Barclays blue rewards

Comments

• What a terrible experience. I would be considering making a complaint, maybe thats just me though!

Makes me wonder whether to bother.
  • litepay
    litepay Posts: 45 Forumite
    I was in a very good mood so I didn't comment much on it in branch, I kept making fun of the advisor... by the end of it she was really embarrassed and probably thankful I didn't complain right there and then...

I will be making a complaint only if my double rewards is cancelled altogether as a result of this switch - that would be the 6th scenario :)
  • Yeah thats probably best plan. I feel like I need to go armed with a print out of their website T&Cs if I end up bothering. My local branches haven't got any appointments for weeks anyway.

I take it you kept referring them to this page?
    https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/
  • litepay
    Yes that's the one.

I'm getting £24 in monthly rewards (less the £3 blue reward fee) so for me it's worth trying to extend the period.
  • How come £24? Do you have a mortgage/loan or something with them too?
  • litepay
    Mortgage yes.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I found switching a much easier and smoother experience than some others have reported.

I opened a Barclays account online about 3 weeks ago. This last Saturday afternoon, I walked into my local Barclays branch (a large city centre branch) and said that I wanted to switch another account to Barclays. The woman on the desk got someone to serve me within 3 or 4 minutes, this second person took all my details, completed the switch agreement on the spot and signed me up for Blue Rewards at the same time. No appointment was necessary, and no ID documents were requested either, -she confirmed my ID by asking me to put my debit card in a PIN Sentry card reader and enter my PIN.

Both members of staff confirmed that by switching an account to Barclays I would indeed receive double Blue rewards for 12 months, so there was none of the confusion or lack of staff training that other forum members have experienced. Quite the contrary, they explained the benefits of Blue Rewards and were happy to switch my account for me. I found the whole process straightforward and very easy.
  • Is the blue rewards based on a calendar month? so must pay in the required amount and have 2 DDs come out in October to get the reward in November for example....
  • Nusku
    Nusku Posts: 10 Forumite
    I opened a Barclays Premier account at the weekend. I'm intended to switch an old account to it to get the triple reward bonus.

One thing that surprised me: I got a letter confirming a Premier account was open, but the debit card that came was standard one.

I called Barclays and they said I could only apply for the Premier debit card after they saw proof of funds coming into account.

Anyone else had this situation? How long time they upgrade the card ??
  • Nusku wrote: »
    I opened a Barclays Premier account at the weekend. I'm intended to switch an old account to it to get the triple reward bonus.

One thing that surprised me: I got a letter confirming a Premier account was open, but the debit card that came was standard one.

I called Barclays and they said I could only apply for the Premier debit card after they saw proof of funds coming into account.

Anyone else had this situation? How long time they upgrade the card ??

Not had that issue. Did you apply in branch or online? I did it online and it asks you questions about income bonus overtime etc and if it totals less than 70k it says you can't have Premier. So assume you did it in branch? Did they ask you about income?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure