Nottingham Building society - Beehive Money

Comments

• d63
    d63 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    All you need is a mobile phone.

The 'old fogey' is a poor excuse for not having even the most basic ones of these.

ok, fair enough!! what i should have said, was . . . an old skinflint like me . . . who begrudges having to spend any money on a piece of kit which is only wanted for receiving a one time passcode
    . . . not to mention the expense of the SIM and network costs.

hmm. maybe this needs a new thread for suggestions as to what the cheapest possible solution to this is.
    . . . if this hasn't been thrashed out already someplace perhaps?
    (ok, i'll try and stop moaning now!)
  • After waiting for activate email that arrived hours after another account holder I know eventually got signed in only to see that in this new set up they have changed our account numbers. So take this as a warning you've now probably got to change the Account number for your payments in to accounts. This is hardly a helpful seemless transition is it? So far to even get going we have had to change one of our emails as we previously used the one email for more than one account holder ; we cannot see any of our stored details when we go to look on the new site; they have removed all our previous email history; we now have to have a mobile phone to do anything.
    After their farce of having a new online Issue 1.5 percent account available for about 1 day a little while ago (all we saw was your message saying there were problems preventing us from being able to open the accounts) when we look at this new site there are no products showing. Unimpressed is not quite the word for the initial feelings of what doesn't look like much progress after all the time this new system has been coming. In many ways I would say it is a step backward.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Went in today and successfully activated Beehive transition but was in a hurry at the time so didn't check account number was the same so thank you for this warning. Will go back and check.
    Can't believe why they would change account numbers as this could cause utter confusion and possible mistakes when transferring money in the future.
    Am a new customer since beginning of the year and have to confess am not over enthusiastic over simplicity of operating account.
    Also disapprove of the insistence that customers should have a mobile phone. I do but this stipulation nis disenfranchising many poorer or older members of the community who as a result will now find themselves unable to operate their accounts.
    Very poor and thoughtless customer service in my view.
  • Primrose wrote:
    :money: I do but this stipulation nis disenfranchising many poorer or older members of the community who as a result will now find themselves unable to operate their accounts.
    Very poor and thoughtless customer service in my view.

In the same vein do you feel accounts which can be operated:

Branch only or
    Internet only or
    For specific post codes or
    Specific age groups

Are disenfranchising for some groups or should we just accept this?
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Yes I accept your point but changing the rules of operating accounts which are already set by adding the insistence of a mobile ohone in my view is not very customer friendly.

They should have specified this condition and highlighted it up front when they first notified customers they would be transitioning to a new system so they had a chance to move their money out ahead of it being implemented. To present this as a fait accompi is not very thoughtful. Perhaps it was mentioned but I don,t recall seeing anything to this effect.
  • Elvie100
    Elvie100 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My account number has not changed. Successfully activated and double checked.
    Was MFW#60 - mortgage paid off December 2021
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Primrose wrote: »
    Yes I accept your point but changing the rules of operating accounts which are already set by adding the insistence of a mobile ohone in my view is not very customer friendly.

They should have specified this condition and highlighted it up front when they first notified customers they would be transitioning to a new system so they had a chance to move their money out ahead of it being implemented. To present this as a fait accompi is not very thoughtful. Perhaps it was mentioned but I don,t recall seeing anything to this effect.
    I had numerous emails over a period of time, each of them giving me the opportunity to move my money elsewhere if I didn't like the forthcoming migration. I didn't keep them but I am sure I remember they said a mobile was required.
  • Uxb
    Uxb Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2018 at 10:11PM
    1. My account number has also not been changed and yes I had to log back in to check it this evening. This is a sole account not a joint and is an easy access account type.

2. re Mobiles
    I received one of their posted circulars about the change a few months ago. On the second page it says
    " to use your account you will need to provide us with your current mobile number..... etc"
    and
    " if you have not already given us your mobile number we will need this information from you...etc"

I later received a second posted circular about a month ago and this on the first page clearly says that we need your mobile number and email address. It also says the email address must be unique to you if you have a joint account.

Both these circulars were headed in large letters "Important changes to your account - please keep this letter safe."

Finally on the 10th Dec I also received an email telling me I had a secure message waiting for me online and this AGAIN said I needed supply mobile and email address.

They gave everyone ample notice
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    No account number change here, the only thing I have found is Beehive doesn't seem to like my password manager so I have to manually enter the details.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • d63
    d63 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ditto existing account numbers being the same, but all my old, closed accounts have disappeared. well i have old printouts and such but i just hope no old tax problems crop up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure