Options

Comments

• mbmonty
    mbmonty Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    1. Who did you make enquires of?
    2. Which accredited comparison sites do not include Solarplicity?
    3. Why are you expending so much time and effort in a vain attempt to discredit this supplier?

:cool:

1. I contacted Solarplicity of course

2. This site is able to compare if you are already a customer but it would not show me Solarplicity even when I selected to show all deals. I spent weeks checking this. I visited a plethora of sites and went back to Solarplicity several times to clarify things that came up.

3. Well I might ask why are you spending so much time discrediting me or promoting them?

The simple fact is I am SERIOUSLY P'D OFF with Solarplicity, I am on a very low fixed income and had to make very hard choices about energy. So when I saw that I was paying £200 in Standing Charges I was desperate to find a supplier that did NOT have Standing Charges and did not punish you in the energy rate.

What this would mean to me was that I could turn on heating during the snow and make choices to cut back when required, it also meant I could spend my money on getting warm rather than paying for this damn stupid dumb meter project.

So when I found Solarplicity I was very pleased, the website said boldly "Standing Charges - We don't believe in them", so I thought I had finally found an energy company I could TRUST and I would not need to play this switching game. They made a promise that they would always be cheaper than top six and they would not have Standing Charges.

Their energy rate wasn't fantastic but it was a tad lower than I was paying and there were NO STANDING charges. I do not have my heating on by default, I put in on in extreme circumstances, but this Solarplicity deal meant I could risk putting it on, it was like being given £200 of free energy.

So when I heard recently that Solarplicity had increased their rates to cost me £120 more and introduced Standing Charges it brought back all that anxiety of having to live under a cloud of worry about energy bills.

To me when a company makes a value statement so profound as "we don't believe in them" it is a pillar of what they stand for, it is a commitment to the customers past and future.

So when they go back on their word just three months later and I have to hear about it on a Forum because they are so incompetent that they have not even billed me yet, never mind emailed me or written to me to inform me of these changes, I LOSE MY TRUST IN SOLARPLICITY.

When they make what for me is a MASSIVE increase in their rate in an effort to FORCE me onto a tariff where I have to pay for these F'ing Smart Meters via the back door, I GET ANGRY WITH SOLARPLICITY.

I especially feel a FOOL for trusting Solarplicity, I have been telling friends, colleagues and anyone that will listen about them, now I am having to tell them that they should ignore my previous advice about Solarplicity, that they had sold out their own values and commitments.

I expect this kind of disgusting behaviour from the large energy companies, I think it is disgusting that they are going to allow Npower to gobble up SSE, not only will this stifle competition and be used as an excuse to allow other mergers, it will drag SSE customers into the worst performing energy company according Which?

I would URGE anyone reading this to raise their concerns with the CMA

Please send written representations about any competition issues to:

Faye Fullalove
    Competition and Markets Authority
    Victoria House
    Southampton Row
    London
    WC1B 4AD

[EMAIL="faye.fullalove@cma.gsi.gov.uk"]faye.fullalove@cma.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

My contempt for Solarplicity is because to me it is a breach of trust to market yourself so resolutely on a value and then scrap it. I liked the idea that they support Solar projects that I read about on here somewhere, I liked the idea that they were a smaller company going after the big boys and hitting them in the most unfair area of energy bills, THE STANDING CHARGE.

I do not like being RIPPED OFF for so called infrastucture, it is similar to when RyanAir quotes a flight cost of £20 and then charges you for used a debit card, for daring to check a small luggage bag and to reduce the size of in cabin luggage and to make you pay to sit next to the person you are travelling with.

It is a very similar RIP OFF in fact because the value statement for RyanAir is supposed to be that they are cheap and good value when in fact they have so many hidden charges and they dump you in some bloody airport 50 miles from where you thought you were travelling to.

I was not spending that much time, I get an email reminder, I follow the link and I contribute. Maybe others will feel the same way, maybe they will express their outrage at Solarplicity on social media because calling them now is impossible.

If Solarplicity had any decency they would own up to making a mistake and revert to their previous model, but that takes integrity and guts, something that seems to be lacking in Solarplicity management.
  • richardm57s
    Options
    Hi to everyone,
    I have not read all of this thread, and i am NOT allowed to post links (that is stupid).
    so could some kind person do a search for ( All notices Gazette Solarplicity ) should come up as first post on search. There are also other websites with this info.

MSE should NOT have been promoting this company since Feb. 2018.

Thanks from Richard.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi to everyone,
    I have not read all of this thread, and i am NOT allowed to post links (that is stupid).
    so could some kind person do a search for ( All notices Gazette Solarplicity ) should come up as first post on search. There are also other websites with this info.

MSE should NOT have been promoting this company since Feb. 2018.

Thanks from Richard.
    Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately not allowing new members to post links is one of the measures to try and deter the numerous spammers this forum seems to attract.

Having searched I believe the link you are referring to is this one:
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3003642

Definitely worrying, although I don't think it refers to the specific company supplying energy. A search at Companies House produces a long list of companies with 'Solarplicity' in the name and the same registered office address.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=SOLARPLICITY

I've no idea why so many companies have been registered or what they all do. The T&C on the Solarplicity website state:
    ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ means Solarplicity Supply
    Ltd (company number: 08053210)
    (trading!as!Solarplicity).
    That isn't the company currently subject to the winding up petition referred to above.

The whole thing is starting to concern me the more I look at this. I signed up in February (through the MSE energy club) and I've had no notification of price increases mentioned in earlier posts.
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The winding up order has been issued by VAT Man!

COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS

The company has had a name change to

AMP 5000 LIMITED
    Company number 09749982
    Registered office addresss: Unit 8 Peerglow Centre, Marsh Lane, Ware, Hertfordshire, England, SG12 9QL

Previously known as SOLARPLICITY LIMITED 21 Oct 2015 - 13 Apr 2018

It looks like one company in the group is taking a hit for unpaid VAT

It was owned by Solarplicity Uk Holdings Limited and Solarplicity Group Limited

Seems like a lot of restructuring going on.

The website talks about several companies

Copyright is

© 2018 Solarplicity Registered Address: Unit 8 Peerglow Centre, Marsh Lane, Ware, Hertfordshire SG12 9QL

Which could be any company trading under that name at that address.

The privacy policy mentions

Solarplicity Energy Ltd.
    Company number 06895776
    This is the old LoCo2 company

It TOO has not filed accounts

The footer mentions

SOLARPLICITY ASSET LIMITED
    Company number 09132298

Also not filed accounts, this company is the one with charges which probably meams it has assets to be secured on.

Green Energy Advisors Ltd mentioned in footer was only set up in February, has a single female director and she is the only person listed with significant control, it is the call centre.

As is usual there are a plethora of companies within the group, I listed first page of 10 below in case someone cares.

The delay of invoicing may make some sense now or it could be the continued incompetence.

I doubt is any big deal but consumers just get transferred by regulator if an energy company goes out of business, this is just one subsidiary taking a hit.

The High Court date is tomorrow 18th

It may be that HM Customs are looking to conjoin other companies in group

Solarplicity Asset Limited (FRN 770903) is an Appointed Representative of Improveasy Finance Solutions which is a trading style of Green Energy Advisors Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales (Co. Reg. number 7807352). Registered Office: Manchester Business Park, 3000 Aviator Way, Manchester M22 5TG. The firm is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 708623). The firm is authorised as a Lender (limited only to green deal finance plans). It also acts as a Broker, not a Lender, and offers credit facilities from a panel/one lender. The credit is subject to application and status.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2018 at 4:40PM
    Options
    mbmonty wrote: »
    Well so much for

standing charges - we don't believe in them

I am wondering if that is for new customers?

I have received bills on 2 different properties in the past few days

both still are showing the old cheaper unit rates with no standing charges

so looks like they have not changed the 'variable' rates for existing customers so far

looks like the new 'variable' tariff being offered to new customers is not the same as the old one

I suspect they will hike the old 'variable' tariff in due course though

I assume there are rules about having to give customers advance notice of this ?
    - says 30 days notice here
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/problems-with-your-energy-bill/your-gas-or-electricity-supplier-has-put-up-its-prices/
  • harrys66
    harrys66 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wasn't really concerned by the utter incompetence of this company as i has no DD, gave in regular readings and just kept my monthly spend in a different account, but.....

The moment they put up their prices.... that was it... already started the move out, as its only a question of time before I get the new tariff email

this industry really attracts the morally vacuous sharks just after short term profit

back to ebico :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

so looks like they have not changed the 'variable' rates for existing customers so far

looks like the new 'variable' tariff being offered to new customers is not the same as the old one

I assume there are rules about having to give customers advance notice of this ?
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/problems-with-your-energy-bill/your-gas-or-electricity-supplier-has-put-up-its-prices/

I was with them for a month and left on 29th March. Still no first and final bill from them. Even logged into the online portal (which is still a mess) and nothing there. I used 51 gas units with them I know that for sure.
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options

I think you are right, I have not had notification so I am just paying into savings account as I do.

I will insist on the formal notification but will do nothing to remind them, poor souls must be busy!!

I noticed on Which comparison site that they list "Variable rate 2018" as a tariff to choose from when moving away, that seems to confirm your suggestion that they are operating them in tandem.

I will drag out the cheaper rate as long as I can.

I think they knew this would happen because when I signed up there was no fixed tariff, it had gone.

One they put the rate up to me I will move away, even if I have to pay more.

I have written to OFGEM and CMA.
  • NIGEL_TEGG
    Options
    The only reason I switched was price. but when they keep hugely over estimating gas consumption (I am a low user) and debiting too much money from my bank account, the benefit disappears. They lie about being able to submit meter readings on their website, and the phone never answers in CS. It seems they also ignore my emails saying they are overestimating my bill by a lot.:mad:
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been with Solarplicity since last August and everything has gone smoothly until today!

I always submit my meter readings via their online portal each month to keep my bills accurate.

Today I was able to submit my electricity meter reading as normal. But there is no longer any option to submit a gas reading and all trace of my gas usage has disappeared from their website? It's as though they are only supplying my electricity and not gas.

If anyone receives gas & electricity from Solarplicity I would be interested to know if this is a fault affecting everyone, or just me?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport