PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2014 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ahhh! I didn't realise you were drying your own onions. I thought you'd found big bags of pre-dried in the world foods section :(
    Cheryl
  • Spent £11 something today in shops and £4.40 on breakfast for DS and myself (we had to go out early so only had a quick bit of toast so we were both hungry), forgot milk but would have had no room to carry it home anyway so will ring DH and get him to pick it up. Also had fruit, veg and meat box delivery today. Will update signature later x
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Hi, hope you don't mind but I'm going to be a stalker this month :-) I cut my shopping down about a year ago with the help of this forum, but still feel that I could cut it down a little further, so going to follow for the rest of this month and next and then join in November (away in October so won't cheat and use that month, lol) currently I spend £260 pm for 2 adults, 1 child and 3 cats
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 18 September 2014 at 7:56PM
    Need to update a spend of £10.50 ish. No receipt as my DD1 went to Iceland for me. I'm not sure if I updated my last spends, so will have to go back and double-check.

* Edit * I didnt update the previous spend ... It was £7.80 or thereabouts ( again DD1 made the purchase and didnt keepnthe receipt.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Large chunk of budget blown in lunch out with DS. Not sorry as we just needed to do something enjoyable and distracting after a terribly upsetting night. We have had quite a bad family upheaval, won't bore you with details, but it has taken its toll on all of us. This, coupled with the workshy workmen, has left me with too much stress to try and cope with a reduced budget.

Will still count but this month is going to be substantially out of budget.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    My spreadsheet crashed so had to look back to my last entry here and start from there. So think I have approx £85 left of my budget for the remainder of September.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • £3.46 in Lidl, £11.34 in the ethnic supermarket and 49p in little Sainsbury's.

Lidl was a restock of tins of things like tomatoes. Ethnic supermarket was a lot of onions and potatoes that should keep for a while, a couple of types of dried beans and some herbs. I'm restocking the cupboards, if you couldn't tell!

I was very happy to find dried black beans for the first time. They were one of the last ingredients I had to go to a big supermarket for, and now I can have cheap, homemade Mexican food :)

Just some milk from Sainsbury's. I was hoping to get some YS items, but the discounts were rubbish.

£55.96/£80
    Saving for deposit: Finished! :j
    House buying: Finished!
    Next task: Lots and lots of DIY
  • Hi everyone, £5.50 spend yesterday in Iceland and a small 85p spend in the co-op today leaving me £34.15. This is too last 7 days. So about £5,00 a day. Im really happy with this as I spents lots at the beginning part of the month and left mself a bit short. Ive manages quite a few NSD's and there is nothing major we need except for a jar of nescafe.
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • Slightly over budget due to buying coffee for visitors last week. I'm due 1000 Nectar points from Global test market surveys and I have £7.50 worth already to spend, so should be enough to last me these last 11 days.
    GC - Oct £36.17/£31
    GC - Sep £35.56/£30:o
    GC - Aug £30.73/£31
    GC - Jul £30.80/£31
  • Couple of spends yesterday. 32p for some carrots from the farmers market, £4.11 from Mr T's in town on Y/S items and £4.81 from Mr T's local to me on milk, YS bread and fruit.

Total of £9.24 to add there. Need to do a decent shop. Nothing much left in freezer. Cupboards quite full tho. Fridge nearly empty. Think I will do next weeks meal plan and get shopping in tomorrow (at work later).

Will be treating a good friend to lunch today and its coming from this budget. She is having a real tough time. Just going to local "bogof" place so shouldn't cost more than £15 for us. Will update later.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills