Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Boochiwawa wrote: »
    Hi Pure Planet

Is it possible to sign up in joint names so that either myself or my wife can access the account and deal with payments/problems etc?

Thanks
    BW

Hi Boochiwawa
    Sorry, you can't add someone else to the account at the moment. We're working on that :think:

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • I've had huge problems with this app based utility provider. The App either doesn't load, freezes, or continually whirrs with the message that it's taking longer than usual - er - 30 plus minutes? I didn't discover this issue until I tried to upload my meter readings, which by misfortune is after the 14 day switch cancellation deadline. There is no online access to the company, or phone number, only a community help forum. All solutions direct you to the app, which does not work reliably. From other comments on the Pure Planet community help forum it seems I'm not alone. I want to cancel my switch and choose another green provider but apparently you can only do that by going into the app which I can't get in to. I can't even upload my meter readings to get it going and switch again later. It's beyond frustrating.
  • PurePlanet
    Emsden1 wrote: »
    I've had huge problems with this app based utility provider. The App either doesn't load, freezes, or continually whirrs with the message that it's taking longer than usual - er - 30 plus minutes? I didn't discover this issue until I tried to upload my meter readings, which by misfortune is after the 14 day switch cancellation deadline. There is no online access to the company, or phone number, only a community help forum. All solutions direct you to the app, which does not work reliably. From other comments on the Pure Planet community help forum it seems I'm not alone. I want to cancel my switch and choose another green provider but apparently you can only do that by going into the app which I can't get in to. I can't even upload my meter readings to get it going and switch again later. It's beyond frustrating.

Hi @Emsden1
    Sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems with our app. Although I have also replied to you in the Pure Planet Community I just wanted to respond here too for the benefit of others. We've just updated our app and it includes a fix for some members who weren't able to submit meter readings. The version which sorts this is 7.0.11. Here are the links to the App Store and to Google Play.
    If you have already switched to us then to cancel all you have to do is switch to another supplier 10 days after your switch date. We don't charge any exit fees and would love to see you back at Pure Planet again in the future.

Hope that helps, sorry again that you had a frustrating time.
    @Marc at Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Hi Marc, thanks for your reply, I have finally managed to download the app and upload the meter readings but am finding the app so frustrating to use. I am replying here as I can't seem to reply via the Pure Planet app which sends me round in endless circles - each time I try to reply I have to do a fresh security check which I am required to verify on my mobile, but I can't then view or reply via my pc without doing it all over again. And finding the thread on my mobile is close to impossible (I haven't managed). I'm not as tech savvy as some but am not bad, and Pure Planet needs to be easier. While I am now set up I dread having any problems or questions as I will have to start this rigmarole all over again.
  • PurePlanet
    edited 3 July 2019 at 12:19PM
    Emsden1 wrote: »
    Hi Marc, thanks for your reply, I have finally managed to download the app and upload the meter readings but am finding the app so frustrating to use. I am replying here as I can't seem to reply via the Pure Planet app which sends me round in endless circles - each time I try to reply I have to do a fresh security check which I am required to verify on my mobile, but I can't then view or reply via my pc without doing it all over again. And finding the thread on my mobile is close to impossible (I haven't managed). I'm not as tech savvy as some but am not bad, and Pure Planet needs to be easier. While I am now set up I dread having any problems or questions as I will have to start this rigmarole all over again.

Hi @Emsden1 No worries. And it's great to hear that you got the app downloaded and meter readings sent :j
    Your feedback is really useful.
    If you have any issues at all you can message the team. All you have to is head to Help in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you.
    And you can always direct message me too
    @Marc at Pure Planet

Update:
    Hey @Emsden1
    Good news - you can now manage your account via app and web!

If you'd prefer to use web rather than the app, just head to purepla.net and tap the login icon in the top right :)
    You can find more info about this on our Community here :)

Nat @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • Hi there,

A quick question - we have smart meters installed. would I still have to provide you with meter readings or are you guys able to get the data from the smart meters?

Cheers

George
  • PurePlanet
    bgschley wrote: »
    Hi there,

A quick question - we have smart meters installed. would I still have to provide you with meter readings or are you guys able to get the data from the smart meters?

Cheers

George

Hi George
    With the current smart meters the smart functionality is only available with the supplier that installed the meter.
    Second generation smart meters (called ‘SMETS2’) are due to be available later this year. These are going to be 'smarter' because they'll work regardless of the supplier who installs them.
    We're already working on our national rollout plan for SMETS2 meters, to make sure these are available to all of our members once the meters are ready.
    So, for now, you'd have to send us meter readings manually.

Hope that helps!
    Cheers
    Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • This some feedback for Pure Planet.
    I won't be switching because I want a web-based/email-supporting supplier.

I do not have a clever phone but I do have a tablet. The comments here about the app fill me with unease: it may be unreliable and it does not seem very feature-rich.

As demographic background, I am a retired software engineer so technology does not faze me when it works and has sufficient capability.

I think PP are making a mistake chasing only phone-savvy clients. This web-savvy potential customer will go with what has worked.
  • PurePlanet
    edited 3 July 2019 at 12:20PM
    Hi @Dunkelmann
    Thank you for this feedback. Our app does work on tablet. It's optimised (design-wise) for mobile but we do have many members who choose to use a tablet, and in terms of functionality it's fine.
    Features-wise, we're adding more through iteration.
    But I take your point of course, and I'll feed this back to the team.
    (Side note, I'm personally interested in the Android/Chrome mirroring work that Google is working on. Where Android apps can effectively be run on desktop - though I do appreciate that this isn't quite the same thing).

Thanks
    Marc @Pure Planet

Update:
    Hey @Dunkelmann

Good news! You can now switch to Pure Planet and manage your account via web as well as the app at purepla.net
    All you need to do is complete the switch via MSE, we'll send an email verification link, and then start your switch.

There's more info about this update on our Community here

Nat @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • Just found Pure Planet and it looks very interesting - seems almost the same setup as giffgaff do with mobile tariffs.
    I would be setting this up for my mothers home while I work abroad and have a few questions I had trouble finding through their own site.

1. Do they offer the warm home discount?
    2. Is there an early exit fee?
    3. How often is the meter reading needed?

regardless if this meets my requirements i love the idea of cutting out call centres and going app only so definitely be looking out for more like this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback