PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long does it take to get back my deposit?

My tenancy agreement end on last Monday, and my deposit is protect by "MyDeposit" mydeposits.co.uk.

How long does it take to get back my deposit? and also do I need to write the LA?

My LA is slow in response anything which is my side.
When they want money, they will send me email. But if I want to ask them anything, they response slow (especially after I make the payment)

Comments

• Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    My tenancy agreement end on last Monday, and my deposit is protect by "MyDeposit" mydeposits.co.uk.

How long does it take to get back my deposit? and also do I need to write the LA?

My LA is slow in response anything which is my side.
    When they want money, they will send me email. But if I want to ask them anything, they response slow (especially after I make the payment)

Seriously, if you want to know how to get your deposit back read G_M's Deposits: payment, protection and return.
  • I checked both the link and also my tenancy agreement, does not mention within how many days LA should return my deposit after I returning the key.

Is there an official link like within 14 days, within 10 days after tenancy agreement end?
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    :wall: :wall: :wall:

If you want your deposit back then claim it back from DPS.
  • My deposit is under MyDeposit.
    I think is LA direct email me, rather than I contact MyDeposit.

However, I have a document from MyDeposit regarding my deposit amount.
  • At the end of your tenancy
    Your landlord must return your deposit within 10 days of you both agreeing how much you!!!8217;ll get back.

If you!!!8217;re in a dispute with your landlord, then your deposit will be protected in the TDP scheme until the issue is sorted out.

Thanks!

Within 10 days
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In reality it could take months.

Again there is no standard. You could try to sue for breach of contract, but it's really not worth it
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    At the end of your tenancy
    Your landlord must return your deposit within 10 days of you both agreeing how much you!!!8217;ll get back.

If you!!!8217;re in a dispute with your landlord, then your deposit will be protected in the TDP scheme until the issue is sorted out.

Thanks!

Within 10 days

Within 10 days of you both agreeing how much. Not 10 days after the end of the tenancy.
  • So after end of tenancy (submitted the key), have to wait for few weeks?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    So after end of tenancy (submitted the key), have to wait for few weeks?

It depends
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport