expect you'd get away with that if you really wanted a drink.

I would just recommend cracking it open and slugging it back quickly before you get caught!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 9:20PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    M has been changing its frozen ready meals (as you've now gathered).

I think all versions of M frozen ready meals that have a "new" version will have an old one somewhere at RTC prices (generally around 74p-77p). [...]

[...] that 77p on the few Bistos (I only know for sure that two of them were/are, but I suspect five in total as the three others have vanished without trace from every store I've been to) did seem to have been very popular as soon as it was put up on the shelves and seems to have cleared them out.

[...]

You have to play Savvy's "implication game" you see. Go to M, see a new frozen ready meal and imply the existence of an old one.

And... it's also not just what is present. It's about what is absent that is significant as that tells you more!:D (...I've discovered that about life as well - what is not said often tells you more...:doh: Other people know what it says. I still don't know what it tells me though:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.)

(At least, that is, absent from stores I've visited and, hopefully, present somewhere else:rotfl:.)

I'm being cautious again in that last post. The Bistos have completely gone for me (they were never in stock in the first place in the place when I caught the two 77p SELs, and I noticed them nowhere else thereafter) and I've not seen anything anywhere ever since. So, I could say they have gone (:eek: but I know how wrong that will turn out to be). But, really, if they have gone, I should be saying the 77p was very popular and they have cleared out. In effect, certainly on my stores so far, I saying precisely that. However...

It may seem unlikely - particularly as I am, at least so far, not finding them anywhere (yet it was twice as many stores to find the Princes Red Salmon that was clearly available as people here were saying so). I may think that the 77p RTC price is likely to have cleared them from everywhere - however, certainly based on past experience now, I would never think that anything ever was truly cleared entirely from every store across Great Britain. There may be a small number - could even be a handful? - of stores that, even with 77p, have not entirely cleared out of all stock or else an odd pack lies hidden behind other stock of different products or has got mixed up or put somewhere else in the freezer and has not been bought. I think it is unlikely. Which means it is almost a definite certainty - since 1 out of 500 is unlikely and that will be a store in the country!

Who's got the store that never put the RTC SELs up then?:rotfl::rotfl:

I know that it has been (and probably, somewhere, is) 375g meals: Bisto Beef Lasagne and Spaghetti Bolognese. I suspect it has been (and is) Cottage Pie and Chicken and Minced Beef Hotpots too.

That's if you think 77p for those meals is worth buying:rotfl:. If you can find them at all. It's clearly a "have a look if you are there" situation again, and you probably won't have luck but you might.

Of course, it doesn't "seem to have cleared them out" at all if you are in store and happen to find them:rotfl::rotfl:. So my OP is wrong. But I mean "seems to have cleared them out from the stores I have been in".
  • Sunshinemummy
    LEJC wrote: »
    Mrs HG...are you still up for a frugal month?

We were wondering about having a go either Sept or Oct or is that too close to your traditional Feb....

Anyone else fancy a frugal month and post our results going through....

I really could do with having a really frugal month.... I also need to find my mojo again!

:D:D:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Is everyone down the pub or am I missing a huge glitch?

lol
  • Is everyone down the pub or am I missing a huge glitch?

lol

I was wondering the same lol
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • I really could do with having a really frugal month.... I also need to find my mojo again!

:D:D:D

WHat would a frugal month entail? I have been massively overspending lately.

After bills I would have almost £1000 left to spend but I'm scrabbling around at the end of the month and could only track about £750 last month. Need to pull my socks up and sort myself out
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • Sunshinemummy
    WHat would a frugal month entail? I have been massively overspending lately.

After bills I would have almost £1000 left to spend but I'm scrabbling around at the end of the month and could only track about £750 last month. Need to pull my socks up and sort myself out

I think it depends on what you have in the store cupboard.... and how many people you need to feed.

We now have 4 adults (instead of 5) and a dog so I would ideally like to spend £100 for the month on food. I have done this before, but at that time there were loads of glitches... either there are no glitches now.. or I am missing them!

I do want to stack the freezer up with brambles for the winter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure