Odd problem with getting Broadband installed

This is, I am sure, a problem that others have had..

In a nutshell I am trying to get a broadband connection installed in a club building shared by several user groups, the problem is that the building is not on the Royal Mail Postcode address finder and as such the provider of choice has hit a "computer says no" issue.

I have spoken to Royal Mail to add the building to their system, but as there is no post box on the building they will entertain the idea, they are asking for photos of the postbox/letterbox and signage to the location.

At a push I suppose I could arrange for a postbox to be installed to keep Royal Mail happy and get the building on their system, but this seems a bit of overkill as there mis no requirement, or desire, to have mail delivered to the building!

Has anyone out there had this issue, or someone who could suggets a way ahead without the need to make/install a postbox?
At times any combination of my spelling, grammar or punctuation may be incorrect. Please do not pick me up for this as, after all, it is only an internet forum.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No problem - I have a church hall also without a Royal Mail address.

Just use the post code of the building next door.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Croft12
    Croft12 Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    kev_min wrote: »
    This is, I am sure, a problem that others have had..

In a nutshell I am trying to get a broadband connection installed in a club building shared by several user groups, the problem is that the building is not on the Royal Mail Postcode address finder and as such the provider of choice has hit a "computer says no" issue.

I have spoken to Royal Mail to add the building to their system, but as there is no post box on the building they will entertain the idea, they are asking for photos of the postbox/letterbox and signage to the location.

At a push I suppose I could arrange for a postbox to be installed to keep Royal Mail happy and get the building on their system, but this seems a bit of overkill as there mis no requirement, or desire, to have mail delivered to the building!

Has anyone out there had this issue, or someone who could suggets a way ahead without the need to make/install a postbox?

I'm sure you have a sign if they will accept that. I'd be temped to mock something up if they insist. Bit of plywood and take a photo then chuck it!

You don't need a post box for an address - My house doesn't have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure