Help with feedback

Hope someone can guide me as to appropriate feedback to leave.

I bought identical item, same size, from this seller in an auction which ended 30th May and paid (slightly more) immediately. This buyer who bought the item after me has obviously received theirs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Joules-New-Season-W-Harbour-Anemone-Floral-Top-UK-14-/152561123258

Estimated delivery date was 5th June, but on 8th June I noticed item was not even marked as dispatched and I'd heard nothing from seller. I 'opened a request':cool: saying I still wanted the item but still heard nothing from seller. Today I got an email saying a full refund had been made. A message from seller says he 'sent one out 2 weeks ago but it must have got lost in the post'.

I'm not out of pocket. What feedback would be appropriate?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 June 2017 at 5:58PM
    badger09 wrote: »
    Hope someone can guide me as to appropriate feedback to leave.

I bought identical item, same size, from this seller in an auction which ended 30th May and paid (slightly more) immediately. This buyer who bought the item after me has obviously received theirs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Joules-New-Season-W-Harbour-Anemone-Floral-Top-UK-14-/152561123258

Estimated delivery date was 5th June, but on 8th June I noticed item was not even marked as dispatched and I'd heard nothing from seller. I 'opened a request':cool: saying I still wanted the item but still heard nothing from seller. Today I got an email saying a full refund had been made. A message from seller says he 'sent one out 2 weeks ago but it must have got lost in the post'.

I'm not out of pocket. What feedback would be appropriate?

I cannot link to the item as I'm on my phone. Apologies if that is particularly relevant.

If the seller sent the item and you didn't receive it, but you opened a request and got a full refund, I'm struggling to see the issue? Or do you think the item was never sent? Probably best to move on. Things go missing. You haven't had to fight tooth and nail for a refund.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I cannot link to the item as I'm on my phone. Apologies if that is particularly relevant.

If the seller sent the item and you didn't receive it, but you opened a request and got a full refund, I'm struggling to see the issue? Or do you think the item was never sent? Probably best to move on. Things go missing. You haven't had to fight tooth and nail for a refund.

Thanks. You're probably right. I do think it was never sent, but that's probably clouding my judgement. Seller has a few negative feedback because items not received.

I'd still like to know what feedback would be appropriate?
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You have no way of knowing what really happened. You also got your refund without a fight. So I'd just leave positive saying it never arrived and you were refunded. Its frustrating and disappointing but there is little you can do. Unless you know 100% it wasn't sent you can't really leave a negative
  • Huskydays
    Huskydays Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Unless you know 100% it wasn't sent you can't really leave a negative
    ^I agree with this.

Remember, feedback isn't mandatory, you don't have to leave any.
    A witty saying proves nothing
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I think positive is pushing it a bit, I think I'd either leave nothing or neutral.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    We leave in a feedback-obsessed culture; don't obsess! If you aren't sure what to say, don't leave feedback.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I agree, feedback is a measure of both the recipient and the seller, rather than an internet consensus. Sorry to sound a bit Zen but look inside yourself when wondering what feedback to leave! ;)
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thanks for all your thoughts.

Seller reacts rather aggressively to any Neutral or Negative feedback, so rather than leave anything short of Positive, which doesn't feel right, I won't leave any.
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    If you paid similar amount for P&P as the other item and the seller could you produce a tracking number or a plausible cause, I would assume it was not sent at all (for whatever reason) and leave a neg or neutral.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    qsk wrote: »
    If you paid similar amount for P&P as the other item and the seller could you produce a tracking number or a plausible cause, I would assume it was not sent at all (for whatever reason) and leave a neg or neutral.

I disagree about the tracking, I send mainly large letter size items and never use tracking, if someone expected me to provide tracking and I refunded them would that mark me as a scammer or just a pragmatic seller who knows I can't win an INR case?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure