Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm in my jamas.

I've been in my jamas all day.

Oops.

Big sis + niece stayed over and niece slept until 11.30! They only left at about 1.45, so nothing was 'achieved' before that.

Managed to get dd through some hwk, and start on 2 other bits to get ahead of the deadlines. She is once again under the weather with a bit of a temperature and looking v pale. She has her sch carol service in 10 days time. It is in town, no parking, so to + fro on the buses, but it runs 6.30-9.30, so add on 30-45 mins each end for travel. I have currently given permission for her and me to be there, but think that I'll be withdrawing that nearer the time...

An nsd (I don't tend to go to the shops in my jamas...). And yoga done - yep, in my jamas - so I feel nicely stretched out.

I've done the numbers for dec, and joined the nst challenge:
    -24 days not at work
    -7 days at work
    -4 swims
    -2 counselling + dance
    -1 parents eve + fair + mufti + carols(?) + drinks at a friends' house + orthodontist + cmas meal out + ice skating (dd) + visit to mum (dd + me) + hosp visit (me)
    -plus all the stuff going on at church that dh will be involved with

We have a sainz + a liddle voucher to use this coming week. I have already paid for the cmas meal out, and it is only a few miles away and I can easily catch the bus there rather than faff with parking.

Some of my crafted items need de-constructing. The rag bag (a b i g binbag that is rather full) needs disposing of. We have 1 bag ready for the SA and surely can fill more. The foodbank (and neighbour) will be supplied.

The garden must be sorted. I must lose some squidge.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    24 days not at work! Yay! Great idea to count it up taht way :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I do it every month in my notebook karma, as I'm in work 3 days a week, so the 'not at work' number is always larger!

Today I got as at 6, did my morning routine and went to wake dd at 6.45. She is one poorly bunny. So she's not at school.

I have done bunny slope #8, with dd as my audience.

Then I went to the hosp to see about my hernias. I checked in early and sat down to wait. And then someone snuck on the board that there was a delay. Of 80 minutes! Where did that come from eh? Cue emailing work to say taht I might not make it back in, and trying to set cover work form my head...

Anyhow, I was seen about 40 mins late and the paperwork has been done and I shall be operated on in Jan. Quite soon. General anaesthetic. Need to find out restriction on my movement/driving/carrying after the op. THe one they're going to mesh is the larger one, of course, and is in a strange place, so all the advice will be of no use...

Anyway, best go to work...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Had a lovely pm at work with the pupils.

Then had an after-sch meeting re Inspeckshun. Yep, oofsteed are coming to town. Weds and Thurs. Humph.

Dd has been on the sofa for most of the day, eaten v little, drunk a fair amount and generally been Unwell. I'll keep her off tomorrow as there's so little food in her system (and she's still running a slight temp). But at least she isn't writhing with tummy pains as much...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Somebody hid all the buses today. Especially when I wanted to catch one...

Anyhow, made it to counselling; paid in money to dd's savings; returned a lib bk; marked y11 practice listening tests; added eyes and buttons and caps to 15 snowmen; did a nerdfitness kb workout; did what feels like a gazillion steps but was prob around 13k; attended dd's parents' eve and they were all lovely about her - I only had 3 official appointments so I ninja-ed my way around slipping into a seat when one was vacated; did a wash; helped dd with some hwk; gave her a plan of action for if the tummy aches hit her at sch tomorrow; ate well; collected some moss; spent no money.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The Inspecktors avoided me today. Thank you them. I got through a manic mock listening lesson (only manic because of setting up 5 headphones for 4 pupils on 3 devices using 2 extension leads in a room that is not my own) and a pesky y8 class, amongst others.

Ibu + lunch sorted out my cracking headache.

15 snowmen got their noses, so are finished.

Walked to meet dd from sch, fed her, then went to the walk-in medical centre where she was seen by the lovely Sabrina who gave her a very thorough MOT and found nothing. Phew. It is 'one of those things' - we think dd's digestive system was knocked squiffy by the w/end tummy bug and she's not yet recovered.

Dd used her 'get out of jail free' card re her painful tummy only once, but had 3 memorable pains at sch. She is improving. Slowly. Ever so slowly.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am quite appalled by the rise in the price of food leading up to Christmas. Special packaging, special names, very special prices... Just as well we're keeping it simple and normal here.

Dh suggested to me yesterday that I go shopping to buy myself something 'nice' for cmas. But I have no desire to do so at all. None whatsoever. If I need something, I already have it sourced nice and cheaply. For example, I got myself a sports bra from aldee a few weeks ago - at a good price - which I'm saving for cmas. Equally, dd and I found some fleece/lycra(?) neck warmer thingies - again at aldee - and we bought each other one. She got hers immediately, mine is waiting a few more weeks. And I have asked the step-kids to do a charity donation on my behalf.

Spent a short time with my neighbour yesterday. She is in a bad way. And it may get much worse. So I am going shopping today to look for things for her. And her dds. I don't care if I embarrass her - I have seen her at her 'worst' and we are still friends. Her house is cold so I'm aiming for socks and fleecy blankets for them all. I think that they hunker down upstairs where it's warmer... I am also hoping to find some thick wool in the £ shop so I can knit them a big thick pompom hat each.

In other news, it's my sch fair today and - dare I say it - I feel ready for it! I've given 10 penguins their eyes today and stuck the 2 robins onto moss-covered bamboo. I', pleased with how they look, which is just as well, as I want to give some as presents this year!

I found a mug for my secret santa in sainz - it says Mr Cool on it (it's for a bloke, and I know that his current mug has a broken handle) and I bought 3x 'pud in a mug' packs from liddle. Total spend = £4.17.

Enough ponderations. Time to hang that washing up...
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a lovely post, apple - heartwarming, actually :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    What a lovely post, apple - heartwarming, actually :kisses3:

Aw, thanks karma :D.

I ended up ordering fleecy blankets online as I reckoned they were cheaper than even primarni at this time of year. I didn't manage to go sock-hunting as it was all getting too late and I needed to get to the sch to set up. I may have to online order them too, though I'd rather go into a shop...

The fair went well and I made 50-60 squid, which is very nice. I also spent a little, and bought 3 bottle light thingies as presents (for the other others where I needed inspiration), 3 bath bombs as presents, 2 strips of raffle tickets (5 tickets for £1 as opposed to £2 per ticket at dd's sch!) where we won a nice box of chocs (to give as a gift, of course). Dh brought dd along after sch but she only had a glitter tattoo and 2x 20p lucky dip bags. Total spend was about £23. :D

Tomorrow:
    - tidy up and put away craft stuff
    - dd to dance
    - workout
    -marking
    -washing
    -prune garden?
    -put cmas decs up
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Tomorrow:
    - tidy up and put away craft stuff
    - dd to dance
    - workout
    -marking
    -washing
    -prune garden?
    -put cmas decs up

Didn't do too badly...

I have deconstructed a lot of craft items that do not sell. However, one robin doorstop can be remedied with some canny stitching, and dd wants me to do that and give it to her Head. We have an awful lot of ragbags... I think that I hang on to them because they aren't simply old raggy clothing, but little itty bits from my sewing too. Maybe I just need to distribute the contents into smaller bags and get them to the ch shops...? Will they take them? I also put away the stuff not sold, so we have a bit more floor space downstairs.

I did a workout - bunny slope #15.

Dd went to dance. And I took 2 bags to the Sally Army shop and spent about 17 on 4 books, 2 mid-size polly p0ckets, 2x trousers, 1 skirt, 1 puffa jkt, 1 nice jar, 1 beeswax(?) candle, 1 pack tiny cake cases. A mix of items for dd, me, neighbours, gifts, mum.

2 lots of washing got done.

However, the marking and garden were ignored... And putting up the decs... Oops.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback