MSE News: BT to raise prices AGAIN - how to beat the hikes

12345679»

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ldm2015 wrote: »
    BT have emailed me to say they are charging me £65 for the router after i have cancelled

Yes if you have had it less than your contract length .Get new router and it will become yours at the end of the paid contract .
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ldm2015 wrote: »
    BT have emailed me to say they are charging me £65 for the router after i have cancelled
    Are you cancelling because of the price rise on 16th September?
  • I have BT fibre broadband and 2 mobile SIM services with them. I can't find any notification from BT about price raise in my emails. I couldn't get thro' BT last night (was on hold for a while and was said they are closed). I tried their web chat service after that. The BT rep on chat said I was sent an email on 07/Aug/18, which I didn't get. He said he resent during the chat and I was supposed to receive in 2hours (yes...2hours for an email to arrive). I didn't get any even now.

I rang again today...the BT rep was not polite. She said I was emailed Price Raise notification on 18/07/18, didn't listen to anything I said and argued BT is best, I should consider signing further 18 month contract with BT to freeze the price £31.99 and if move to NOWTV BB I would compromise on quality.

I was not happy the way she called the call. I gave her the notification to cancel BT services. She reminded I will loose 2x£5 discount I get on my mobile services.

But the MSE article (also in this forum) states...If you have both broadband and mobile services with BT, you will currently receive a £5/mth discount. Though you won't be able to escape your BT Mobile contract penalty-free, your monthly discount WILL still continue if you decide to cancel your broadband package.

I am not sure why the BT Rep was adamant she is correct and referred me to the emails BT sent when got I BT SIMs. I'm ok to continue my BT mobile contracts till their end 4th Nov (BT BB activated on 13 Dec 17).
    If I cancel BT BB will I continue to receive £5/mth discount?
    Is NOWTV BB services that bad?
    :(:mad:
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sing6m - I can't comment on the Nowtv broadband service, but when it comes to the mobile discount, I was also told that I'd lose the discount, but I've had a (mobile only) bill since cancelling the LL/BB and the discount was still there.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • JJ_Egan
    <Is NOWTV BB services that bad?>
    What the BT rep is really saying is that with BT you will have up to 52meg but only up to 38 meg with Now BB .

<<said he resent during the chat and I was supposed to receive in 2hours (yes...2hours for an email to arrive). I didn't get any even now.>>

That suggest your email as opposed to not sent .
  • @sing9m

I am in the same boat regarding the so called email notification. They said they sent the email on the 21st June which I didn!!!8217;t receive and 2 days ago they told me they resent it and it would take 24 hours for me to receive; still nothing.

Has anybody, whilst still within their minimum term, managed to cancel their contract penalty free with a similar case to mine - a !!!8216;your word against mine!!!8217; scenario?

The truth is I was only made aware of these price increases on Wednesday just gone when I spoke to somebody on the Live Chat to enquire about any fees I may incur should I decide to cancel.

That is when I started to do some digging about changes of contract which led me to this forum.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sing6m wrote: »
    She reminded I will loose 2x£5 discount I get on my mobile services.

But the MSE article (also in this forum) states...If you have both broadband and mobile services with BT, you will currently receive a £5/mth discount. Though you won't be able to escape your BT Mobile contract penalty-free, your monthly discount WILL still continue if you decide to cancel your broadband package.

I am not sure why the BT Rep was adamant she is correct and referred me to the emails BT sent when got I BT SIMs. I'm ok to continue my BT mobile contracts till their end 4th Nov (BT BB activated on 13 Dec 17).
    If I cancel BT BB will I continue to receive £5/mth discount?
    Is NOWTV BB services that bad?
    :(:mad:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74667096#post74667096
  • I had not checked my email so missed the 30 days period
    Is there any chance to come out of the contract ?

Currently BT is saying that I need to pay the remaining amount of the contract

Thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    You are only going to get a reply from BT .
    Email has been sent and received .
    Choice pay increases or pay off contract .
    Key is how long left on contract .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport