Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Its funny I find it the other way around.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A sunshiney start to the day; a decent night's sleep; good strong coffee; effective painkillers (for my neck anyway). A good start to the day!

We are going nowhere today. Just resting. I have vowed not to play a crtain game on my tablet, so dd has given me Mary Poppins to read.

If I can moderate 1 centre and mark 10 scripts, I shall be even more happy.

Just one more coffee first....
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Pesky, pesky centre...

Borrowed neighbour's mower and got that job done - it has fair worn me out!

Now to have a go at the marking, then get my head around going to work tomorrow... Ugh.

Cheese + biscuits for tea. Neither of us has energy for anything else.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Went to work and taught 7/8 periods. I don't half teach some wonderful kiddies! 4 lessons were doing listening tests, 1 was junior so more fun, 2 were speaking tests where the pupils tested each other, as I was in no fit state to do it myself.

Managed with the getting up and down stairs at work, but collapsed once home as the aches and swelling returned somewhat. However, now that the busiest day is done, the rest of the week seems more manageable. We'll see what the morning brings...

Dh goes away on weds morning, so I'll have to find the energy to sort out dd + her stuff, food, etc - dh has done it all for the last 2 weeks as I've been unable to. Then pack on Friday and off we go camping on sat. I was supposed to be helping with dd's age group kids' work but reckon I won't be fit for it, so have asked if I can transfer my hours (which gave me a reduction in the price) to working on dh's team as he can use me in the office, where I won't be sitting on the floor!
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh no, you've certainly been through the wars, Apple! Hope you're starting to feel much better now and manage to get through the next several days unscathed.

Also a very belated but very happy birthday to you! _party_
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Much less achey in general today - but I spent as much time as I could with my feet up on another chair, and tried to do fewer stairs. I have fewer 'this is where it hurts' circles on my hands ,wrists and ankles, which is good. Though, I am still super weary...

Some 'stuff' achieved at work, but the to do list keeps growing back! I am trying to do tasks that can only be done there, and not postpone them for another day, however tempting it may be...!

Off to find the land of nod...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A good day at work. Plenty of stuff for a soon-to-happen trip talked through , even though it may all change (!). I'd rather we had considered all the possible bad things and how we would deal with them.

I was allowed home early, and it was a lovely surprise for dd. She then proceeded to have a multitude of meltdowns and crying over different things, which was hard. But plenty of cuddles and tissues and listening to her has helped her. After that, we have had a very peaceful evening together - tea, dd designing whilst I marked, then reading together before bed.

I have finally finished marking a centre - about 60 pupils, each with at least 3 pieces of paper, sent in one big pile. Nothing holding each pupil's work together. I have been paranoid about dropping it, or draughts! Now I have to put the marks on the system for my team leader, and then send them to her.

And send another finished centre to the exam board.

And send paperwork for the moderation too.

All deadlines are sunday.

Saturday morning we go camping... So no marking/moderating until the next Weds. Nowt like a challenge to finish before the final deadline...
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Oh dear me, I would have had a fit if I'd been sent such a catastrophe-in-the-waiting bundle of papers. Why can't things just be done sensibly? The mind boggles.

Glad to hear the days are going well, even if it takes a bit of time to get there :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have finished that centre, ably helped by 2 giant bulldog clips! Also managed to complete another centre today - 33 scripts (so 66 'essays' in foreign). Tomorrow I need to input all the different marks (6 per candidate), parcel them up correctly, and send them off before 2pm.

Also tomorrow:
    -school runs
    -food shop (will be lazy and take car as still rather feak and weeble)
    -make a g-f cake for camping
    -pack (eek, nowt done yet)
    -sort out moderation papers to send off - deadline is 01/06 but only return the day before, so best do it before we go
    -if time, start on next speaking centre...
    -chase up exam board - no answer to my rather urgent (to me) queries as yet...

NSDs galore this month and supremely little spending on my part. That's what 3 weeks of poorliness can do!
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    At least there's a silver lining! :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback