Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Comments

• about to be 4 weeks on Wednesday since we went to application... I hate this waiting around.
  • Hi Folks, First post, be gentle :)

Just applied for a mortgage, first time buyer, and we were recommended Kensington due to my adverse credit history back in 2013/14. Now we have received a DiP Cert and alsoa KFI doc, which is key facts and this proposes payment schedule . So far in the DiP they have requested 3 months statements showing rent being paid , but i sent a years worth

Now we have sent aload of docs that were collated from a previous broker over to Kensington, we have also just paid valuation fee (Monday)

With all of the above , do you think there stands a good chance of it being approved, my partners history is perfect, we have put down £28k dep which is 15% LTV (£185k)

As i said this is a first time experiance for me and my nerves are shot as i dont want to mess it all up for my partner :(
  • Damocooley wrote: »
    4/4/18 DIP Receieved
    5/4/18 Application submitted
    6/4/18 Valuation Instructed. Asked for 3 months payslips and clarity on my employment address (Payroll address is Livingstone)

Awaiting anxiously.......

Just to update.

Valuation was completed 10/4/18

No further requests for information, lots of our FA chasing for updates. Was with the underwriters and then sent to final underwriter.

16/4/18. Formal mortgage offer received for full amount !!!128513;!!!9786;!!!65039;:beer::j:j:T
  • Damocooley wrote: »
    Just to update.

Valuation was completed 10/4/18

No further requests for information, lots of our FA chasing for updates. Was with the underwriters and then sent to final underwriter.

16/4/18. Formal mortgage offer received for full amount !!!128513;!!!9786;!!!65039;:beer::j:j:T

Congratulations. My valuation was done last Monday. came back and for the full amount.
    Just awaiting the final decision, hoping to hear today or tomorrow now
  • First post joining the Kensington Thread

28/03/18 DIP received
    10/04/18 house viewed & offer accepted
    20/04/18 full application made (delay due to buyer of our property changing solicitors) requested 3 months bank statements
  • 25/04/18 request to show last 36 months mortgage payments and confirmation of redemption balance
  • we used Kensington for our FTB mortgage in 2013 when i had numerous defaults and missed payments and my husband was self empoyed.

The whole process took about 4 months in total but this was to do with us having bits of the deposit scattered about and me not being organised.

We are now doing a repurchase and sticking with kensington as they can offer us the amoutn we want. Application went ina few days ago, have paid valuation fee. Already been asked for SA302's from when husand was self employed and previous statements. If you are patient and organised then its fine, just get a good broker who knows their processes. It does get there eventually and when you are with them i have found they are great! we even pay our mortgage on the 15th when im paid and that wasnt a problem for them to do.

just waiting now :D
  • anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Application gone in with Kensington yesterday - already documented the issues I've had on here trying to get a mortgage elsewhere.

Application yesterday, AIP today, just waiting for the questions/document requests/valuations now. Fingers crossed!
  • Steveg63
    Steveg63 Posts: 9 Forumite
    shell2006 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking which broker did you go with
    14th May 18, 12:57 PM
    Brunswick Homeloans - Peter, brilliant
  • anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    anfieldred wrote: »
    Application gone in with Kensington yesterday - already documented the issues I've had on here trying to get a mortgage elsewhere.

Application yesterday, AIP today, just waiting for the questions/document requests/valuations now. Fingers crossed!

Valuation booked for next week. Been painless so far really - they've only asked for bank statements/payslips, and names of previous employers as not been in my current role that long. Fingers crossed the valuation goes through at the right amount now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback