PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Bunnytoo - keep posting and welcome! :j

Olliebeak - what a memory you have! :eek::D

let's see, what pleasures do I have.....

1) Home made pumpkin carrot and lentil soup - meaty tasting but ok. not drool worthy but nice and filling

2) Getting whoopsied wheaten for 80p and 2 garlic nan breads for 40p last night. Straight in the freezer.

3) Making creamy pasta last night - first time cooking pasta with cream or pesto so i winged it :D . Also made HM garlic bread to go with it. I'm a bad girl.....

4) Batch cooking some iceland chicken for the cat. She's not had any in a while, and she sat patiently the whole time it was cooking - no moaning or yapping, just sitting waiting licking her lips every so often !

5) Two friends saying kitty has fattened up and doesn't look at deaths door any more (cheered me up no end)

6) Having enough of last nights dinner bits to know I can make the same tonight with little effort

7) Buying and tasting chorizo as I'd never tasted it before. Already planning pizza with that!

8) Cycling to get my shopping last night and saving money i would have once wasted on a taxi (even though it killed me)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone. Reading everyone's positives is helping me chill out during a rather stressful time round our way, so thanks for sharing x I am determined not dwell on the negative stuff but despite this my face still swelled up all flushed yesterday when things kicked off and 24 hours later hasn't faded :( On the bright side though, I have:

1. My two beautiful girls who are just a pleasure to be with.

2. The joy of feeding my baby girl myself and seeing her smile up at me when she realises I am about to nurse her.

3. A roof over my head, food to eat and can pay the bills, due to...

4. My husband being able to work so to give me the chance to be at home with my girls.

5. Hung out the washing on the line, which always gives me a feel-good boost.
    Love and compassion to all x
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Hi everyone there's going to be a lot of dry washing taken in later today by the sound of it. Lots of us are pegging out at the moment :T My five for today are:

1. DS2 made me a cup of tea without being asked earlier this morning.

2. The satisfaction of having done the ironing earlier :p

3. My neighbour asking me to watch her boys tomorrow night for a couple of hours & saying that she trusted me with them implicitly. They're 3 and 7 and after my rabble of noisy teens are a dream to look after.

4. Listening to the children negotiate who is watching what on the tv and then deciding to get Monopoly out instead :j

5. A lovely sunny autumn day.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi all

Was skivvying away at my job but decided to have a little break and popped in to say hi, but now that I am here I might as well do the whole thing (nothing beats a good excuse to procrastinate on work! :rotfl:)

Patchwork Quilt and Ollie, thank you for your nice word about my doula work - yes it is very rewarding, I love seeing babies being born and help giving women the strength and knowledge to choose the birth they want (if possible). On the other hand, it is really easy to burn out because it is a very emotionally demanding work, this is why I stopped. This particular woman not only needs the Italian birthing partner, though, she also has a husband who might be a bit too squeamish to attend her birth, and her mother is not the person of choice for her (I can well understand that one!). It will happen in March, watch this space till then!

Billy858, I can only echo Broomstick's wise words, your DD loves you even if she is not showing it - is she a teenager? Try not to take it too much at heart (I know, easier said than done!), this is standard behaviour and she will grow out of it - eventually! (((HUGS)))

Boodle, sorry to hear that you are going through some stress, well done on focusing on the positive and posting your pleasures anyway, the best way to cheer up I think!

Here are my pleasures for the day:

1 - Early morning, sourdough bread in the oven, as well as a batch of soda scones and a soda bread (using up both my dairy and non dairy kefir products).

2 - In between making breads, I managed also to cook a mix veg casserole in the oven, to take advantage of the fact it is already on, saving on gas, and dinner is virtually done (casserole AND bread - sorted!).

3 - DD dragged me to the usual Thursday aerobics which I did not want to go but managed to, in the end, and was well pleased to have made the effort.

4 - Lovely weather and a large laundry load is hanging out in the garden (chillin'out :rotfl:).

5 - Magazine through the post, looking forward to a tea break in a little while, with my mag and a scone!

Have a good evening everybody, I am back to work now :rolleyes:
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Knitty78
    Knitty78 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone. Not really much OS for me today as I was feeling poorly this morning so bought both breakfast and lunch during the day rather than bringing my own in.

1 - I stripped my chicken this morning and now have a large tupperware full of it

2 - resulting carcuss as well as a small one I had kept in the freezer and in my slow cooker to hopefully make stock with

3 - Pumpkin at the ready to carve at home, hopefully make some soup along with the above stock (although I have heard that Halloween Pumpkins don't have a good flavour)

4 - My Good Food Magazine came through the post yesterday so I have that to look forward to later :T - even better that the subscription was paid for with my tesco clubcard vouchers.

5 - We can dress down tomorrow in work (Ok not Old Style or MSE as it's for charity but it's the best I can muster).
    Debt at lightbulb moment (18 Aug 2009) 30933.95,
    Debt 1 July 2011 £9663.71
    Debt free date[STRIKE]February 2017[/STRIKE] September 2016
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Mine today

1. Same as Knitty's number 4. :D

2. Carving 2 enormous pumpkins with the girls (99p at Lidl) and laughing at the dog barking at them. :rotfl:

3. Snuggled on the sofa with the girls and watching and listening to an amazing thunderstorm.:eek:

4. Coffee and HM cake with my good friend.

5. Reading Olliebeak's post and appreciating the time she takes to mention everyone. :A

Haribo x
  • Boodle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Caterina wrote: »
    Boodle, sorry to hear that you are going through some stress, well done on focusing on the positive and posting your pleasures anyway, the best way to cheer up I think!

Thanks Caterina - I agree 100% :) Which leads to some more from me, I'm afraid ;)

1. A lovely bubble bath and managed about 10 minutes reading my book in peace before DD came barging in to play with the suds :rotfl:

2. Above-mentioned book which is really rather good.

3. Making a dent in the flylady lists for the week, despite having a mad catch-up and felt earlier as though I really wasn't getting anywhere.

4. Making arrangements to go to a pals for coffee and catch-up tomorrow.

5. Looking forward to chilling out with DH this evening and maybe doing a bit of knitting :)

Hope you all have a lovely evening x
  • Boodle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    5. Reading Olliebeak's post and appreciating the time she takes to mention everyone. :A

I second that :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,112
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have felt down again tomorrow so I've decided to take my sons to Wales tomorrow! This is a mammoth operation (nearest station is 15 miles away, then 2 trains, then a bus....) We're going to the Centre for Alternative Technology.

Anyway, 5 for today:

1) We got all the craft things out. Bigger son is interested in recycling and wants to write off to Blue Peter and see if he can get a "green" Blue Peter badge! So we made a rocket where you can put your old tin cans inside. Need some duck tape and silver spray to finish it off, though.

2) I made them a tiny garage each, basically made from old modem boxes with a ramp attached. They played with them for about 2 hours with every car they could find!

3) Watched the Sarah Jane Adventures. They watch it anyway but I watched it with more interest than usual because Dr Who was involved....

4) Made some flapjacks.

5) Hard to think of a 5th today but I'll say looking after next door's animals coming to an end (they're back from holiday tomorrow). I always worry about a cat/fish/guinea pig expiring before they come back so its quite a relief!

L
  • scotrae
    scotrae Posts: 588 Forumite
    1. Waking up warm and ache-free in my own bed after a caravan mattress.

2. Being back at work and realising I'm on schedule to tie everything up neatly ready for my redundancy tomorrow.:rolleyes:

3. Thinking ahead to my 'fresh start' come November 1st - back in the regime of the Grocery Challenge and menu planning.

4. Eating chicken curry followed by Ben & Jerry's - sauce, naans and ice cream on silly offer prices from a trek to a distant Asda recently. Chicken from '3 for 2' frozen offer at our local farm shop butcher's.

5. About to have a nice warm bubbly bath and write my list of all the things that I'm aiming to do to reinvent and reinvigorate myself post-redundancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure