What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 10/07

Comments

• Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. Drastic I know but I will be deleting the hungryhouse app from my phone.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    fosterae wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. Drastic I know but I will be deleting the hungryhouse app from my phone.

I like your style!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Chandelier, I have claimed a couple of times on my (son's) phone insurance and each time there has been a #70 excess to pay. If you have had your phone for some time (and therefore it's now not the most current model) have you checked to see how much it would cost to replace second hand?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Foxgloves have you looked at the free wills network. We did ours recently through them with the NT (you just fill in a simple form on the website) and they send you a form to give to solicitor. Ours was lovely and gave us additional pointers. We've made a donation when they get executed to NT in return, which is a) on,y fair for the service and b) is fair given how much time we've already used their facilities and enjoyed their cake ;) worth a look.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: was working till very late last night an up early this morning for a day long meeting meaning I'll get nothing done and have to work again when I get home! Just having a coffee and catching up on here before I go at it for the day :)

List for the day:

Check banking, no movement, so made a PAD :D
    Getting lunch provided in meeting but taking some healthy snacks so not ;)tempted by biscuits
    Hot drink for commute
    No washing on as it's going to rain, rain, rain later. Will save it and do it tonight.
    Something from freezer/planner for tea
    Make a cake later if I have time, maybe a throw it all in the breadmaker type one :o
    Last of left over fruit salad from the weekend for breakfast
    Quick shower using timer and then let hair dry naturally

Enjoy your days everyone. Purps.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning Campers,
    Thanks PurpleFairy - I have heard of the Free Wills network.....I think the issue is that we need legally to 'undo' our 'Tenancy in Common' first, as we no longer wish to pass on our property in that way. May need a conveyancer/land registry for that bit x

Today isn't a big planned day of money saving but will be keeping the faith: cheap overnight laundry tonight (big rain forecast today), rubber pork will be used up for tonight's meal, more knitting of Christmas gift, all the usual little good habits. I need to do a bit of local political stuff & I also plan to do some writing & research, so will be busy. I don't have the car so it will definitely be an NSD.
    Wishing everyone a productive day,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning pals :wave:

Welcome along Chandelier :wave:

I can hear the rain battering down on the conservatory roof - putting me off getting ready/walking to work but I do like the exercise - must keep reminding myself of the positives!!

Work has been a bit hectic but the main cause of my headache is in training all day today so hopefully I will get some work done rather than be distracted. :p She is annoying me more than usual because she has told me she is going to hand in her notice. Get on and do it then! And don't ask me to train you in the meantime...!

Not much on the cards - just the usual with cheapo porridge brekkie and packed lunch (HM pot noodle), batch cooking tonight (should keep us out of trouble the rest of the week).

I'm also looking for a new pair of sketchers go walk, a new pair of converse and a new pair of walking boots - not a lot if you say it quick!! I could definitely live without the converse, but the go walk is great for walking to work (my old pair lasted until the sole wore down completely so I know they will be a great deal) and my walking boots are at the stage where I can feel every little rock/stone on the road... Looking for the best deals..

Also need to get on with kitchen shenanigans as we put it on hold - still need to find a plasterer/tiler :think:
  • La_escocesa
    Forumite
    Oh, did I tell you I sorted my mortgage? Went onto another deal with current provider. Didn't change the term so that meant I could switch online with no checks, not needing to send any evidence etc. Was v happy with the deal - moving from 3.45% to 1.23%. :T I could've gone for an even lower rate of 1.18% but that came with a higher fee so didn't bother as works out as more over the 2y fixed IYSWIM.

Next time I may look to reduce the term/pay more per month, but seems silly to do that while we have higher interest stuff to pay off.

Glad I didn't need to go through their mortgage advisor as he was looking into 'paying off the loan and adding it to the mortgage'. What? So not paying it off at all?!
  • La_escocesa
    Forumite
    I'm also looking for a new pair of sketchers go walk, a new pair of converse and a new pair of walking boots - not a lot if you say it quick!! I could definitely live without the converse, but the go walk is great for walking to work (my old pair lasted until the sole wore down completely so I know they will be a great deal)

Result! Prime Day deal Sketchers were £60...down to £19.54...then 20% off for prime day and then I save 3% by buying a gift card through my work's loyalty scheme! :D I am well chuffed with that! £15 for a £60 pair of sketchers. :cool:

OK, I will stop spamming the thread now and go get ready for work!!!
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    La escocesa, that's a great deal. I've just had a gander myself but couldn't find anything worth buying.

It's raining here today and it looks very wet and miserable outside. I'm not doing much outside the house today, just pottering around inside finishing jobs off.

I think I am going to cancel the mobile phone insurance. I'm going to look into how to do that later. My phone is no longer sold but there are plenty of other cheaper options I could use as if it came to needing a replacement or repair. This reminds me I must buy a new hard drive to back my photos up on. I had one before but can no longer find it anywhere in the house. It seems to be lost and it had all the boys baby photos and photos from past six years on. I can't understand for the life of me where it could have gone. I'm still sad now.

Anyhow today's to do list:-

- Check banking.
    - Cancel phone insurance.
    - Compare car insurance and haggle down price (due 1st Sep).
    - Research hard drives.
    - Pick boy up from school.
    - Do some baking with boy.
    - Sort out paperwork (lots to do)
    - Scan order form online and send payment (a hooded top for boys show).

That's pretty much it for now I think.. unless I find something else to do :rotfl:
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts