PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do carboots count? He’s got a big granny’s tooth (Stanley!) & is very pleased. Not sure what Stanley’s gran will reckon....

I read this about six times and still hadn't a clue????!!!!! So pleased you went on to explain further along:D
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    We’ve been on holiday for a week so no cs shopping but Dh and I had a wander round a local villages cs shops today even though he was theoretically working (self employed but lacking dedication after his hols) pickings were looking distinctly sparse but we then found a Denby imperial blue, large open baking / lasagne dish. Will be very useful so parted with £5 requested. Dh then got a sistema plastic lidded container for him to take to work for lunches to heat in the microwave.

I then spotted a lovely Laura Ashley large throw in pure silk for £4.75. It may be ebayed as not totally sure about it but very happy with its bargainous nature. Dd15 is wanting to do couch to 5k over the summer holidays so I need to be on the lookout for a running top for her. Can anyone recommend the make/type I should look out for
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I rarely get really really good clothing bargains in the chazzers Is this because I'm a size 16 and the "average" size for Britain? Wish I was a size 8 or 10 (for many reasons :o) but is it the smaller sizes that are more barganious do you think?

One of my local Cancer Research has a new rail of Curvy Sizes out this week. I think they have a link-up with one of the slimming groups.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Every year Slimming World has a "Clothes Throw"around May/June for Cancer Research.
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bobsa1 - I run and get quite a bit of my kit from the CS, you can find Nike Dri Fit quite often and Adidas. Getting the right fitting kit really helps, I prefer tights on the bottom half and a looser t shirt or vest top, something that has a bit of room to skim the hips when running as tight things tend to work upwards as you move.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I got a nice little haul today from the Wickford charity shops.

From Sue Ryder I got a pair of navy blue wide-leg trousers from Jaeger for £3.75. I wear jeans basically all the time so it will be really nice to have a change.

From my beloved Banardo's, I got a White Company long sleeve blouse in a white silky fabric for £3, and a gorgeous navy Boden midi dress with short frilly sleeves and a frill from the shin to the ankle, with sections of red, beige and lighter blue polka dots for £5.00. It looks unworn, and while I generally don't really like Boden as it is not really marketed for my age group, this looks like the kind of thing Reiss and Whistles would sell. I'm absolutely in love with it!!!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    This is a very similar style to the dress I got, down to the cut and the frills. Mine is just a little longer and with different polka dots.

https://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/elise-dress-riviera-blue-polka-dot/sty-w0102-lbl?cat=C2_S2_G189&awc=1669_1563288517_7b1616447dd034e3997296319882dcce&code=6T2C&cm_mmc=AWUK-_-101101-_-Affiliates-_-text

I love it so much!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Upon arrival on Friday afternoon DsS announced the need for a pink shirt for something at school. I missed whether or not it was sports day or something else whilst changing my younger ones nappies.

Suffice to say, last summer at primary school he still fit the largest size school polo shirts from Asda in yellow, his old house colour. Now, he's not 13 for another two months, is up to my eyebrows (and I'm 5'8"!!) so he's in small to medium men's sizes!

So, Saturday morning CS trawling found me two pink polo shirts, in different shades, for a combined £4. Can't recall where, first trip with the single buggy again so the almost three year old DS was loose and searching for toys....
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pollycat, you were not robbed, you selected carefully, got the good stuff & should now get a small tray to nest them on & then fill them with olives & almonds & lish nibblesome things that persuade you into another drink...

You should also update your Will so they come to me in a few decades time?! Plan to have lots of different things to fit into the dishes when the medics abscond with the function of your other foot?!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Laredouter wrote: »
    This is a very similar style to the dress I got, down to the cut and the frills. Mine is just a little longer and with different polka dots.

https://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/elise-dress-riviera-blue-polka-dot/sty-w0102-lbl?cat=C2_S2_G189&awc=1669_1563288517_7b1616447dd034e3997296319882dcce&code=6T2C&cm_mmc=AWUK-_-101101-_-Affiliates-_-text

I love it so much!

Ooooh lovely dress:happyhear Lucky you finding it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure