Sky Q

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gavgooner wrote: »
    I am a existing customer & I can upgrade to skyQ for £30 for the 2tb box & £30 for mini box.
    What do you suggest would be the advantage of this "upgrade" ? Do you have a UHD TV set? Are the multiple tuners worth £60 plus an increased monthly subscription?

Sky Q is hardly essential and has numerous reported bugs.
  • The advantage for me would be paying £12 a month for multiscreen, can I have up to 4 boxes. With the normal Sky+ multiscreen if I had 4 boxes I would be paying £48 a month.also can watch football in 4K. I have just cancelled Sky & went on live chat a day after & was offered 60% off & £50 credit on my account.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The advantage for me would be paying £12 a month for multiscreen, can I have up to 4 boxes.
    You pay nearly £100 each for the extra boxes though. The mini's are dependant on your internet.

The 60% offer won't be applied to Sky Q.

(If Sky were to offer such discounts on Sky Q, I'd be querying exactly why that might be the case. Sky Q is supposedly their top-of-the-range decoder;why would they discount it so soon after launch? )
  • You can carry over any discounts you have on your tv package to skyQ. I could get Sky family bundle & multiscreen for £27.20 month.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 12:11AM
    I am a existing customer & I can upgrade to skyQ for £30 for the 2tb box & £30 for mini box. What puts me of is for the 3rd box it's £99 which is expensive considering I wouldn't own the box! Does anyone have any better offers for existing customers for skyQ?
    Q is now to be had for £50 install (erm, smart features) and £35 a mth. Additional boxes at £99. But they're not yours to keep, as SKY have adopted the Virgin Media pay model. A change I agree with actually, as upon cancellation they become useless anyway. Plus of course free maintenance. But it is at the moment bug ridden.

Caveat Emptor. Let the rentor beware! :(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bubblegun wrote: »
    It's fantastic!
    Well worth the cost.

We went for it the box arrived today but can i adk you if you got a remote in the box or did the guy who set it up bring that ?
  • Just managed to get the deal below

Facts
    Exsisting Sky+ HD Customer
    Out of Contract
    No Offers on the account
    £95+ pm (Sky TV Services only)
    Process
    Closed my account
    Asked to be passed through to SkyQ Upgrades team, to discuss SkyQ (new to me at the time)
    Quoted the deal ad got the below:

- 50% discount on full Sky HD TV package (movies, sports, asian)
    - 1 x Sky Q 2Tb box
    - 2 x Sky Q Mini boxes
    - Moved from BT to SKY for Telephone services (£17.40)
    - Free unlimited internet for 12 months (no caps)

Upfront payment for loaned kit
    main box = £30
    mini box = £30
    additional box = £99
    £159 Total Upfront Payment

Used to pay
    BT: £40pm (telephone/internet)
    Sky: £90pm (skyTV)
    TOTAL: £130pm

Now paying Total for all services
    Sky: £80pm
  • bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    VisionMan wrote: »
    Q is now to be had for £50 install (erm, smart features) and £35 a mth. Additional boxes at £99. But they're not yours to keep, as SKY have adopted the Virgin Media pay model. A change I agree with actually, as upon cancellation they become useless anyway. Plus of course free maintenance. But it is at the moment bug ridden.

What "bug ridden" issues are you referring to?
    I haven't found any major issues.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forgive me. Its perfect and I made it up. My bad.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    VisionMan wrote: »

I've just, unsuccessfully tried to haggle a phone ADSL deal (actually went down from a free ADSL offer to just a half price one) and was told that Sky are concentrating on Q , having little interest in the communication side , but are find Q and the recent football expensive, so it appears all customers are to pay by having few deals....if they bother to stay (I will not be doing so).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure